Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad Matty?

Heroic Warrior

Mad Matty?

Hey guys...

I cannot remember which month this is...but it seems like it was October last year?

All I know is September is going to kill me money wise...the figures rock!

So which month is Mad Matty sale???

There's no specific dates for those. They just basically announce when one's on the way and the rest is history.

They haven't had one in awhile and from a business perspective it's probably better off that way. Sales can be a double edged sword as they allow you to move product, but then it can also prevent people from paying full price on things in the first place if they think that they can get it for less down the road.

I don't think we'll see the type of stuff that we did last year around Black Friday etc. for that very reason. All it would do is set a really bad trend. Not for *you* but for *them.*

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    There's no specific dates for those. They just basically announce when one's on the way and the rest is history.

They haven't had one in awhile and from a business perspective it's probably better off that way. Sales can be a double edged sword as they allow you to move product, but then it can also prevent people from paying full price on things in the first place if they think that they can get it for less down the road.

I don't think we'll see the type of stuff that we did last year around Black Friday etc. for that very reason. All it would do is set a really bad trend. Not for *you* but for *them.*
    ^This is all too true.

Never the less, I've been wondering if we will ever get another MMM. I buy everything the first time around for full price regardless, but I absolutely love the anticipation of getting those dirt cheap blind extras.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    They'll do another one for Black Friday. They won't announce it right now, because if they do, people won't buy their reissues for the full retail price.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They'll do another one for Black Friday. They won't announce it right now, because if they do, people won't buy their reissues for the full retail price.
    They'll have *some thing* but the question is what. I just wouldn't expect to see the blow outs like last year, especially for what they did on Cyber Monday.

As nice as it would be to see some thing like that again it would only cause them more harm then good in regard to the publics perception on prices and sales in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post

Never the less, I've been wondering if we will ever get another MMM. I buy everything the first time around for full price regardless, but I absolutely love the anticipation of getting those dirt cheap blind extras.

They gotta get rid of all of those extra Star Sisters some way or another eventually...

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Yes, I believe it was October last year. I got in on that and kept two of the four figures that I was sent. Needless to say, I won't be getting in on that again - if they have it. Hehehe.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Yes, I believe it was October last year. I got in on that and kept two of the four figures that I was sent. Needless to say, I won't be getting in on that again - if they have it. Hehehe.
    Why would you not want to get in on it again? If you kept 2 of the 4 items you received, assuming you sold/traded the items you didn't keep for regular retail, you got 2 items for "free". I love free.

- - - Updated - - -

They'll have *some thing* but the question is what. I just wouldn't expect to see the blow outs like last year, especially for what they did on Cyber Monday.

As nice as it would be to see some thing like that again it would only cause them more harm then good in regard to the publics perception on prices and sales in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

They gotta get rid of all of those extra Star Sisters some way or another eventually...
    Star Sisters, Mighty Spector, and Sir-Laser-Lot for $52 shipped. Hmm...Not the ideal deal, but I'll take it.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Star Sisters, Mighty Spector, and Sir-Laser-Lot for $52 shipped. Hmm...Not the ideal deal, but I'll take it.
    I would LOVE this!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Why would you not want to get in on it again? If you kept 2 of the 4 items you received, assuming you sold/traded the items you didn't keep for regular retail, you got 2 items for "free". I love free.
    Not exactly the two items that I myself wanted. I personally got nothing out of it. The two figs I kept went to my kids. And with what MOTUC that hasn't been able to sell over the last year, I don't give my kids junk. Besides the two figs I got rid of - biggest headaches of my MOTUC life. I had a hard time getting rid of the stuff I didn't want - maybe it was because everyone else was unloading as well. Just don't need the headache this year. I'll wait for a REAL sale, thank you.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I'll probably pick up another Star Sisters set if they sell it for half price on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    They'll probably do those mystery boxes again for $40 which every box will contain a SLL and a Hurricane Hordak.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I think last October I got Captain Glenn with cringy...shadow Beast...MO Larr...skelly...and was there something else I got??? help me out...my mind is slipping...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    I think last October I got Captain Glenn with cringy...shadow Beast...MO Larr...skelly...and was there something else I got??? help me out...my mind is slipping...lol
    chief carnivous!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    chief carnivous!
    That's it! it was a killer deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    That's it! it was a killer deal!!!
    It was a great deal. I needed an extra capt. glenn to make the queen, I already had mo-larr so I took skelly and put the alcala head on him, sold mo-larr, sold the chief, and traded shadow beast for some vintage figures. Mad Matty is a great deal, even if you get doubles or figures that aren't very popular there are always people who want them.

I'm jumping on it this time.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    What if they offered a back end subscription? No discount, but giving people the opportunity to add those last 6+ to their subs already.
    Or jumping in if they couldn't/didn't before.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    "The sale starts Monday, October 10th at 9 a.m. PT (12 p.m. ET) and runs through Monday October 17th at 8 a.m. PT"
    From the October 5th Matty Collector news...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They'll probably do those mystery boxes again for $40 which every box will contain a SLL and a Hurricane Hordak.
    People say this every year and every year people get good stuff in those boxes.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    "The sale starts Monday, October 10th at 9 a.m. PT (12 p.m. ET) and runs through Monday October 17th at 8 a.m. PT"
    From the October 5th Matty Collector news...
    Wait...what? Is this an official Mad Matty Monday coming October 2012?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    People say this every year and every year people get good stuff in those boxes.
    Yeah, I have to agree. The first time I didn't bite, but I learned my lesson and did the second time. I was very happy with what I ended up with - Tytus (didn't have him as he wasn't something I would go out and buy, but now that I have become a completest I'm glad I got him for a song), a Catra (can always use and extra of her), and...crap, I can't remember the third one, but I do remember it was someone that I already had (had most at that point) but was looking for a 2nd of anyway to display. (Darn, now that is going to drive me nuts until I remember LOL).

In any case, yup, I'm in for at least one, possibly more depending on what the rest of the month looks like, whatever month they chose to do it (*if* they do it again). Although I'd be willing to bet it will be $50 this time, in which case I probably wouldn't get more than one - $80+ shipping is $100, so I could see myself doing 2, but 2 @100+ shipping would be out of my comfort zone, especially if I got two of the same lots.

Overall, though, I think they were well received once people got their booty - if they do it and it follows previous years, then I am sure it will be again. There was a decent variety of product, and no one got stuck with a set of stands as one of their 3 items.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if this is how it went down should they do it again (*rolls my TG crystal ball*): "Guys, the price has gone up to $50, but you get FOUR items now instead of THREE!" and two of them end up being sets of stands (Snake Mountain, most likely - I don't think those have sold well, especially since they are kind of "hidden" on the site, it took me a minute just now to see if they were still for sale), and two standard figures (like leftover 30th ones). Maybe a Griffin thrown in here or there.

I hope, though, that it goes like the last two times and there is some worthwhile stuff in there. *IF* they do it again, which I hope they do in any case.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are quoting the time it began last year, but I admit it was unclear - I wondered briefly the same thing myself. But it's not on the Matty page I can see, and I think we'd be hearing more about it if it were this year.

They're great if you have huge holes in your collection. I have everything except a couple of figures, so I don't want to take my chances.

Heroic Warrior
    I had everything at the time of the MMMs. The first time around, I got 1 package and wished I got more. The last time I got 3 packs and still don't regret it.

I'm a weird collector though, I guess. I like to make my own variants and I love troop building. Can't get enough PGs and Shadowbeasts and BattleArmor Keldor is a staple in my collection.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    No... as I said it's a 5th october news... so it's from the 2011...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

They're all gone actually. Maybe there is customer service stock left, but they haven't shown up in the Mattel store in El Segundo... and most of the figures they have extra stock of show up there.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.