Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors Arrival Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    DR screw up
    Has anyone even had their subs ship at all yet?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mine shipped on Saturday, although it hasn't moved yet. : /

i got mine on friday

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

Subscription Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors ARRIVED!

Just got home from work to find my subscription Mekaneck, DB Skeletor and Snakemen two pack arrived! Glad to see them since I had not received any shipping notice from Matty this month (like many). Pics will come but it's late and I've got to get up early for work. Quick thoughts:

Love Mekaneck - so classic and perfect. Yes, as PixelDan's video showed, his big triangle eye helmet thing seems like it should have been a little lower but it's ok - nothing I think I would have noticed had PD not pointed it out!!

DB Skeletor - not a fan of variants - never have been BUT I love that I do finally have a classic toy Skeletor now by swapping the original armor and head onto the DB Skeletor buck. Feels right and I'll be keeping this version on display. ALSO - the final mini comic! WOW - it's good. ARE YOU READY FOR SPOILERS? DON'T READ FURTHER if NOT!

The comic is cool -

lots of characters featured, but basically He-Man, She-Ra and crew team up with Skeletor and his evil warriors to take on Hordak and Hiss. Clamp Champ is the one who kills Man-At-Arms, and NA Skeletor makes his debut! Also, yellow skin Evil Lyn appears to be on either Hordak's or Hiss's side - fighting Skeletor.
    So much more but it is pretty cool - LOTS of eye candy!

Snakemen two pack - very cool. Love the parts and options but I won't be displaying them - wouldn't have bought them as I'm not really into army packs or generalized figures. The Rattlor sculpt is freaking cool though!

Ok, nuff for now

You missed SCB's "1st Rule" !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    No shipping notice for my subs yet.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    You missed SCB's "1st Rule" !
    ..and the "Spoiler Tag" (for those that want to be surprised with issue #3, myself excluded) I'm going to read it and then its off to be shipped.

I hope I get my shipment today, it shipped on 9/15 and it usually takes 4 days to arrive. First thing I'm going to do is check for QC issues and I hope I don't have to "take the black" (a little Game of Thrones humor Lol) Then I'm fixing Mek's helmet and see if I can add the yellow snake man head on King Hsss's snake form with a little slice and dice action.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I sub figures JUST shipped this morning so I won't see mine till at least next tuesday at the latest. Kind upset that the email said it would be renewing and shipping on this past friday and well it just shipped today so oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

My subscription Items Shipped out Yesterday Got The shipping email this morning will have them delivered by UPS on Tuesday

Snappy Threader
    Mine is in California for the second time. From Sacramento to Sparks, Nevada to Ontario Canada.......never ending road trip I guess. THis is my only complaint with Matty really...shipping just takes so long to get here.

Just arrived today. The Snake Men are looking great. The orange one does have black plastic limbs but the paint apps on mine are solid. The other one is molded in yellow, which is a great sign. The only flaw on them is the paint rub on their hands from the weapons. The paint really just peels off :/

Mekaneck is also a great figure, no paint flaws on mine. After inspection, it looks like the helmet will be more difficult to remove as I dont want to scratch the paint off. Spikor's lazy eye was way more of an annoyance than this.

DB Skeletor looks good too. The dragon still looks goofy on hand as he did in the pics, which I don't like. My Skelly chipped at the shoulder/bicep point upon the first twist. I'll add some pics to the QC black plastic issues later. Least favorite of today's shipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Well since I don't even have SLL here in Canada yet, ask me in 2 months how I like the new Snake Men, Mek, and DB Skelly. Mine haven't even shipped yet.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    cant wait for that comic
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

This is the variant I was least looking forward to due to the closed mouth of the dragon and no fire feature, unlike the added thunder punch effect with TP He-Man, but you know what? He pops in person. The colors are really nice and the Khan boots are awesome.

However, I have other plans for him. The dragon head will be a new dragon character and the armor will be lost to create a hybrid Vintage Alcala Skeletor.

The figure as is - Not bad

Now with the Alcala effect!

Draego Man's brother - Drogon

Vintage Alcala style

The Alcala head on the DB Skeletor body looks great.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Probably one of the least interesting Vintage characters for me, I was hoping he'd take forever to come out. But he came out looking great. The colors are awesome and the neck attachments make him a home run. This is what Dragon Blaster Skeletor needed, something to push his one gimmick.

The placement of the helmet doesn't bother me. It does look a little off, but not as bad as I've seen in reviews. Either I got lucky or I'm just not seeing it as much on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Just arrived today. The Snake Men are looking great. The orange one does have black plastic limbs but the paint apps on mine are solid. The other one is molded in yellow, which is a great sign. The only flaw on them is the paint rub on their hands from the weapons. The paint really just peels off :/

Mekaneck is also a great figure, no paint flaws on mine. After inspection, it looks like the helmet will be more difficult to remove as I dont want to scratch the paint off. Spikor's lazy eye was way more of an annoyance than this.

DB Skeletor looks good too. The dragon still looks goofy on hand as he did in the pics, which I don't like. My Skelly chipped at the shoulder/bicep point upon the first twist. I'll add some pics to the QC black plastic issues later. Least favorite of today's shipment.
    You mentioned that the yellow snakeman is molded in yellow plastic does this include the hands, also is mekaneck in blue molded plastic or is it painted?

I really like these, but I don't think I want more than two sets. They're great to fill out the ranks while the other three core members wait, but it's those core members that matter more to me than the army.

The cool thing is the four heads are similar in color enough for you to use them on any body, more options. Wish the weapons weren't in hand while packaged, really outstretched the grips. The weapons themselves are pretty awesome.

That Slush-Khan would look great with the blue snake man armor.

Your Pictures are awesome as usual SCB. Vintage alcala is better than I thought. Too bad about whats inside him. I'm glad you think the Dragon head "POPS" in hand. I don't think I will ever like it though. Is this real?

Dragon.jpg

Great pics, SCB - thanks for taking all of those

The Mekaneck one where he's wearing the medal on the extended neck is hilarious.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans22:3122095
    You mentioned that the yellow snakeman is molded in yellow plastic does this include the hands, also is mekaneck in blue molded plastic or is it painted?
    Yes, the yellow hands are molded in that color. Mekaneck, however, has painted limbs - his shoulders down to his hands and hip joints down to his feet (minus the ankle joint). Mine received an excellent paint job which I'll have to take care of to keep it good.
    Also the red button from Stinkor's armor does fit well on Mek's back, looks much better that way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Interesting that Skeletor's sword doesn't have black on the handle.

Those swords on Draego Man are awesome - much better than what we got.

Heroic Warrior
    I just got my stuff today.

Mek....was very excited to get him. I displayed him with the shorter neck extension. I did have to tie a rubber band around the ball to prevent the bobble head problem. His head now sits still on the extension.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor is cool. Since this is supposed to be the "amped up" Skeletor when he took over Eternia, I put the Alcala head on him. He looks ******* crazy with it. I also gave him the Faceless One's red glowing Havok Staff. Looks great battling Thunder Punch He-Man in front of Grayskull.

The Snake Men are AWESOME! I went ahead and opened my two packs of them and displayed all four in various versions. I will have to get another set to be MOC. Oh well, that's what Christmas is for!

About to read the minicomic. Sorta saddened it was bent up a bit in the package. No biggie since it won't have a value anyway.

Very nice month for MOTUC! Can't wait for FROSTA month!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Such a shame Mattel ruined this possibility for me with their ******* black plastic!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.