Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Well with a real CG now coming, this seems like a dead letter. Just sayin'.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Well with a real CG now coming, this seems like a dead letter. Just sayin'.
    I know....

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I just cancelled my pre-order at BBTS. I feel bad about myself, but there's no room for two Grayskulls in our home. It's a great looking product and I hope it sells well!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I just cancelled my pre-order at BBTS. I feel bad about myself, but there's no room for two Grayskulls in our home. It's a great looking product and I hope it sells well!
    Ouch... can you really do that? I mean ethically you had agreed to buy it and its not like they changed the product or reduced the quality (one reason why people may cancel subs). In this case its like you agreed to buy one thing, promised to buy it and then backed out because you saw something else you like better. Seems pretty questionable to me and not something I would do.

This is a sad day for Icon Heroes and Beana. I was on the edge of ordering this but now there's no way I'll do that.
    I wonder what kind of contract/agreement Mattel has with Icon Heroes and how this will affect their relationship.
    Timing couldn't be worse for Icon Heroes.
    It's fair to the fans, however, because it'sto cancel pre-orders or to make the decision not to order this at all.
    Awesome sticker included!

Ouch... can you really do that? I mean ethically you had agreed to buy it and its not like they changed the product or reduced the quality (one reason why people may cancel subs). In this case its like you agreed to buy one thing, promised to buy it and then backed out because you saw something else you like better. Seems pretty questionable to me and not something I would do.
    Sure, on BBTS you can cancel pre-orders any time.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

My marketplace feedback

Yea, you just know that Icon Heroes and re-sellers just blew a gasket within the last hour, but what can you do. The whole business is a gamble for every one involved, but it looks like the consumer won out on this one since the I.C. version has yet to be released still giving them a choice.

I'm sure that a few people with still shoot for both, but I'd imagine that most won't and will try to nab the Matty version as long as it gets made.

Heroic Warrior
    Sure, on BBTS you can cancel pre-orders any time.
    Sure you can... but is it ethical. That is the question you need to ask yourself. You made a commitment to that vendor, and now you are reneging.

Hope you sleep well tonight!

I'm still getting both....assuming both come out. This is an awesome sculpt and if nothing else, it works more in scale with vintage figures than classics figures, so I can use it in that manner as I don't have a vintage Castle.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure you can... but is it ethical. That is the question you need to ask yourself. You made a commitment to that vendor, and now you are reneging.

The ethics of backing out on something you committed to buy is somewhat of a moot point in today's retail world. It happens quite often. People return things for any reason under the sun and don't feel bad about it. I can see the point about if you committed to buying something, you should stick to it, but that's not how today's reality works.

Yea, but if you want to blame any one blame BBTS for allowing it to take place, in the first place. They make the rules and at the end of the day their own rule in a sense came back to bite them. Heidi nor any one else in this situation is doing ANY THING wrong if that's the store's policy on the matter.

You usually have a negative and positive in a situation and I'm assuming that the system that they have in place makes a lot of money, but of course the draw back is some thing that we see here. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.

What will you do if the MOTUC Grayskull preorder doesn't sell through?
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    I think that most people would just take their chances and buy it at that time on the secondary market.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    I have a feeling this will succeed. I don't know many collectors that will pass on an MOTUC scale CG.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

I'm getting both, but currently I'm way more excited about the Iconic Heroes version. Actually I think the Matty version has a bigger challenge because while I got three subs, I won't preorder more than one Castle Grayskull. They need to sell about the same number of CGs as they sold 2013 subs. Good luck there. Just saw the IH version here at the con and it is too gorgeous not to get.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I kinda want both, but the Icon Heroes version is more affordable for me.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I did that as soon as the information started coming in for the playset that they are planning. With a real Grayskull on the way, I don't have to settle for a display piece anymore.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm sure I will. That might make me an un-likable person in some people's eyes, but that's an honest answer. If a store offers me the chance to cancel pre-orders anytime I do not see anything un-ethical in doing so. If on the other hand I had made a commitment to buy the finished product (like via subscription) and then broken the contract I committed to, it would be a whole different matter in my eyes. But I didn't do that. I do feel sad for the Icon Heroes crew and I genuinely do hope that their CG is a success.

My marketplace feedback

They're both unique enough to have both. Of course the Playset Grayskull will be the hands down winner…BUT I absolutely still want the Icon Heros Grayskull. It's a thing of beauty. I'll take it to work and put it on my desk there.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Plesae don't pick on Heidi. Anyone who purchased a figure on that site can cancel their order, and as a consumer they're wise to do so if they no longer want the item. Otherwise they're stuck with an expensive purchase that they may regret, and that's no fun. Not every business holds people to their pre-orders (not to mention subscriptions) like Mattel does.

Heroic Warrior
    I´ll still buy the icon heroes one. It`s a high end collectible statue.

And the MOTUC version is not set in stone yet. No one knows how much units Mattel wants.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that Mattel has announced that a MOTUC Castle Grayskull is in the works does anybody still plan on purchasing the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull? Do you think Icon Heroes had any idea? If not, I think that's pretty messed up on Mattel's part.

We also have to buy the "Fortress of Power" for $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    Do you think Icon Heroes had any idea?
    I heard the statue was made by one or more of the 4 horsemen, who are the same guys who will be working on the playset. I imagine there would have to be a serious lack of communication for Icon Heroes not to have not known about the playset beforehand.

What was this Icon Heroes Castle you speak of again?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    We also have to buy the "Fortress of Power" for $400.
    Had no idea people were paying that much. As beautiful as it is, it's just a facade.

Anyway remember that MOTUC Grayskull might not even happen. They can't even sell the Wind Raider. Icon Heroes might end up being the only one.