Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    No problem! Pictures does NOT do it justice! Wait till you see this masterpiece in person!
    Nice pics Titan. This CG is going to be great. Can't wait for the Mini Masters to display on it.
    I don't know but that TCats Lair looks really cheap next to that CG. Anyway let's get to Snake Mt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Nice pics Titan. This CG is going to be great. Can't wait for the Mini Masters to display on it.
    I don't know but that TCats Lair looks really cheap next to that CG. Anyway let's get to Snake Mt!!
    Yeah.....Castle Grayskull really put's Cat's Liar to shame! It doesn't come close to matching it!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    Yeah.....Castle Grayskull really put's Cat's Liar to shame! It doesn't come close to matching it!
    Really glad you're enjoying it. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this to come in the mail!!

I could not find my MOTU Mini's so I use my toyline in its place, they are bit too big but it still works

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I got mine yesterday. Love the design, but it was definitely smaller than I expected. I knew it would not be in scale but I really thought it was a bit bigger. That's my only gripe about it, though.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree : the sculpt is amazing ! This item was done properly, and I understand the persons who bought it !

Now, I wonder how the MOTUC Castle Grayskull will look like compared to Icon Heroes polystone statue. I guess that will be... interesting.

Anyone got their CG from BBTS yet? They keep postponing the arrival date and I'm just about to cancel with them and get mine somewhere else.

That thing is awesome! If I had the discretionary income, I'd totally buy it. And if they make a Snake Mountain down the road, I'll be really upset that I don't have them both. Anyways, great job on the castle and the box art painting is awesome too. The only thing I would even change is to make the eye sockets darker - not sure if I'd go a darker green, or all the way black. BUt that's just me.

i'm confused with this, when i made the pre-order shipping was 56us on bbts, now i've received a notification to pay for the item and shipping is now 78us ...

this is now nearly 200 bucks plus what i'll have to pay to customs leaves me thinking if it really is worth all this money ... i'm basically paying over two castles to have just one

Just got an email notification from Big Bad Toy Store. Their delivery has arrived and my order has been processed. Looks like my credit card has been billed too. Really excited

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Anyone got their CG from BBTS yet? They keep postponing the arrival date and I'm just about to cancel with them and get mine somewhere else.
    I just got my notice a few minutes ago from BBTS stating that my order is processing and getting ready to ship.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I just got my notice a few minutes ago from BBTS stating that my order is processing and getting ready to ship.
    Got my notice today as well and it's getting ready to ship...thank you for the update!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Pixel Dan, thanks to your review, I decided to order one just now! It looks awesome!

I got mine this afternoon... and I'm in love.

Finally got a shipping notice! Finally, the power will be MINE!!!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

With the exception of the nose (I can't un-see an upside down heart), I think this is my favorite depiction of the castle ever.

I'm stoked for the MOTUC one we're getting, but as more time has passed and as this version has sunken in, I really love it. I can see it as a real place in my head.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    For some reason my credit card company blocked the charge on my Castle Grayskull! I hope it's because the billing address was wrong. I fixed everything and tried again. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get it!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    With the exception of the nose (I can't un-see an upside down heart), I think this is my favorite depiction of the castle ever.
    I was going to suggest that it could be another symbolic shape... But you won't be able to unsee that either.

I've probably said too much!

I have few critiques for the castle... Some I'll say openly, others I won't. I've said before that we worked on the face a bunch and in the end I'm still not 100% happy with it.
    I won't say what % I am happy with it... I'll just say, I'm VERY happy with the face on the play set, and leave it at that.

That said. I do love this statue. Very happy to have one, really beyond happy that I could work on it. And that these things are even happening.
    I'm also really thankful to see so many of you that have one in hand are loving it too.

Can't wait for you all to see what else has been in the works!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

oh what the heck, I broke down and ordered one from ebay.

Actually the face sculpt was one of the reasons I was on the fence for this one. I don't like the brick-structured look of the eyes that much and the upside-down heart-nose, either. But other than that I still think it looks awesome (that said, I'm not too fond of the meatball-cheekbones of the MOTUC version, either). My favourite version would still be a mixture of the prototype with the molten-wax look of the illustrations in the first four Alcala minicomics.
    Awesome sticker included!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hooray! My credit card worked properly today. All is right with the world again.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

BBTS just shipped out my order. Can't wait!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Can't wait for you all to see what else has been in the works!
    I just got my statue…and I LOVE IT!!! You and Icon Heros really did an awesome job on this! And…I love that tease! I can't wait to see what else you've been working on! Thank you for pouring some love into this! It really shows.

About the size…it's pretty much the size I was expecting.

Now…a little name dropping…
    I think I've said before that I ordered mine from markatisu's Fantastic Plastic website. I don't think I ever said that he allowed me to make payments on my order, so I wouldn't have to pay it all at one time. Mark is a great guy, and I really appreciate him doing that! Thank you again!
    Last edited by chuc98; May 7, 2013 at 07:09pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Got mine over the weekend!
    Will post some pics later today!!
    This thing is awesome!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Just saw one of these in person and it's gorgeous!

I wish I could afford one.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Now…a little name dropping…
    I think I've said before that I ordered mine from markatisu's Fantastic Plastic website. I don't think I ever said that he allowed me to make payments on my order, so I wouldn't have to pay it all at one time. Mark is a great guy, and I really appreciate him doing that! Thank you again!
    No problem, I was more than happy to help another orger out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback