Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor lifesize bust from PCS

Skeletor lifesize bust from PCS

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ‘SKELETOR’ LIFESIZE BUST – PCS Exclusive Edition

Limited to 125 pieces -- SOLD OUT!!

There is a dark lord haunting the realm of Eternia...and now he’s plotting to take over your shelf space! SKELETOR, eternal enemy of He-Man, is being expertly crafted into a life-sized collectible bust and features intricate sculpted details, dynamic real-cloth hood, and sinister paint details. This VERY LIMITED Pop Culture Shock Toys web exclusive also features LED EYES Also included is a signed Certificate of Authenticity.

Latest update posted 9/14

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Culture Shock
    I dont think it will ship until january. I hate to say it, but thats the honest truth.

Its just been very difficult to get a production piece to look as good as the prototype.

We are on track now, but we literally only began production a few weeks ago. We spent almost a year in development.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; September 14, 2014 at 01:12am.

Glad this has it's own thread! Sad news, but I'm glad we got some. I'd rather they do it and have it look as good as the proto instead of rushing it out. It'd be intriguing to know what challenges they faced in more detail, sometime. Just because I find that stuff fascinating.

I agree. I'm more than willing to sacrifice time for a high quality item free of defects.

I'd also like to peek behind the curtain from time to time to see what exactly is involved in mass producing something like this.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; September 14, 2014 at 01:58am.

Does PCS customer service EVER bother to take the time to reply to emails? I've sent multiple emails to them and received nothing but silence. This, on top of getting an email from them asking for my shipping address for Beast Man. - why can't they reply to my email since they took the time to email us about shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Does PCS customer service EVER bother to take the time to reply to emails? I've sent multiple emails to them and received nothing but silence. This, on top of getting an email from them asking for my shipping address for Beast Man. - why can't they reply to my email since they took the time to email us about shipping?

PCS has a deficiency and it is customer service. Jerry is aware of it and trying to get it fixed. Up until Monday they had a one person customer service team. They hired a new person this week with more to follow if needed. Due to the current products being shipped they are running at most 10 days behind on emails.

My advice is to make sure you are emailing customerservice@pcstoy.com and check your spam. Also, post in the customer service thread on statueforum (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link). Jerry checks that thread often and typically escalates the problems posted there.

I hope they get it resolved for you soon.

From the latest PCS newsletter:

As you can see many items have had serious delays. For this we apologize. Making hand crafted collectibles in low edition sizes often becomes trickier than we expect and when one item slows the production line down, it affects all of them.

The biggest issue has been getting the LEDs in the Skeletor Bust to glow like fire behind his skull and the find a way to package him so our international customers pay as little freight as possible. This has caused a massive delay but we are pleased to say all the problems have been worked out and he is well into production.

However, because of the unusually long delay we will be offering everyone who pre-ordered a Skeletor Bust before June 1st 2014 a $20 gift certificate on a future pre-order. Please note this cannot be used on existing pre-orders. To cash in your gift certificate, next time you pre-order an item send an email to customerservice@pcstoy.com and let us know you have a Skeletor Bust on order and we will refund you $20.

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    because of the unusually long delay we will be offering everyone who pre-ordered a Skeletor Bust before June 1st 2014 a $20 gift certificate on a future pre-order.
    That's cool. I'll put that $20 towards the upcoming Skeletor statue!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    That's cool. I'll put that $20 towards the upcoming Skeletor statue!!
    Very good news indeed and well deserved for our patience I will definitely put this $20 voucher to good use on the next pre-order!!!!

Interesting tidbit:

Quote Originally Posted by PopCultureShock
    Skeletor Bust is the cause of most of the delays. Same factory as Akuma Bust and Balrog.

That Skeletor Bust is the hardest thing Ive ever made...though I thinik Robocop is going to take the title soon.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Skeletor life size bust is back up for sale on PCS website if anyone missed out, its the exclusive aswell. If only the he-man ex 1:4 scale statue were available.

Did anyone see the pic of the PCS storage room with items in the works on display, there is a hat in there and it looks like it could be a hat for orko a life size one, i dont follow any other toy lines other then motu so i could be way off and dosent make sense to have a life size orko as you would think maybe Hordak as the next bust.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; January 11, 2015 at 07:30pm.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    If that hat is for an Orko life size bust, I will be a broke fool. No way I could pass on that!

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    If that hat is for an Orko life size bust, I will be a broke fool. No way I could pass on that!
    I know as much as i want say like Hordak and i think he would be the next if another is made i wouldnt pass on orko, would be kinda cool.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Personally, I think if they were to do Orko in that scale they should do all of him. A bust of Orko would be silly, but I'd by a lifesize Orko statue instantly. All that said, I don't think it is Orko's hat.

Heroic Warrior
    do you have a link to the photo you mentioned?

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I think if they were to do Orko in that scale they should do all of him. A bust of Orko would be silly, but I'd by a lifesize Orko statue instantly. All that said, I don't think it is Orko's hat.
    Hey life size bust or 1:1 Orko, either way financially I'd be in trouble. And I don't think its his hat either, but a guy can dream can't he?!
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; January 12, 2015 at 09:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    Hey life size bust or 1:1 Orko, either way financially I'd be in trouble. And I don't think its his hat either, but a guy can dream can't he?!
    Nothing wrong with dreaming.

How close are you to ordering the Skeletor bust EX now that it's available again?

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing wrong with dreaming.

How close are you to ordering the Skeletor bust EX now that it's available again?
    Oh man! I don't know, about $600.00 away close But you're right, its got to be some kind of sign. Still a little strapped for cash after Christmas. Plus I ordered some other stuff I probably shouldn't have. I'd definitely like to get it though. Have to wait and see what happens .

Well thats disappointing to hear about the motu lifesize busts. PCS said sales were a bit down on these so they arent doing anymore lifesize busts for motu, i was really hoping for hordak.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Well thats disappointing to hear about the motu lifesize busts. PCS said sales were a bit down on these so they arent doing anymore lifesize busts for motu, i was really hoping for hordak.
    I don't think it is because sales are down. Skeletor sales were better than the MK busts. He-Man did well too. I think Jerry is looking at how long it took for them to sell out combined with how supporting characters have sold versus He-Man and Skeletor in the 1:4 scale.

Personally I think Hordak and She-Ra would do well. Perhaps if their 1:4 scale statues do well, Jerry will reconsider.

I don't think it is because sales are down. Skeletor sales were better than the MK busts. He-Man did well too. I think Jerry is looking at how long it took for them to sell out combined with how supporting characters have sold versus He-Man and Skeletor in the 1:4 scale.

Personally I think Hordak and She-Ra would do well. Perhaps if their 1:4 scale statues do well, Jerry will reconsider.
    ...and it's been a 1.5 years since the Skeletor bust was initially offered for PO. We still have no firm date as to when it's going to reach buyer's hands.

Your exactly right, as I wrote my comment I was thinking that sales weren't that bad because he sold out but what you said does make perfect sense especially how the supporting characters have taken a bit to sell through. I would rather HorDak but boy she-ra would look good.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

So stoked!!!!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I couldn't afford to purchase or have the room to pick this up, but very excited it is getting closer to being in the hands for those that did.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Oh wow!! It's pretty awesome to see packaged pics, I can't wait for this bust to start shipping.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

RE: Skeletor bust

Quote Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
    At first I thought it had shipped a couple weeks ago, then I learned there was a problem with the boxes so they had to remake them.

As soon as the boxes are finished printing Im told they can be boxed up and shipped out as production is done.

Im guessing that means ship from China by early/mid June.
    PCS Filmation Collection: