Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors Arrival Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Anyway, now that I have had my picture fun, here are my quick thoughts on each one:

Mekaneck - I was not excited for him at all, I hate how the goggles are all one color, but in hand, I like him. The colors really seem to go well, the silver boots are pretty neat. I still do not care for the goggles being one color, and they are up too high, but for the most part, he is a solid figure. The neck extension thing is near to see in person.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor - I hate him I hate him I HATE HIM!!! They gave him an amazing body but ruined it by painting his skin instead of molding his skin to match the other Skeletor bodies. This body could have been used as the ultimate Skeletor, but instead, he is a piece of junk. The dragon itself is okay, but I don't like how he is completely attached to Skeletor. Sure, you could take the chains off by breaking them, but I do not want to do that.

Snake-Men - Outside of the amount of black spots on these guys, I love them. They look awesome. In fact, I wish I had more than 4 because of how awesome they are, but really, more than that is a waste of money as I have learned with the Palace Guards. Still, they look good on myself next to Khan and Hiss.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I just got the figures in the mail this morning and I must say that it's the best group of figures that I've gotten at one time. Especially mekaneck, that figure is damn near perfect.
    bnl4life

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Thanks! And eh, it ain't so bad. I mean, out of...geeze, how many figures now? There's been a ton, and this is literally the first figure I've felt the need to replace. The neck is what tears it, really. I can't have a figure with a crazy wobble head like that. Only problem is that I can't actually find any how-to's on replacements. The Matty offical customer service thingy talks about refunds, but I don't want one, I just want a replacement! I figured there would be a standard form or something 'cause everyone has been talking about replacements for years.

Who all has replaced product before? What's the best way to go about it?
    Things may have changed but I had a similar with my Prince Adam, MC just wanted a photo, they let me keep the defective one and put a replacement in the post within 48hours of my first e-mail (use the "other" query option if you e-mail them, seems to get through to a better dept)

Great pics as ever!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got my sub today!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I received my subscription Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, and Snake Men yesterday.

Mekaneck – Given that I already knew he’d be plastered in blue paint, he looks as good as I could have hoped considering that fact. He doesn’t have any paint scratches…yet. His joints are super tight.

I knew the limbs would be plastered in blue paint but I wasn’t expecting his chest armor to be plastered in red paint and his club to be plastered in yellow paint. The only parts of this figure that are cast in the correct color plastic are the torso which is mostly covered by his chest armor and his shoulder and hip hinges and elbow and knee pegs which are barely visible. So basically EVERY aspect of this figure that is visible is covered in paint. He looks more like a customized figure than an official figure made by a toy manufacturer.

While I’m somewhat disappointed about the blue paint, I can at least take joy in the fact that both of his ankles are tight, which is more than I can say about 1/3 of all my MOTUC figures. He is an essential part of my MOTUC collection and after Rattlor, Ram Man, and Jitsu are released, only 2 more figures, Mantenna and Two Bad, remain on my essentials list. I’m glad to have this guy and finally getting him makes me feel more at ease about phasing out of collecting MOTUC.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor – He has really tight joints……..but he looks like crap IMO. After seeing this guy in person, I’m just not impressed. The dragon looks cheap and it doesn’t snap on that well. On mine, the back of his armor is molded slightly off. It actually looks warped.

Oh well. This guy serves only one purpose, to give his forearms and boots to a standard Skeletor buck. The blue paint on the forearms is slightly lighter than the standard Skeletor blue but not enough to bother me. I really like having the vintage toy style arms and legs on my MOTUC Skeletor. I wish the blue matched perfectly, but I still prefer him this way over the card art Skeletor.

Snake Men – I tried to force myself to like these guys but I just can’t. I didn’t even open them. They look cool but I just don’t have any nostalgic connection to these guys. With the high cost, QC issues, and sheer amount of space that MOTUC takes up, I'm only trying to keep vintage MOTU with only a hint of other eras. I’ll be trying to sell these guys off eventually.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Did anyone else have reversed thighs on their yellow snake man? The lumps should've been an easy tell on how to assemble them but I guess not. Also, how many returns are US fans allowed before they get denied?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Snake Men – I tried to force myself to like these guys but I just can’t. I didn’t even open them. They look cool but I just don’t have any nostalgic connection to these guys. With the high cost, QC issues, and sheer amount of space that MOTUC takes up, I'm only trying to keep vintage MOTU with only a hint of other eras. I’ll be trying to sell these guys off eventually.
    Since when is nostalgia required to enjoy a toy?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps03299171.jpg
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps99c62e6f.jpg

After 6 days with Mekaneck, I just had to fix that helmet on mine. Man, it sure was a pain in my...hands. Lol I added a bit of metallic green to make his goggles stand out more, 200x style. Now his helmet sits lower down on his face.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Mine arrived, and they are all pretty good, but I will have a small contibution to the black plastic/scraped paint thread once I find time to snap and upload some pics. Mattel should have worked out there road map to include figures with similar or same colored parts to share a mold, rather than using black plastic. Or at least let one of the two figures get molded right, and maybe the other one gets the paint. It's pretty crappy that a $20 (soon to be $25.00 for me) figure has to stay perfectly still unless I want to risk paint rubbing, just simply from re-posing them. This is insulting.

