Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors Arrival Thread

Hybrid View

Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors Arrival Thread

So my 3 sets are currently out for delivery. I should have them in hand within the hour. Now to make room for them!!

Edit:

Okay here are a couple of pics.

IMAG0781.jpg

IMAG0780

IMAG0782.jpg
    Last edited by dagodfather; September 16, 2012 at 12:22am.

No pic? Wow.....
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Give us a picture and tell us if they are Black plastic or not.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    It's been two hours! Where are the pics?? How dare you start a "arrivals" thread without having anything to show us!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Pictures later on. But a few initial thoughts.

The snakeman with the rattlor body does indeed have some black plastic in places. However, the paint does not seem to come off when moved. Tight joints, I'm pleased.

Now for the lighter colored snakeman, all 3 have the Spikor/Vykron stuck right shoulder syndrome. Other than that, their fine.

Can you post a picture of the red eyed snakeman head on King Hiss body?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

Subscription Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors ARRIVED!

Just got home from work to find my subscription Mekaneck, DB Skeletor and Snakemen two pack arrived! Glad to see them since I had not received any shipping notice from Matty this month (like many). Pics will come but it's late and I've got to get up early for work. Quick thoughts:

Love Mekaneck - so classic and perfect. Yes, as PixelDan's video showed, his big triangle eye helmet thing seems like it should have been a little lower but it's ok - nothing I think I would have noticed had PD not pointed it out!!

DB Skeletor - not a fan of variants - never have been BUT I love that I do finally have a classic toy Skeletor now by swapping the original armor and head onto the DB Skeletor buck. Feels right and I'll be keeping this version on display. ALSO - the final mini comic! WOW - it's good. ARE YOU READY FOR SPOILERS? DON'T READ FURTHER if NOT!

The comic is cool -

lots of characters featured, but basically He-Man, She-Ra and crew team up with Skeletor and his evil warriors to take on Hordak and Hiss. Clamp Champ is the one who kills Man-At-Arms, and NA Skeletor makes his debut! Also, yellow skin Evil Lyn appears to be on either Hordak's or Hiss's side - fighting Skeletor.
    So much more but it is pretty cool - LOTS of eye candy!

Snakemen two pack - very cool. Love the parts and options but I won't be displaying them - wouldn't have bought them as I'm not really into army packs or generalized figures. The Rattlor sculpt is freaking cool though!

Ok, nuff for now

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    You missed SCB's "1st Rule" !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    You missed SCB's "1st Rule" !
    ..and the "Spoiler Tag" (for those that want to be surprised with issue #3, myself excluded) I'm going to read it and then its off to be shipped.

I hope I get my shipment today, it shipped on 9/15 and it usually takes 4 days to arrive. First thing I'm going to do is check for QC issues and I hope I don't have to "take the black" (a little Game of Thrones humor Lol) Then I'm fixing Mek's helmet and see if I can add the yellow snake man head on King Hsss's snake form with a little slice and dice action.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Just arrived today. The Snake Men are looking great. The orange one does have black plastic limbs but the paint apps on mine are solid. The other one is molded in yellow, which is a great sign. The only flaw on them is the paint rub on their hands from the weapons. The paint really just peels off :/

Mekaneck is also a great figure, no paint flaws on mine. After inspection, it looks like the helmet will be more difficult to remove as I dont want to scratch the paint off. Spikor's lazy eye was way more of an annoyance than this.

DB Skeletor looks good too. The dragon still looks goofy on hand as he did in the pics, which I don't like. My Skelly chipped at the shoulder/bicep point upon the first twist. I'll add some pics to the QC black plastic issues later. Least favorite of today's shipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Well since I don't even have SLL here in Canada yet, ask me in 2 months how I like the new Snake Men, Mek, and DB Skelly. Mine haven't even shipped yet.

cant wait for that comic
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

This is the variant I was least looking forward to due to the closed mouth of the dragon and no fire feature, unlike the added thunder punch effect with TP He-Man, but you know what? He pops in person. The colors are really nice and the Khan boots are awesome.

However, I have other plans for him. The dragon head will be a new dragon character and the armor will be lost to create a hybrid Vintage Alcala Skeletor.

The figure as is - Not bad

Now with the Alcala effect!

Draego Man's brother - Drogon

Vintage Alcala style

The Alcala head on the DB Skeletor body looks great.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Such a shame Mattel ruined this possibility for me with their ******* black plastic!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Just arrived today. The Snake Men are looking great. The orange one does have black plastic limbs but the paint apps on mine are solid. The other one is molded in yellow, which is a great sign. The only flaw on them is the paint rub on their hands from the weapons. The paint really just peels off :/

Mekaneck is also a great figure, no paint flaws on mine. After inspection, it looks like the helmet will be more difficult to remove as I dont want to scratch the paint off. Spikor's lazy eye was way more of an annoyance than this.

DB Skeletor looks good too. The dragon still looks goofy on hand as he did in the pics, which I don't like. My Skelly chipped at the shoulder/bicep point upon the first twist. I'll add some pics to the QC black plastic issues later. Least favorite of today's shipment.
    You mentioned that the yellow snakeman is molded in yellow plastic does this include the hands, also is mekaneck in blue molded plastic or is it painted?

I really like these, but I don't think I want more than two sets. They're great to fill out the ranks while the other three core members wait, but it's those core members that matter more to me than the army.

The cool thing is the four heads are similar in color enough for you to use them on any body, more options. Wish the weapons weren't in hand while packaged, really outstretched the grips. The weapons themselves are pretty awesome.

That Slush-Khan would look great with the blue snake man armor.

Your Pictures are awesome as usual SCB. Vintage alcala is better than I thought. Too bad about whats inside him. I'm glad you think the Dragon head "POPS" in hand. I don't think I will ever like it though. Is this real?

Dragon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Trans22:3122095
    You mentioned that the yellow snakeman is molded in yellow plastic does this include the hands, also is mekaneck in blue molded plastic or is it painted?
    Yes, the yellow hands are molded in that color. Mekaneck, however, has painted limbs - his shoulders down to his hands and hip joints down to his feet (minus the ankle joint). Mine received an excellent paint job which I'll have to take care of to keep it good.
    Also the red button from Stinkor's armor does fit well on Mek's back, looks much better that way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Got my lot over the weekend, fantastic set of figures! Not big on Snake Men but they look good.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Just got my package today, opened the box to check Mechaneck and his goggles looked perfect to me. Grabbed the mini comic to read, I'll open and display later, but the mini comic actually blew me away. Gettin the feeling that the $50. Beast/variant slot is gonna go to smash blade he-man and terror claw Skeletor.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Griffin 008.jpgGriffin 009.jpgGriffin 013.jpgOh, I got my subscription box yesterday. What a treat. Luckily all turned out well. DB Skeletor was an opener anyways.

Still do not have my figures as of today. They haven't zig zagged but are taking forever this month.

Also crazy is my day of order is beating my sub order with my Snake men order that I had to do seperate lagging behind.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)