Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors Arrival Thread

Just got my figures!
    I'll post pictures shortly!
    All of them are awesome!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I got my figures today. They all have great paint jobs with little to no signs of black plastic!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the red on Mekaneck is the exact same as the red on Stinkor and the red plug from Stinkor fits perfectly in the back of Mekaneck's armor. Perfect size perfect color match.

I'm not as happy with DB Skeletor as I hoped I would be. I don't understand why they did not design the collar to come off the dragon's neck and it would have really made this figure if the dragon was designed to be able to stand on it's own, either by using minimal articulation or by designing him to stand and cling onto Skeletor's back in the same position.

Oh, and I absolutely love the Snake Men!!! The only thing I would have liked would have been if they had figured out a way to incorporate removable tails.

Mekanek has arrived!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raptor8x; September 22, 2012 at 12:19pm.

Another set of snakemen dropped in today

Got mine on Thursday. Still need to open them up and check 'em out.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    Got my first set today.

Still haven't received shipping confirmation for second set.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    got mine today. all are in excellent shape.
    I'm so excited that I finally have snake men warriors & the long awaited Mekaneck.
    It has felt like a long wait for both to make it into motuc & to be in my possession. Specially the snake men warriors I wanted them since I was a child & was reminded how bad I wanted them when the MYP aired. It was painful not to have them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I should be getting my figures tomorrow...probably during the reveals!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'm SO jealous of everyone already having DBS...
    The waiting (over 1 month) will kill me this time.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Got my "bonus" set of Snake Men yesterday and should get my sub figures tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a great MOTU day for me, September sub arriving and Power Con reveals....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

When you get your figures in the mail and are taking pictures, please take a moment to take shots of the scratches and paint chips, and post them in the black plastic photos thread. Scott wants us to provide as many pics as possible.
    Really enjoy seeing the pics in these arrival threads!

EDIT:
    "9/21/2012 09:27 AM Out for Delivery"
    Last edited by AdultCollector; September 21, 2012 at 04:40pm.

They are here!!!
    And all of them are awesome!!

Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    When you get your figures in the mail and are taking pictures, please take a moment to take shots of the scratches and paint chips, and post them in the black plastic photos thread. Scott wants us to provide as many pics as possible.
    Really enjoy seeing the pics in these arrival threads!

EDIT:
    "9/21/2012 09:27 AM Out for Delivery"
    Meh, I was going to, because my Snake Men and Skeletor have a few, but honestly, it doesn't matter. Mattel is not going to care either way, and at this point, I bet all of the figures for the rest of the year are using the black pieces.

I also bashed this guy...

More SM

Vintage Skelly!!!

Clashing!!

Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I received my sub figures today, and I'm happy with them. Fortunately they have very minor Blastic issues (just a couple of spots on Mech and DB), and the only QC issue I have is that the black paint from the handles of the Snake-man weapons transferred to their right hands. More a moment than a deal-breaker.

And I think I found an alternate head for the Dragon - just needs a little paint!

Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

AHHAHAHAHA! Oh Skelehorror, when will you stop making people's eyes bleed?

Anyway, I would totally be talking about what I like about DB Skeletor right now - you know, one of my old favorites that was also my only Skeletor back in the day - but I apparently have my very first (after bascially collecting the entire line so far) defective figure!

Now THAT'S makin' my eyes bleed! Eaugh! The crack on the neck also make the head SUPER wobbly; I mean he can't even hold it straight. Just flops around. So that along with the big 'ol red slashes make this my very first figure to qualify for a replacement.

...I can replace an opened figure, right? I never had to do this before, I better go check the DR threads and find out.

Yay, Mekaneck! This guy has always been a favorite, but it took the classics figure to really bring all those old memories flooding back in. I loved this guy! Such a simple and fun mechanic on the original figure, and a fantastic choice of two neck sizes for the new one! I've been a little dry for jokes recently but Mekaneck has just filled me up with a bunch; the super long neck is just friggin' hilarious. I do wish there had been something as a homage to the 200X figure, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Awesome figure!

HA! Ahhh...sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway OMG: I can't believe these guys are better than the Palace Guards. I mean that Guard pack is just fantastic with all of it's swappable parts, but there's just something about these monsterous Snake Men that really takes it one little step further. I've only got the one pack for now (second one is on it's way) but I can already tell I would have been sad to only get the one pack. I have to use all those heads, and I NEED more of those weapons like I need AIR...well okay, that's not true, but I've already come to terms with my hedonistic way of highly valuing precious, precious things. I'm capable of keeping it in check (until I try to breath some accessories, but HEY, who doesn't once in awhile?)

So yeah, AWESOME two pack. One of the best, honestly. Only downside is that the weapons are shoved in thier hands in the package, so the blue on the handles come off on thier hands, and the hands are stretched open so the weapons fall out. Not a huge thing, 'cause I can close the hands with the hot water trick, but still annoying that so much time has passed and STILL toy companies try so hard to get thier action figures to not hold things.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Alexx, you're always making me laugh!
    But I feel so sorry for your "high quality" DBS... that sucks BIG TIME
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Mine should be here Tuesday...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Alexx, you're always making me laugh!
    But I feel so sorry for your "high quality" DBS... that sucks BIG TIME
    Thanks! And eh, it ain't so bad. I mean, out of...geeze, how many figures now? There's been a ton, and this is literally the first figure I've felt the need to replace. The neck is what tears it, really. I can't have a figure with a crazy wobble head like that. Only problem is that I can't actually find any how-to's on replacements. The Matty offical customer service thingy talks about refunds, but I don't want one, I just want a replacement! I figured there would be a standard form or something 'cause everyone has been talking about replacements for years.

Who all has replaced product before? What's the best way to go about it?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Just call them and tell them you need a replacement because a figure you received is damaged.

And this is what you'll be told:

They'll arrange for UPS to pick up the defective figure first. Once it is back to their warehouse they will start the process to send you a new figure, if there are any left. If not they will refund you the price of the figure, but not the shipping cost. At least that was my experience with Swiftwind when he a problem.

I just opened up the figures, and I love them all. Mekaneck looks really great for what he is, and I'm so happy to have him finally since he is one of the core characters of the line. The Snake-Men are indeed the coolest army figures I can think of. Reptilians just makes this line a Fantasy Galore.
    As for the DB Skeletor, he's definitely the best looking variant thus far, plain awesome.

None of these figures have had any noticeable major flaws thank goodness (no paint splashes or black paint showing), however the color wash on my DB Skeletor's face looks a bit funny, most of his face is greenish, yet his jaw is too yellowish!
    I hope the DOS order will be also totally free from any defects and flaws, especially knowing how awesome this batch of figures is.

Alexx, man that was hilarious. Thanks for the giggles.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.