I agree with Faker about DB Skele, there is something just plain boring about him. The dragons head has bothered me from the beginning, so I'm sure that doesn't help my over-all feelings for the figure.

As big a company as Mattel is, and as experienced as the employees should be over there, you'd think that not painting weapon handles should be a no brainer if you're not going to use a paint that stays put. This really peaves me. Not a single hand held weapon for the snake-men (probably others too) without large amounts of paint rub on the handle just from spinning them in the figures hands. I truely worry about the shameful quality of the future figures in this line. Mattel just keeps making it easier for me to re-consider collecting this line. So glad I didn't sub right now. And it's Mattel's own fault for treating the line like they do and for treating it's fans as third class citizens, "They'll buy radio-active figures if we put them out, so why bother trying to do anything of quality? Cut, cut, cut the costs of production."

Oh and while I'm here, isn't it true that they are doing the pre-order for Greyskull this fall? If so, then WHY!?!?! In THE most expensive couple of months for this line ever, and during a generally pricey holiday season, why put out a pre-order for the most expensive item in the line ever? And when it doesn't do so great, or God forbid it fails, whose fault will that be? The people who couldn't afford it, or the people with their heads in the sand? If they leave the pre-order up indefinately, then it should be okay, but if they try to pressure people into pre-ordering in a certain small time frame, then they'll be shooting this project in the foot. just leave it open and keep us posted on how the limit for pre-orders are doing, so that those who intend to do so, can do it in a timely fashion to get the project green-lit.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post

After 6 days with Mekaneck, I just had to fix that helmet on mine. Man, it sure was a pain in my...hands. Lol I added a bit of metallic green to make his goggles stand out more, 200x style. Now his helmet sits lower down on his face.
    That's exactly what I had planned! Only I think I'll go with a darker non-metallic green and a varnish over that. Yours look great though! Makes a lot of difference with that paintjob.
    How did you fix the helmet? Isn't it glued on?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Oh and while I'm here, isn't it true that they are doing the pre-order for Greyskull this fall? If so, then WHY!?!?! In THE most expensive couple of months for this line ever, and during a generally pricey holiday season, why put out a pre-order for the most expensive item in the line ever?
    I'm not sure you know this - Pre-order does not take money from your account, so you don't pay for it up front. So it doesn't really matter what month this happens in, you have almost a whole year before you pay for it when it ships
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

online with my office computer in Liverpool

Did you take his helmet completly off? if so any pics of what it looks like without?
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Mine should be waiting for me when I get home today. Very excited to see them in hand.

Thanks for posting pictures of your fix. I believe you are the first person to do so. Thanks for your sacrifice and pain!

Great fix. Will be doing exactly the same.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I'm not sure you know this - Pre-order does not take money from your account, so you don't pay for it up front. So it doesn't really matter what month this happens in, you have almost a whole year before you pay for it when it ships
    Oh I see. I was going by what I know of video game pre-orders where you pay a certain amount up front, and then either pay upon pick up, or pay it off before-hand. It'll be great if they don't charge upfront, but it would be nice if we could pay for it little by little before it ships, because that would be much easier for some people, myself included. Now that I think about it, the VG version is called a reserve, so maybe the name shows the difference, not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    That's exactly what I had planned! Only I think I'll go with a darker non-metallic green and a varnish over that. Yours look great though! Makes a lot of difference with that paintjob.
    How did you fix the helmet? Isn't it glued on?

Dnt they hold the money though?

It's a $200 pre-authorization that falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's a $200 pre-authorization that falls off.
    The real question is what if we have to change credit card info between when it is preauthorized and the year after it actually ships? We know Matty's track record.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Well it's meant to ship a year after you place your order.

My subscription Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, and Snake Men just arrived
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Well BAM, I sent an email to Digital River CS and included a pic of the damage to DB Skelly, and I've already got a confirmation for a replacement order! Good on ya DR! Didn't even ask for the damaged one back sooo...extra parts, I guess. Maybe I'll cut the armor up a bit to get rid of the peg in the back and pull the chain out so I can just have two armors; one with the normal setup, and one without the dragon, peg, or chain.

EDIT: Scratch that; they sent me a return label for the damaged one. Ah well! The replacement is the important part, and I'm more than happy for that.
    Last edited by Alexx; September 24, 2012 at 02:26pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Got my lot over the weekend, fantastic set of figures! Not big on Snake Men but they look good.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well it's meant to ship a year after you place your order.
    Well, yeah, and what if I my credit card info changes between when I order it and when it ships? That means you have to change your credit card info. with Matty and that, for most, has never been easy.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Your Mekaneck looks really GOOD! Would you mind telling us how you did it? I cant go through a whole night without correcting little issues with my figs like this! LOL
    If it's not too much trouble! Thank you!!

check out m'art:

http://ayotaartwork.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Last edited by Ayota; September 24, 2012 at 02:51pm.

I decided a while before I got them that I was going to do a dry brush on the Snake-men to make them each unique, despite the shared parts. I used metallic acrylics (by Folkart). The Ernie's got 2 coats, the Bert's only needed one to bring out the sculpt.

The colors I used, from left to right, are Pearl White, Inca Gold, Antique Copper, and Peridot Green. I really liked the way they came out.

Now I have to divvy out armor and weapons.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!