Thread: Make a new He-Man film like Star Wars?

Heroic Warrior

Make a new He-Man film like Star Wars?

Could the MOTU movie be done like the Star Wars film?

I.e. main movie then spinoff then main then spin off etc

Ha ha! I wish. They can't even get one out.
    PCS Filmation Collection:

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Star Wars is more about 'The hero of a thousand faces'.

Masters is properly about duality ..like ancient Egypt and spirals and things of importance.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    The more the merrier... as long as it's quality over quantity. The truth is, we haven't seen the new direction of Star Wars yet so how sure are we that it'll be great or what we want for MOTU?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Ha ha! I wish. They can't even get one out.
    There's no arguing here.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

For a MOTU movie, the perfect stylistic blend would be Star Wars, Conan, Lord Of The Rings, and 300.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Could the MOTU movie be done like the Star Wars film?

I.e. main movie then spinoff then main then spin off etc
    Could? Perhaps.

Will it? No, not at all.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

He-Man is nothing like "Star Wars" unless you are talking about New Adventures and even then NA is not like Star Wars either.

If it were up to me the movie would be a mix of pre-Filmation comics/toys, Filmation lore, and MYP all set with live actors and colorful CGI.

People used to joke about overly colorful movies until James Cameron's Avatar became the biggest movie of all time.

Also just heard that Scooby Doo is getting a 3rd movie but we can't get a He-Man movie done. What's going on!

Court Magician
    before we start thinking ahead of ourselves with spin-offs, side quests, alternate tales, etc, we first need a good, strong main movie to cement and anchor this potential franchise.
    And why is Scooby getting a new 3rd theatrical movie, while He-Man can't even get a new one is simple: WB/HB never forgot about the franchise - they never stopped releasing
    direct-to-DVD/BD movies and always gave us new tv series continuously since the late 60's thus keeping it alive without there being any generational gap.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Also just heard that Scooby Doo is getting a 3rd movie but we can't get a He-Man movie done. What's going on!
    Scooby Doo has been around a lot longer and is in pretty much constant rotation.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    Both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are fantasy, although a case can be made for Star Wars to be sci-fi.
    However, i really feel the look and function of a He-man movie should be a cross between Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. That would be perfect.

Court Magician
    1980's Flash Gordon is the film we need to look at...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MlqV8D9dijM

I'd love to see MOTU done in this visual style with old school special effects (with a proper budget, of course). It would be just right for this early eighties property. Just imagine the Avions gliding around on hidden wires..

Quote Originally Posted by Kelgaard View Post
    1980's Flash Gordon is the film we need to look at...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MlqV8D9dijM

I'd love to see MOTU done in this visual style with old school special effects (with a proper budget, of course). It would be just right for this early eighties property. Just imagine the Avions gliding around on hidden wires..
    The Flash Gordon movie from 1980 with Sam J Jones, Melody Anderson and Max von Sydow is one of my guilty pleasures but it was a box office flop and the proposed sequel never happened. I can honestly say i saw that movie more often than any other movie. I had it on VHS back than and i own the dvd and i watch it regularly. In English and sometimes out of nostalgia in german

But, no. I donīt think it would be wise to take the visuals from that movie for a new movie as much as i love it, i know itīs not the best movie.

If anything the people who made "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" should be approached. The characters from that world are equally campy and over the top similar to MOTU characters but the movie is great if you ask me.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

When you say like Star Wars you mean original cast returns after all these years? Like Dolph Lundgren returning as King He-Man and have the movie be him passing the torch to Dare to protect Eternia from Gorpo and Skeleteen?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    When yoi say like Star Wars you mean original cast returns after all these years? Like Dolph Lundgren returning as King He-Man and have the movie be him passing the torch to Dare to protect Eternia from Gorpo and Skeleteen?
    Thank God that Christopher Yost is writting the script now, so dreadful, failed and abbandon concepts like these, will return back to obscurity where they belong and came from.

I think before they would even consider multiple movies they (meaning studios) would want to see if one movie would do well or not. I bet they would do a lot of research and such before they even decided if they should do a movie again. There is a very loyal fan base for He-man, but it is no where the size of say Star Wars or Star Trek. So it is more of a gamble for them to do it verse the other two franchises. Now I think with the success of the Star Trek reboot, Transformers, Lord of the Rings and GI Joe also not to mention Marvel. This would be the time to do a He-man movie. With all the great talent out there from directors, writers, actors even CGI studios. Its just a wonderful time to make a non realistic "fantasy" movie for lack of a better term. The general public is not into gritty realistic movies at this time. They are enjoying there fantasy run. So He-man would fit right in.

Just my opinion though.
    WhiteArmor
    TK900