Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Rattlor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Ah. I'm going ahead and just say it...Rattlor is the most beautiful figure in the line. At the very least tying with Teela. Rattlor is just so visually appealing to me.
    I totally agree - Rattlor is right up there with Teela and also Mer-Man. He's my most anticipated this year and couldn't be happier about the way he turned out.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Cool review Dan!

Really digging Rattlor, even more after this review. Love the sculpt and colors on him. I had the vintage one and this update really hit it off the park. I'm a big fan of 200x and would like to see that armor in a weapons pack to be able to add on to him a hybrid look just for classics, like Stinkor and Fisto. Can't wait to add more Snakemen to the ranks!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Well... after getting the Vampire bee, Duck billed robot and sad elephant I was expecting/hoping to have a short legged, long torso'd Rattlor.
    I kid not, I've been watching my 4yr old play with his vintage Rattlor a lot lately and I like his off proportions.
    It makes him look odd and creepy. But this versions legs look off putting in my opinion.

He still looks good with his snake brothers, but I'd give him 6/10 based on Dan's video.

Hey Dan,
    Great review, but I think you did have one error there. You said he is able to sit in vehicles/beasts (around 3:22), doesn't the tail prevent it entirely?

On personal note, I wish they had made mouth articulated like Hisss or Fang Man? I do not quite understand why Rattlor is exception here.

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    Well... after getting the Vampire bee, Duck billed robot and sad elephant I was expecting/hoping to have a short legged, long torso'd Rattlor.
    I kid not, I've been watching my 4yr old play with his vintage Rattlor a lot lately and I like his off proportions.
    It makes him look odd and creepy. But this versions legs look off putting in my opinion.

He still looks good with his snake brothers, but I'd give him 6/10 based on Dan's video.
    I totally agree! I loved vintage Rattlor unique legs. I don't understand why there hasn't been any discussion on that from the fans, especially since the slightest change in vintage figures is enough to get the fandom up in arms!

Awesome review! Thanks Dan! Looking forward to Rattlor!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Man this Rattlor looks awesome. I´m not a big snakemen fan, only wanted Hsss, but this is some serious figure, great sculpting and painting, rattle feature, can´t wait for him!
    Excellent review as always Dan!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome review as usual! The Snake Men and Horde were used way more as the bad guys when I was a kid, so it's soooo exciting to get more of both. I can still remember getting Rattlor at my local Toys R Us. Can't wait to have him all over again! Only one thing was missing from the review, though. No pics of him fighting Zodak? C'mon, man! ;-)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well it's the Classics line. The armor would be the most reasonable compromise to getting an ultimate Rattlor, rather than permanent forearms and shin pads.
    The Classics line does make 200X variants in the Classics style. In this case, it's one of the easiest yet since they have all of the parts already tooled except the armor (it's sculpted but not tooled). You can't make an ultimate Rattlor from one figure of him without failing spectacularly (vintage fans don't want armor and 200X fans do want armor).
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 9, 2012 at 09:24am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I want both! So I am about 50% satisfied...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

If I get just the armor in a weapon pak, I'll be elated. I don't need the gauntlets and whatnot. Same as I didn't need a face frame on Grizzlor to enjoy his loincloth and backpack. Really just adding one 200X accessory is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Classics line does make 200X variants in the Classics style. In this case, it's one of the easiest yet since they have all of the parts already tooled except the armor (it's sculpted but not tooled). You can't make an ultimate Rattlor from one figure of him without failing spectacularly (vintage fans don't want armor and 200X fans do want armor).
    In this case, it would require new tooling for the shins and forearms. I'm not sure this is needed for most fans. This sounds like a great figure to release in a four pack with the toy colored Star Sisters.
    Last edited by SCB; September 9, 2012 at 12:35pm.

The pictures of Rattlor I saw at SDCC made him seem to have a very thin waist. But, this review makes it appear that is not the case. He really looks awesome! I can imagine that he was quite an expensive figure for Mattel to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    In this case, it would require new tooling for the shins and forearms.
    New tooling for the shins and forearms? I said reuse the Evil Warrior or Dreago Man forearms and shins a page back. The only new tooling is for the armor that's already sculpted.

This sounds like a great figure to release in a four pack with the toy colored Star Sisters since the majority of fans are asking for this.
    You've got jokes, but we've got more fans asking about getting the armor to make a 200X Rattlor than toy versions of the Star Sisters. If we got a MYP colored Rattlor variant with reused Evil Warrior or Dreago Man forearms and shins instead of having his chest armor stuffed inside of Weapons Pak 4, I doubt anyone would complain.

If we got a MYP colored Rattlor variant with reused Evil Warrior or Dreago Man forearms and shins instead of having his chest armor stuffed inside of Weapons Pak 4, I doubt anyone would complain.
    Yes, we are definitely asking for a Rattlor variant over others.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Wow, I pretty much gave up on the line because I just can't afford to collect so many different lines anymore but I just HAVE to buy this guy. I'd already been planning on getting the Snakemen two pack as long as I can get them on Matty's DOS, but now I guess I need to pick up Rattlor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yes, we are definitely asking for a Rattlor variant over others.
    When did I say that it had to be immediate or needed precedence?

When did I say that it had to be immediate or needed precedence?
    Rattlor variant for 2022!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

You've got jokes, but we've got more fans asking about getting the armor to make a 200X Rattlor than toy versions of the Star Sisters.
    Darkspecter has 20 pages of quotes from forum members saying otherwise.

The sculpt and paint job look gorgeous on this figure, can't wait to get him. Would have been nice to see him wearing the 200X toys armor to see how well it fits.
    Kobra Khan and Rattlor are both so good, such a shame Mattel fumbled the ball with King Hiss.
    Last edited by Rodster6; September 9, 2012 at 02:16pm.

It looks great in the video. Crossing my figures for no QC issues.

The rattle isn't loud enough.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    What do you guys see in vintage Rattlor? He's naked compared to the 200X General version...looks more of a henchman than those Snake Men warriors that we are getting. I'm not being crass or anything, I'm just curious.

I'm sure Rattlor will be an awesome representation of the vintage version with that nice color scheme (I wish they paid that much attention to Frosta's back) and sculpt, but I prefer...aw, hell....you know which version of Rattlor I really want.
    Come on, Megamaxi! There's no comparison between vintage Rattlor:

and 200X Rattlor:

Vintage is the way to go. Much cooler looking!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post

I agree,when i seen the figure at SDCC i thought that something was odd about it and seeing the review the figure is awesome but i can't quite place what is off.I think maybe with the longer legs the should have had the paint app down the side of his legs to match his arms.IMO.

All in all a great looking figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    The nod is fine. I'm fine with him coming with a Horde armband. Big fan of She-Ra, the Horde, and Filmation.

It disgusts me seeing Rattlor with the Horde in any modern incarnations. Rattlor is a snakeman. End of story.

My personal preference, of course.

I'm with ya there. This isn't the same as Kobra Kahn... He was an evil warrior for YEARS before Snake men ever showed up... but Rattler? He started as a Snakeman...

Add in the fact that the Horde started as almost a 'universal monster squad'... Vampire, Werewolf,Bug eyed Alien, Creature for Black lagoon...

Random snake guy just doens't fit in IMO.

What do you guys see in vintage Rattlor? He's naked compared to the 200X General version...looks more of a henchman than those Snake Men warriors that we are getting. I'm not being crass or anything, I'm just curious.

In my mind Rattlor "IS" a henchmen. The snakemen were a small band of baddies... NOT an overwhelming army of generic soldiers... King HISS was the General, Rattlor was just one of hsi soldiers