Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Rattlor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What do you guys see in vintage Rattlor? He's naked compared to the 200X General version...looks more of a henchman than those Snake Men warriors that we are getting. I'm not being crass or anything, I'm just curious.

I'm sure Rattlor will be an awesome representation of the vintage version with that nice color scheme (I wish they paid that much attention to Frosta's back) and sculpt, but I prefer...aw, hell....you know which version of Rattlor I really want. Chances are the line won't last long enough to get to a variant with the MYP coloration, 200X armor, the bracelets and greaves, so I'll have to take the nekkid version.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What do you guys see in vintage Rattlor? He's naked compared to the 200X General version...looks more of a henchman than those Snake Men warriors that we are getting. I'm not being crass or anything, I'm just curious.

I'm sure Rattlor will be an awesome representation of the vintage version with that nPpice color scheme (I wish they paid that much attention to Frosta's back) and sculpt, but I prefer...aw, hell....you know which version of Rattlor I really want. Chances are the line won't last long enough to get to a variant with the MYP coloration, 200X armor, the bracelets and greaves, so I'll have to take the nekkid version.
    Agreed completely! I Like him but he is so bland in comparison. He, like Mekaneck, received no 200X nods and I feel cheated. It really seems like Mattel hates that era. Mine will be getting the shoulder armor from the snakemen 2 pack for now.

Great review. Actually looking forward to him now. Wish we were getting the armor but if I was a betting man we will be getting it in s weapons pack with other left out weapons. I think mattel has found away to make even more money.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I'm sure Rattlor will be an awesome representation of the vintage version with that nice color scheme (I wish they paid that much attention to Frosta's back) and sculpt, but I prefer...aw, hell....you know which version of Rattlor I really want. Chances are the line won't last long enough to get to a variant with the MYP coloration, 200X armor, the bracelets and greaves, so I'll have to take the nekkid version.
    I bet you see the armor in weapons pack 4 as it is already sculpted. This was stated towards the end of the video.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Dan, can you confirm the colour of his ankle pegs. They look to be cast in red and painted blue.

Also, how soft is the loincloth?

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    I bet you see the armor in weapons pack 4 as it is already sculpted. This was stated towards the end of the video.
    I'd rather have a repainted Rattlor variant released somewhere down the road made from existing parts that included the armor. I think the 200X armor without the greaves and bracers is like putting He-Man's chest armor on an Oo-Larr figure and passing it off as He-Man.

Way too soon to be asking for a Rattlor variant. Releasing the armor later is the best option.

He'll never look like 200x Rattlor with the MOTUC scale anyway.
    Last edited by SCB; September 8, 2012 at 10:14pm.

He looks great IMO. I think he looks better than both of the previous versions.

LOVE HIM!
    He looks JACKED!!! I know the armor for some give him the feel of a leadership position but I think the unarmored raw look makes him that more dangerous as a general who gets it in as well (but when you see the reg. with armors it does drop him down a bit)! But they did say the armor is existent and will find a way to him down the road!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

His scales are the armor, much like Khan and King Hsss.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Rattlor is the first figure since Kobra Khan that I am really excited for. This year has just been filled with characters I do not care about or issues so bad it ruined my enjoyment of the line.

BTW, this year seems to be the year of the necks.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    BTW, this year seems to be the year of the necks.
    Tallstar, Mekanek, Rattlor, ...we just need Extendar now & we have all the necks of "The Universe."
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Vintage Rattlor is just a darn fine design. Rattlor was one of the few characters that I liked equally in both 200x and vintage.

Honestly, the main reason vintage Rattlor rocks, is the color scheme. It might be the most vibrant in the line. Then of course he has a unique sculpt.

Personality wise, Rattlor will probably always be MYP for me and even a lot of vintage fans. He was intelligent, cunning, and a leader. He had actually had character development in MYP.

But with or without armor, the vintage toy was a unique sculpt, awesome paint, and looked like a snake.

Rattlor has never had a bad figure.

I'd still love to get a General/MYP variant one day. And of course I still prefer the 200x/MYP version of King Hsss and Evil Lyn, but Rattlor has always had good designs no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Way too soon to be asking for a Rattlor variant.
    Just putting it out there that Mattel could reuse that nearly 100% tooled Rattlor buck and some Evil Warrior or Draego Man forearms and boots for a rather easy variant sometime after 2014. If people want the armor to make the 200X version of the character, then that's the best way to do it.

Releasing the armor later is the best option.
    That's the worst option if you want a 200X Rattlor. I believe that there's no point in releasing the armor in a Weapon's Pak--releasing the armor, but not completing the rest of the look that it's supposed to go with. It's half-hearted. Like getting the Filmation Hordak armor, but no Blue Hordak to wear it. Do it right, rather than half-ass it.

He'll never look like 200x Rattlor with the MOTUC scale anyway.
    I don't care about the girth, I just want an armored Rattlor that looks like the MYP version.
    The size was never an issue since everyone in Classics is the same size.

Love the sculpt. The colors scheme is perfect. I don't know what is it about the the Snakemen...including Kahn(evil warrior). But the scales & detail of them are amazing. Can't wait to build the ranks of the Snakemen. They could possibly be the best looking representation of a faction in the Classics line. Don't mind the King Hiss hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Tallstar, Mekanek, Rattlor, ...we just need Extendar now & we have all the necks of "The Universe."
    You better neckognize!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Looks like the neck piece is a slightly different color. Otherwise a flawless figure.

I'll be using the armband on my UK Horde Prime.

Just putting it out there that Mattel could reuse that nearly 100% tooled Rattlor buck and some Evil Warrior or Draego Man forearms and boots for a rather easy variant sometime after 2014. If people want the armor to make the 200X version of the character, then that's the best way to do it.

That's the worst option if you want a 200X Rattlor. I believe that there's no point in releasing the armor in a Weapon's Pak--releasing the armor, but not completing the rest of the look that it's supposed to go with. It's half-hearted. Like getting the Filmation Hordak armor, but no Blue Hordak to wear it. Do it right, rather than half-ass it.

I don't care about the girth, I just want an armored Rattlor that looks like the MYP version.
    The size was never an issue since everyone in Classics is the same size.
    Well it's the Classics line. The armor would be the most reasonable compromise to getting an ultimate Rattlor, rather than permanent forearms and shin pads.

I want to see Cy-Chop's Horde belt on Rattlor.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

i think for me it just boils down to the fact that i don't like the 200x hyper-anime stylings and design choices ... i much prefer the more basic and less cluttered vintage stylistics ... for me it's effective and simple, and the 4H are bringing them to the modern day in an amazing way ...

and obviously im a huge vintage purist too
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Pure perfection! Amazing sculpt and colors on this guy!

Rattlor was one of my favorite Snake Men as a kid. I also can almost kinda sorta remember getting him. Pretty sure my Grandma (RIP) got him for me. I remember looking at his fantastic cardback art in the car after exiting whatever the store was. So yeah... Blinded By Nostalgia™ in other words.
    i hear ya man ... totally the same here but it was my late grandfather ... this figure is heaped in nostalgia for me
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1539078&t=o GIFSoup

This is what I think of every time I see that armband on Rattlor.
    Absolutely ! And Hordak also deserves "The Rattle's Elbow" along with it !!

MOTUC Rattlor is GREAT ! No doubt !! But for me, I am not too impressed with his head sculpt, he looks kinda goofy in my eyes (I repeat... that's "In My Eyes" ! ) ! Maybe that’s because I love 200X General Rattlor so much. I always liked the 200X version for it menacing head sculpt, three finger claws, two toed feet & that bad ass armour ! Not to forget that cool action feature too !!

Well, I know it’s not possible any time soon, But I would LOVE to see the 200X version hitting the classics line one day !! Having said all this, I am so thrilled of getting the classics version as of now.

Oh BTW, AWESOME Review Dan ! Thank You Very Much For Your Work !! Can’t wait for DBS Review !!!

(Off Topic: Hey, have you filmed DBS yet ? If not, can you include a shot by trying DB armour on Keldor's body WITH TRU Skeletor Head ? If you already filmed him, even a PIC would helpful in a GREAT WAY !)
    Last edited by TUC138; September 9, 2012 at 02:46am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I was middle of the road on Rattlor, and I even saw him at SDCC, and I was like meh. But really, after seeing this, I'm a lot more excited for him. The Horde armband is awesome!

The armor could easily be released in a weapons pack, and it can kinda go on anyone, doesn't have to be specific to Rattlor. Might be fun to spruce up a third snake guard out of it.

I'd rather have a repainted Rattlor variant released somewhere down the road made from existing parts that included the armor. I think the 200X armor without the greaves and bracers is like putting He-Man's chest armor on an Oo-Larr figure and passing it off as He-Man.
    I don't understand the love for Rattlor either. I mean the MOTUC version is pretty nice--a great update of a lame vintage figure--but it's not mind blowing. That said, there's never going to be a biologically different 200x variant. They could have gone the Zodak route, but decided not to. 0% chance of MYP Rattlor ever happening. So I'll take the armor in a weapons pak. Maybe they can add the bracers and such too.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    really looking forward to a snake man army builder review. trying to decide if I want to buy more than 3 pack.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor