Thread: Did Barbie just take MOTU's spot?

Did Barbie just take MOTU's spot?

http://www.slashfilm.com/barbie-movie-sony-mattel/

I know they can co-exist and that Sony makes a ton of films, but the whole "Sony sees this as their next big franchise stings a bit." A WORLD WITH SCIENCE AND MAGIC! COME ON! THAT SCREAMS FRANCHISE! Scuse me while I go back into my Barbie Gloom & Doom House.

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope, this doesn't mean that Mattel and Sony make Barbie their priority for their next movie franchise instead of MOTU. If Mattel doesn't have faith on MOTU anymore, then better give the franchise to someone that cares and believes in it.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Might be a good thing, if the movie is a success and raises the profile of MOTUC in a good way.

One option could be for Barbie to dress up as She-Ra to help get the girl-power message across while Ken could dress-up as Bow, Sea Hawk or He-Man. It would of course need a suitable context and some good acting if it wasn't going to look cheesy.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Might be a good thing, if the movie is a success and raises the profile of MOTUC in a good way.

One option could be for Barbie to dress up as She-Ra to help get the girl-power message across while Ken could dress-up as Bow, Sea Hawk or He-Man. It would of course need a suitable context and some good acting if it wasn't going to look cheesy.
    Oh God, please not this. A thousands times better not having a He-Man in a movie at all, instead in a parody. Better forgotten for ever, than ridiculized.

Soooo, I guess you don't like my videos? LOL. Either way, I DO agree, some of you may not believe it but I LOVE this creation and I KNOW this would be an AMAZING Sci-Fi/Fantasy film franchise!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh fer cryin'--PEEPS?!!?!?!?! PEEPS?!?!?!?!!?!

http://www.themarysue.com/small-world-barbie-peeps-films/

Barbie could be made on the cheap and is an easy sell-in, even if complete garbage. That's probably why it was fast tracked. Think... Smurfs Movie quality.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.