Thread: M.U.S.C.L.E./kINNIKUMANin MOTUC?

M.U.S.C.L.E./kINNIKUMANin MOTUC?

There are so many MOTUC renditions we still want - and so many being made a lot of us don't - but I was wondering. As Mattel made the M.U.S.C.L.E characters - mini versions of Japanese Kinnikuman toys - could these become MOTUC figures in any distant continuation of the line?
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Yeah, but SOOOOO DISTANT ('cause no one would ever vote for it until the important figures are out of the way) that you might as well just make a toyline just for MUSCLE rather than slap the MoTUC logo on it. Besides, that line has had a bunch of toylines in Japan and even one over here at one time (not just the little rubber guys, but full action figures). Bascially, there's no point.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd actually be more supportive of MOTU characters done in the format and style of MUSCLE. How could would that be? No paint, just solid rubber little guys in mostly MUSCLE flesh color, but also other colors as well.

Those I would buy the heck out of!!
    Last edited by Barbecue17; January 25, 2012 at 12:43pm. Reason: typo
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

No, but you can certainly import Kinnukuman toys (action figures) if you're looking for non-MUSCLE sized versions.

Heroic Warrior
    No. M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinnikuman is a Bandai owned property that was only licensed to Mattel for a couple of years in the eighties, and really doesn't share any of the same elements as MOTU. Around 2002-2004, Ultimate Muscle was released through Bandai of America. We have enough characters between the Vintage Line figures, 200X, Filmation Characters, and minicomics that have yet to be made that it seems pointless to shoe-horn a bunch of figures from an un-related line. Now, if Mattel ever gets the license to make M.U.S.C.L.E. figures here in the U.S. and they happen to be made in more or less the same style as Classics, then we're talking.

No thanks.

Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'd actually be more supportive of MOTU characters done in the format and style of MUSCLE. How could would that be? No paint, just solid rubber little guys in mostly MUSCLE flesh color, but also other colors as well.

Those I would buy the heck out of!!
    Yes !!!!!!!!!!
    I really like the idea of MOTU characters in a solid rubber format !
    Maybe somthing like those mini-MOTU figures from 80's Portuguese sweet/candy...

I personally want edible MOTUC. Strawberry-flavored. With serving of maple syrup as an accessory.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Roton 3) Road Ripper 4) Vintage Fright Zone 5) Dragon Walker 6) Land Shark

I don't understand how you could even get the nerve to seriously post such an idea. The silliness is mind blowing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    There are so many MOTUC renditions we still want - and so many being made a lot of us don't - but I was wondering. As Mattel made the M.U.S.C.L.E characters - mini versions of Japanese Kinnikuman toys - could these become MOTUC figures in any distant continuation of the line?
    How about Kinnikumen the size of masters
    I have a couple of these. And man are their joints ever tight. Can barely move their limbs.

I would like Masters the size of M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinkeshi/Kinnikuman/whatever you want to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I personally want edible MOTUC. Strawberry-flavored. With serving of maple syrup as an accessory.
    I think all you need is a trip to the local IHOP of a stack of pancakes.

After I get Bravestarr and Blackstar characters.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    After I get Bravestarr and Blackstar characters.....
    Yeah... what he said!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I don't understand how you could even get the nerve to seriously post such an idea. The silliness is mind blowing.
    Mattel relased 'M.u.s.c.l.e.' just as vintage MOTU was bowing out and 'New Adventures' He-Man was coming in. Perhaps the OP made this link. Others have requested Bravestarr and Major Matt Mason - Even Big Jim - be represented in MOTUC just as a kind of toy retrospective of Mattel's back catalogue. In this context the OP isn't making that silly a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Well, MOTUSCLE happened after all these years and how prescient was I?!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

They ended up getting made, but not as part of MOTUC. Please post in the M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. thread in the link below if you wish to discuss further. Thanks!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-o-t-u-s-c-l-e!