Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Wadlow Has Apparently Signed On To Direct MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Read more at h

Jeff Wadlow Has Apparently Signed On To Direct MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Read more at h

Last edited by PIMPS ADAM; April 9, 2014 at 10:41pm.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Except Kick-Ass 2 was a horrible piece of crap sequel to a really great movie
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Hollywood only sees dollars.

It will be packed full of stereotypes and double talk.
    ..get ready for another classic to be destroyed for profit.
    The trendies and fake people will love it.

(Also I am sorry, I am usually a very happy positive person.)

Wow........
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Well hopefully Terry has a grip on the script where the director dosent have to change it much.

Im guessing directors would change scripts right To put there handle on things, like its there own, like TG with classics Will Terry be on the scene once he does the script and production starts
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I have no opinion on this as I've never watched a movie of his, He's also linked to the X-Force movie too, so not sure if he'll be able to do both depends when both movies are set to be released.

Will have to wait for more info on this.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I've never seen anything he has directed.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I've never seen anything he has directed.
    I've never even heard of him.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Now only time will tell, fingers crossed the script is written right.
    -- Illusions come, illusions go. Show a true face to our foe --

Court Magician
    I wonder how long will this one last...

And all of the sudden i am kinda confused right now: Variety reports - “Kick-Ass 2″ writer-director Jeff Wadlow has come on board to rewrite Sony’s “Masters of the Universe,” based on the ’80s animated TV series.
    Producers are Escape Artists principals Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch. No director is attached.
    Last edited by J.D.; April 10, 2014 at 03:12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I wonder how long will this one last...

And all of the sudden i am kinda confused right now: Variety reports - “Kick-Ass 2″ writer-director Jeff Wadlow has come on board to rewrite Sony’s “Masters of the Universe,” based on the ’80s animated TV series.
    Producers are Escape Artists principals Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch. No director is attached.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...niverse-695124

Oh Lord have mercy! Not another rewrite.

I.am.done.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Court Magician
    This is getting really hilarious...

ANOTHER re-write?!? C'mon... This is ridiculous. Just get on with it. http://www.thewrap.com/jeff-wadlow-r...e-script-sony/

Court Magician
    I hope this movie never gets made. Motu has been forgotten by the general public. The only ones that keep it alive are the very few that exist on the forums. I dont believe there would be great interest in the movie nor do i believe it would be a success. I wish Hollywood would just nix any motu movie idea completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsting View Post
    I hope this movie never gets made. Motu has been forgotten by the general public. The only ones that keep it alive are the very few that exist on the forums. I dont believe there would be great interest in the movie nor do i believe it would be a success. I wish Hollywood would just nix any motu movie idea completely.
    Anything can be marketed to the general public without any knowledge of it... Take a look at Guardians of the Galaxy. That trailer made people aware and excited for something they'd never heard of before. MOTU has enough of a following, that it could be huge.

The Wrap and the Hollywood Reporter say he hasn’t signed on to direct, but he is a director, so I assume he is the director of the film. It would be very odd to hire him otherwise. The original schmoesknow article has this very intriguing synopsis. They don’t say how they got it:

In a distant and mystical land, wimpy Prince Adam leads the life of royalty. Unknown to all but a few close friends/allies, Prince Adam is actually a hero, the mighty He-Man. Together with his friends, (such as Teela; her father, a man-at-arms; mysterious Orko and his mighty friend/horse substitute Battle Cat), He-Man battles the evil Skeletor and his minions for control of the world, and, more importantly, for the control, power and “honor of Greyskull,” the mysterious castle from which He-Man derives his powers.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    This just in:
    http://wwf.completelelyfakehollwoodwebsite.com
    Completely Fake Hollywood News reports that Sasquatch has been signed to direct new big budget He-Man movie. Script has been scrapped in favor of an entirely improvised story to be filmed in one day.

Stay tuned for more news that will be refuted or changed in a month.

Anyway, at this point I refused to get excited about the prospects of a He-Man movie until I'm in a theater and have already watched half of it. Sign me up as thinking it'll literally never happen.

I assume they like him as a possible director but he isn't sold on the script. They offer to let him rewrite it but dont sign him on as director until they see his script.

Kick Ass 2 was terrible. The first one was great. I'm fearing the worst.

They have been trying to get a MOTU movie off the ground for like 10 years. I would love to see it hit the big screen again, but I wont hold my breath. If they do make one, just don't let Michael Bay have any say on the character designs... I saw what he did to TMNT.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Evil Master of Dreams skeletor73's Avatar
    In my best Ricky Ricardo voice "Devon Franklin, you got some s'plainin' to do"... Someone needs to grill him on Twitter and call him to the carpet! He indicated they were close to starting production soon. Not with the trillionth script re-write...

I'm going to languish and die an old man before this movie is ever made. C'mon Sony I just turned 41 yesterday, I'm not getting any younger here! Us original fans are going to be eligible for Medicare before you get your heads out of your butts and make this movie. In all seriousness, Between this and the cost of MOTUC figures I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel and call He-man a wash. I've never been super fair-weather fan but I'm almost ready to pull up stakes and call it done. I mean really. I'll probably graduate school with a degree in Visual FX before this movie will ever start production (that should be roughly 2017). That's crazy!!! In Hollywood this movie has got to be the biggest joke in the industry!!!

Just saw the updated news. What the Frick?????

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Masters could be the next big thing if done right. The characters and story are already there, don't create new ones. This film needs to be over the top fantasy like Lord Of The Rings, any other way just won't work. I think a quest / personal journey type script would work best. They could even put some Hordak in the beginning of the film before he get locked away in Depondos.

For everyone still yearning for the movie to finally being made: Take a look at what other movies have gone through so many rewrites by so many different screenwriters, and then do some soul searching if you REALLY want this movie to happen, even after this whole ordeal. Think really hard about wether thats the kind of movie you want for MotU...

To me, this thing - should it even ever arrive - is D.O.A. - there's just no conceivable way for this to turn out halfway decent anymore. The studio already sank so much pre-production money and -work into it, that they'll want to milk it for everyone last penny possible. Which means it will be a watered-down, washed up mess of a movie devoid of any surprise, suspense, merit or meaning solely devised to cater to the lowest common denominator of audiences worldwide. In other words, your typical, contemporary big-budget blockbuster-movie.
    Everything comes to he who waits... and I have waited so very long for this moment.

Who is this "Adam" you keep mentioning?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm bored of this now The script must have had 5 different "re-writes" in the time its been at Sony.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Hy-Man, that's my worry too. This many rewrites can't be a good thing. That said, the only movie I know of that had a similar path, but good outcome was Freddy vs. Jason. Buuuut... That didn't lead to any sequels.