Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No there is enough to go around trust me, I am not sure if Icon Heroes or AFX will be at Power-Con but if they are then they might be bringing it to look at.

As far as I know this is not limited like the Cat's Lair was (an edition of 600), so there will be more than enough to around. AFX contacted just about every retailer this morning so its something they want out in the retail chain (comic book shops, webstores, etc).
    The Cat's Lair seems to be readily available at retail price right now, even at that small an edition - so if this is open edition, I think you are correct and that it won't be too difficult to get.

It's so awesome! I want one! But not at that price when it doesn't match the scale of the Classics line (or any line for that matter). I'll not be buying it.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You have to set it up as if it's in the distance.
    Sure, but you'd need a REALLY deep shelf to be able to pull that off.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I LOVE the front, left, and right sides of the castle (sculpt), but that spine covering up the rear of Castle Grayskull looks awful! Still, I am sorely tempted to add this to my collection......
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Finally, after all the years, an item, that deserves the term "high end collectible".

Already preordered one.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yeah I love that origin of the castle! That it's a fallen giant's skull. BUT this thing is awesome!
    It's pretty much my only origin of CG that I'll entertain anymore.

But who the creature was, and why his place of death was of such significance, THAT is what remains a mystery and gives CG that extra level of mystique.

Agreed though, this piece is awesome. Some of us just get extra nit-picky when it comes to the MOST iconic things, whether it be CG, or the Power Sword, or He-Man's design elements, etc.

I really have no complaints with this creation of Castle Grayskull. Sure it's small.....but the detail & shading is amazing. I absolutely love this look. It may be the only one we'll ever get. I'm excited to actually set up my loose vintage figures around & on it. Simply awesome!!
    I have PRE ORDERED mine. Yes.......too sweet

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    It's pretty much my only origin of CG that I'll entertain anymore.

But who the creature was, and why his place of death was of such significance, THAT is what remains a mystery and gives CG that extra level of mystique.

Agreed though, this piece is awesome. Some of us just get extra nit-picky when it comes to the MOST iconic things, whether it be CG, or the Power Sword, or He-Man's design elements, etc.
    That's why I am confused that people who want it to be a real skull (personally I've never thought about it either way) would be disappointed, as clearly the "spine" in the back is meant to make it look like it had an organic origin, and it could very well be a skull that was embellished upon by whomever turned it into a castle.

Personally, I think it's gorgeous - but I just can't convince myself yet that I need a hunk of Grayskull with nothing in scale to display it with, and I'm not interested in another scale MOTU anyway (mini-figs, or what have you). That said, although it seems silly since those pics cover almost every angle, I'd love to see it top down to see how flat some areas are (tops of turrets, the space between the back door and the back side of the castle) to see if it could be used to store other things on (my car keys, or wallet, for example - trying to find a practical use).

I will eventually pick one up but the next couple of months are expensive. This month will rack me about $350. October and November will be over 100$ each month. And December will be a really expensive month.... I'll wait till next year and maybe pick up the thundercats replica when I'm at it. Maybe the will do a talon fighter with point dread add on
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I pre-ordered from markatisu's site

I will be displaying this proudly with my Adora bust that I won at Last year's Power Con auction. Very excited to have it after seeing it at SDCC. It's really beautiful.

This will be my second piece of Baena art!

Side note: the mini figures from 200X would probably display well with this castle.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Sure, but you'd need a REALLY deep shelf to be able to pull that off.
    I guess it depends on how your display is set up. It's an illusion. The Castle is too small for the figures, but it can look as though it's farther away than what it really is.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hey guys I preordered mine at fantasticplastictoys.com
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Pre-ordered from bbts. When is this beast coming out???!!??

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I guess it depends on how your display is set up. It's an illusion. The Castle is too small for the figures, but it can look as though it's farther away than what it really is.
    Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. But I just don't think the illusion works if the shelf is shallow and the castle is only an inch or so behind the figures. If you had a shelf that was like, 18 inches deep, you could set it back against the wall and have the figures closer I the edge. That would look swell. Thing is, that's a hella deep shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Pre-ordered from bbts. When is this beast coming out???!!??
    Q1 2013 which means the end of December-March. Most likely late Feb/Early March
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Are there any sites offering a payment plan? Splitting that cost into say three payments would be great! lol
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yeah I love that origin of the castle! That it's a fallen giant's skull. BUT this thing is awesome!
    You guys could always enhance the story a little, and say that the castle and skull had been broken and re-built time and time again over the eons? The teeth and cheeks are still somewhat organic looking still.
    That's kinda how I see it anyway.

As we tried to nail down the look of the skull we clearly tried to stay true to the toy first, and then much of the early art of the castle, the product painting for the back of the boxes, the box art, the minicomics, etc. We knew we wouldn't please everyone, but we went with what we felt most would like or appreciate.

Thanks to many of you for the kind words on the piece! I'm wishing I could "like" comments here like Facebook.
    Last edited by Baena; September 12, 2012 at 01:50pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    You guys could always enhance the story a little, and say that the castle and skull had been broken and re-built time and time again over the eons? The teeth and cheeks are still somewhat organic looking still.

As we tried to nail down the look of the skull we clearly tried to stay true to the toy first, and then much of the early art of the castle, the product painting for the back of the boxes, the box art, the minicomics, etc. We knew we wouldn't please everyone, but we went with what we felt most would like or appreciate.

Thanks to many of you for the kind words on the piece! I'm wishing I could "like" comments here like Facebook.
    Dude, I saw this @ SDCC and talked to Cornboy about it and he told me you were involved. And as I told him that day... this is the MOST amazing "non-character" piece I have ever seen!!
    The only thing that would make it better is if we could see the inside of it!
    Seriously, I love every detail of it, and Cornboy explained me all the reasoning behind it and how they would see it as a playset if ever done...
    Absolutley beautiful work!! Cannot wait to own this!!

One question though, does the drawbridge open?
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

I love what you guys have done, and how true you've stayed to the sources you mentioned. To me, those are the true representations of Castle Grayskull. It really doesn't get much better than this, imo.
    I love that you added the ledge on the right turret, often seen in the old art, and how stairs have been incorporated into it. I really like the right wall and the back, it's pretty stellar.

It looks great but the price is just out of reach for me at this point in time.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I love that you added the ledge on the right turret, often seen in the old art, and how stairs have been incorporated into it. I really like the right wall and the back, it's pretty stellar.
    Agreed on all this, and I especially can't wait to inspect the roof detailing in person!!

Thanks again guys!

@KUZEH, sadly the draw bridge doesn't open. Would've been really cool if it could.
    @Lay-Ze, It's not blatant, and it's somewhat covered, but fans should be able to make out a hint of an important symbol to the MotU Mythos on the top. I've yet to read of anyone seeing it yet.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Is it hte Iron Cross above the door at the top of the castle?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Castle Grayskull has a side door?! Skeletor should use that one!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Any idea where to get this beauty from within the European Union (not from U.S.-based webshops)?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog