Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential MAJOR Movie News - Audio Interview With Producer Todd Black

Potential MAJOR Movie News - Audio Interview With Producer Todd Black

Alright, I found an audio interview dated 11th July. Itís with Todd Black, one of the producers at Escape Artists who, as we all know, are (hopefully) making the MOTU film. I seriously think something major could be in the wings. Itís very brief, but at the 45m:35s mark the lady interviewing asks him about any upcoming projects, and yes, he mentions Masters of the Universe first.

He mentions that they're about to "set a big director on that" and mentions that "hopefully we'll be shooting that next year". Best yet, and this is something that Tallstar in particular will be very pleased to hear, is that he mentions She-Ra! He doesnít actually say that she'll be in the film per se, but I think the fact that he mentions He-Man and She-Ra together could mean something.

Here's the interview: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/123-fil...s-meryl-streep

Hopefully things start moving. It would be amazing if She-Ra was involved, even if it was just a nod to Adora as a baby seeing her Kidnapped. The way things are with MOTUC right now...this is some much needed good news. Thanks for sharing it! :0)
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 20, 2012 at 11:16pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

All the movie stuff falls in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category by now, but it is encouraging!

when the picture was black this is a glimmer of hope.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

OMG! Classics can probably be saved now!!! A few seconds later he even reconfirms that Masters of the Universe and The Equalizer will probably be the next two to start shooting. Thank you, Krueger.

Wow this is good movie news (minus the She-Ra part)

Hopefully it will mean that "in a movie year" is coming sooner then we expected
    Last edited by wolfsfang; July 22, 2012 at 10:56am.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

NICE! Glad to see some potential good news!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!!

WOW! Awesome! She-Ra was mentioned! Soooooooooooooooo hope she's included!

Twins of Power - together on the big screen again!

Good news !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I'll believe it when I see it!

Heroic Warrior
    awesome!!! news

new comment of DeVon Franklin about he-man movie

"If you’re a He-Man fan from the 80s, then you’re going to love it. We have a great team of writers who are putting together an amazing story, and it’s a project that I’m very excited about because it will take advantage of all the new technology that is available today. It’s a world that lends itself to 3-D".

also found this note: Note, on IMDB there's a listing for Grayskull , but that could simply be a placeholder from the stalled WB version of the movie that Joel Silver's production company couldn't get past rights holder Mattel.

and check this out, not sure how old it is: http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/1...-on-track.html
    Last edited by Romadon; July 21, 2012 at 05:46pm.

^ It is a pretty old quote, but thanks for posting nonetheless!

The bit that intrigues me is when he says they’re “about to set a big director on that”. It’s highly probable that they’ve already hired a director; they just haven’t made an official announcement yet.

I really hope this is it. Sony will be the third studio. Let’s hope it’s a case of third time lucky.

Co-Creator of the NV
    hmm... he mentions She-Ra.....

Sounds like a movie I likely won't be watching. If that ends up being the case, I hope that those who do watch it enjoy it

I wonder who are in the big director category (for a movie like that)
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 22, 2012 at 01:25am.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I'd still love for Zack Snyder to tackle it.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    ^ The bit that intrigues me is when he says they’re “about to set a big director on that”. It’s highly probable that they’ve already hired a director; they just haven’t made an official announcement yet.

I really hope this is it. Sony will be the third studio. Let’s hope it’s a case of third time lucky.
    It's Sam Raimi ( i am joking) and it's not because i might be a fan or something but things just happen I have that strange feeling because he wrapped up Oz The Great And Powerful and cancelled (or whatever) World Of Warcraft... I know i am like 99,9% wrong but who knows. Anyway finally some brief news but GOOOOD ones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    hmm... he mentions She-Ra.....

Sounds like a movie I likely won't be watching. If that ends up being the case, I hope that those who do watch it enjoy it
    Oh sure you will like rest of us From my point of view she has to be in the story (they kidnap her when she was still a baby and boom towards the end of the movie she shows up)

It's being claimed on a blog that is currently being discussed on Shadow Weaver's Realm that the name of the director could be revealed within the next week.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    It's being claimed on a blog that is currently being discussed on Shadow Weaver's Realm that the name of the director could be revealed within the next week.

http://vertigoinks.blogspot.it/2012/...-neitlich.html
    This is actually really gonna happen Little warning though: People don't expect a whole lot (this could be slightly different) - a whole MOTU movie (you know Bayformers, Battleship, GI Joe)

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The bit that intrigues me is when he says they’re “about to set a big director on that”. It’s highly probable that they’ve already hired a director; they just haven’t made an official announcement yet.
    What if it's Guillermo del Toro?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Wow, this has come out of nowhere - very interested to know who it is now.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh sure you will like rest of us From my point of view she has to be in the story (they kidnap her when she was still a baby and boom towards the end of the movie she shows up)
    You really don't know DL or me do you

The addition of She-Ra would make us not watch it because we really do not like her and consider her to be one of the worst, most pointless, ill conceived piece of rubbish to ever darken the world of MOTU

and before you LOL

That is not a joke.

The whole she was kidnapped as a baby and the Sorceress just happened to wipe everyone's mind to make people forget she exists to the ridiculous way she went from Horde General to Rebel Leader just because some guy appears and claims to be her brother, gives her a sword and says "join the other side".

Epically stupid

MOTU movie + She-Ra = DL & Me not watching
    Last edited by wolfsfang; July 22, 2012 at 08:12am.

I suppose Peter Jackson and his team is just too much wishful thinking ???
    Bring on the Snake Armor!

for some reason I find those GIFs that Tallstar posted to be really annoying, especially the top one with that woman crying. I so want to slap her

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    You really don't know DL or me do you

The addition of She-Ra would make us not watch it because we really do not like her and consider her to be one of the worst, most pointless, ill conceived piece of rubbish to ever darken the world of MOTU

and before you LOL

That is not a joke.

The whole she was kidnapped as a baby and the Sorceress just happened to wipe everyone's mind to make people forget she exists to the ridiculous way she went from Horde General to Rebel Leader just because some guy appears and claims to be her brother, gives her a sword and says "join the other side".

Epically stupid

MOTU movie + She-Ra = DL & Me not watching
    This is not by any mean argue whatsoever - just chit chat I suppose you haven't read that other post of mine (don't expect a whole lot from this one)? It's Hollywood man if She-Ra is in it i suppose they are going for searching route of the movie (Adam in quest of search Adora) - it's maybe stupid but no one is looking on us (fans), it's about busines and how much of toys they can sell at the end.
    Put a lot more female leads and you know where is my point going (yet again that other post of mine). 12 dollars or few bucks more won't be a loss for Sony & Mattel if you and Darth Latveria won't watch the movie (and don't tell me you won't peak at least an Trailer...). And don't forget i am also an fan (not particularly by Adora\She-Ra) but i will watch it because i've been waiting years for this one