Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull Discussion

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast-Man View Post
    Yeah the paint brush hairs would be due to the fact that castle was completely "Dry Brushed" to give it those black creases that make the details pop out.
    Oh, I wasn't sure if that was a common thing with dry brushing. I've never dry brushed anything before. Either way, it's okay because they were easily removed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I hope we see everything at SDCC that's been teased to us this year! Having the castle in hand, I can't wait to see the Filmation inspired base AND Talon Fighter displayed! And Can't forget about Snake Mountain!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Not sure I'll add the add-on base, as cool as it is. But I'd be very tempted by Point Dread. I wonder if they'll be separate or a set? And Snake Mountain will definitely be mine. It'd be awesome if they showed us something they haven't teased like the Crystal Castle or the Fright Zone.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It'd be awesome if they showed us something they haven't teased like the Crystal Castle or the Fright Zone.
    A surprise WOULD be nice!

Is that Point Dread!? The castle looks as if it's on the stand that was teased...can't wait for another pic!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Is that Point Dread!? The castle looks as if it's on the stand that was teased...can't wait for another pic!
    Yes that is the Castle Grayskull add-on they hinted at shortly after the Castle was released. It sits on top and there is a Point Dread to do with it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes that is the Castle Grayskull add-on they hinted at shortly after the Castle was released. It sits on top and there is a Point Dread to do with it
    I can't wait t be your customer again!

Wow... These Icon Heroes pieces are too good to pass up! My wallet is crying already.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its awesome man, I know from talking directly to AFX sales shortly after the Castle was released they were ecstatic at the sales and response so I am thrilled you got to do some more work and expand things for us
    Sweet!

I'm just as thrilled to paint up Box art for Grayskull AGAIN with all those add ons, AND box art for Snake Mountain as well!!!

What do y'all say... Should I throw She-Ra in there this time?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    You need to convince them to take on the POP license.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Sweet!

I'm just as thrilled to paint up Box art for Grayskull AGAIN with all those add ons, AND box art for Snake Mountain as well!!!

I vote YES! I can't wait to see what you produce for Snake Mountain and the Grayskull add-ons!

So you guys like it?

Been excited for everyone to finally see this!
    Too friggin sweet!!! Snake MT!!! Point Dread!! Awesome!! Way awesome!!
    Where do I preorder??????????

I'll ask about She-Ra. There might be a licensing thing there, so I obviously can't promise anything... Yet.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Too friggin sweet!!! Snake MT!!! Point Dread!! Awesome!! Way awesome!!
    Where do I preorder??????????
    If it follows last years schedule dealers will be able to order their stock next month sometime. I can't wait and I have AFX Sales on speed dial so I can place my order immediately when the solicits come out.

So happy MOTU is getting this awesome treatment!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I've got to figure out a way to get these, Castle Grayskull, CG base, Point Dread, Snake Mountain.... greatness!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I'll ask about She-Ra. There might be a licensing thing there, so I obviously can't promise anything... Yet.
    I would go broke if you did Filmation Crystal Castle and Fright Zone ... but yes please ask!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Where on the floor are these displayed?

I can't wait to see more pics of this! And the castle on it's stand…and fingers crossed Point Dread fits nicely onto the castle!!

i might have to invest in these...
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Wow, did anyone notice that Castle Grayskull now has the blaster and the flag ontop of the towers? I wonder if they come with Point Dread or the Filmation-base.
    (look closely at the background!)

Toy news has some amazing pics from different angles! Yeah the blaster and flag are there and it appears as if Point Dread has a detachable base so it can go on the castle!

Heroic Warrior
    Why is the MSRP so high on the Castle Grayskull accessory set? It's $175, compared to $125 for the castle itself. It looks like roughly the same amount of raw materials. I think they might have a tough time selling an accessory that costs more than the item it goes with.

I'll definitely get both the Castle add-on set and Snake Mouintain.

The add-on set is little bit on the expensive side though... I wasn't expecting it to cost (that much) more than the original Castle Grayskull itself.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobubott View Post
    Why is the MSRP so high on the Castle Grayskull accessory set? It's $175, compared to $125 for the castle itself. It looks like roughly the same amount of raw materials. I think they might have a tough time selling an accessory that costs more than the item it goes with.
    Hopefully I can answer some questions here.

I believe there's more material in the Grayskull Set compared to Grayskull by itself. The Base alone is nearly the same amount give or take a little. It's quite a bit wider than overall than Grayskull. But then on top of that, the pack comes with in addition to the base, the bridge, the flag, the gun, AND Point Dread and the Talon Fighter. And if everything goes according to plan, that top Portion of Point Dread with the Talon fighter IS designed to sit on top of Grayskull as well.

Keep in mind also, there are more paint apps on this accessory set than there were for Grayskull itself. As we know, paint apps can cost quite a bit in production.

Hope that helps justify the price point a little for anyone who is curious.

Snake Mountain is huge, and it's paints should be interesting... Not exactly sure what the price point will be on it yet, but if you want it, I'd say start saving up!
    Last edited by Baena; July 18, 2013 at 02:28pm.

Also keep in mind that I am going to try to help orgers like I always do with discounts so hopefully that helps some of you guys. Also I can do payment plans so when the time comes if you really really want it talk to me in private.

Nobody should miss out on these, they are too awesome!