Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mekaneck, DB Skeletor & Snake Warriors Arrival Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's a $200 pre-authorization that falls off.
    I can't afford to do a pre-authorization for that price. I usually don't have the funds for a month's subs in my bank account until the 8th or 9th at the earliest. My bank account is lucky if i have $100 in there for the majority of the time.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Thanks everyone!

Here's a pic of him without the helmet
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3d03bd63.jpg

I did the old hair dryer trick. took me about 20-30 min. It was a pain, I had to keep reheating the plastic for about 1 min. every few minutes. He's glued on tight from the back so I had to exacto knife that part of it very carefully. Using a flathead screwdriver I kept trying to pry him off little by little from both sides of his helmet. For me, this helmet was much harder to remove than the palace guard one because of the triangle shape of it so the top I had to cut away while keeping the screwdriver in place leaving me an opening. After removing the head, I scalped him until the helmet was secured in place and glued it back on.

He's one of my favorite characters and I had to fix him to my liking.
    Last edited by Count Judas; September 24, 2012 at 04:30pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Thanks everyone!

Here's a pic of him without the helmet
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3d03bd63.jpg

I did the old hair dryer trick. took me about 20-30 min. It was a pain, I had to keep reheating the plastic for about 1 min. every few minutes. He's glued on tight from the back so I had to exacto knife that part of it very carefully. Using a flathead screwdriver I kept trying to pry him off little by little from both sides of his helmet. For me, this helmet was much harder to remove than the palace guard one because of the triangle shape of it so the top I had to cut away while keeping the screwdriver in place leaving me an opening. After removing the head, I scalped him until the helmet was secured in place and glued it back on.

He's one of my favorite characters and I had to fix him to my liking.
    Thanks for the info, and the pic. Mine is out for delivery, should have it any time. I hope I don't have to fix him--I didn't think it would be that hard, so I'm glad I didn't try and attempt it without your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Thanks for the info, and the pic. Mine is out for delivery, should have it any time. I hope I don't have to fix him--I didn't think it would be that hard, so I'm glad I didn't try and attempt it without your info.
    With enough heat, the head becomes really flexible. My only concern (besides burning my fingers Lol) was scrapping the paint from his face or helmet. I managed to do it without any mishaps, this is only the 3rd time I remove a helmet and patience does help with this one.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

With enough heat, the head becomes really flexible. My only concern (besides burning my fingers Lol) was scrapping the paint from his face or helmet. I managed to do it without any mishaps, this is only the 3rd time I remove a helmet and patience does help with this one.

Damn. And I thought fixing Stinkor was a pain in the ass.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Well, yeah, and what if I my credit card info changes between when I order it and when it ships? That means you have to change your credit card info. with Matty and that, for most, has never been easy.
    A lot can happen in a year, including a better system in DR to change things. Plus you have a heads up in getting any updated info resolved.
    Last edited by SCB; September 24, 2012 at 05:33pm.

Are the snake neck pieces removeable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I can't afford to do a pre-authorization for that price. I usually don't have the funds for a month's subs in my bank account until the 8th or 9th at the earliest. My bank account is lucky if i have $100 in there for the majority of the time.
    Well that's a wrinkle I wasn't aware of. There's almost no way I'll have that much when pre-orders go up, nor upon shipping unless I set some aside, which can be hard to do when life happens. I smell debacle in the very near future.

Since when is nostalgia required to enjoy a toy?
    It's not required at all. You can collect for whatever reasons you like. And I can collect for whatever reasons I like. With a line that costs approximately $30 with shipping for each figure, is plagued with QC issues, and takes up a lot of space, I'm sticking with nostalgia. All the money which might be spent on other MOTUC characters I'd rather spend on other toy lines.
    Last edited by FAKER II; September 24, 2012 at 06:29pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I got Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, and the Snake Men

Here is my animated review of Mekaneck

Last edited by Buzzchuck; October 3, 2012 at 05:29pm.
    Support the 2014 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

My figures just arrived…

Snake Men Warriors:
    Very cool…the color of the two is quite similar BUT they're great!
    All the color apps seem spot on and all their joints are nice and tight.
    The weapons are really cool!

Mekaneck:
    FINALLY we get Mekaneck!! I like the solution with the neck pieces.
    I always hated that his action feature kinda limited his posing with the neck extended. Now that's not an issue!
    All his color apps seem great and all his joints are tight.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor:
    This was my favorite Skeletor variant as a kid…
    His paint apps are MOSTLY good. I have one spot on a tricep where the bicep rubbed and exposed the black plastic.
    In person, the dragon isn't as hoaky as he looks online. The teeth just look really gnarly to me.
    I like the reptile shins and forearms on him!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps03299171.jpg
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps99c62e6f.jpg

After 6 days with Mekaneck, I just had to fix that helmet on mine. Man, it sure was a pain in my...hands. Lol I added a bit of metallic green to make his goggles stand out more, 200x style. Now his helmet sits lower down on his face.
    Looks like the ultimate Mekaneck now. Great job! Why couldn't have mattel made him look THIS good?

Very cool review Buzzchuck!! Love the animation. MOTUC must be a pretty decent toy to do stop motion with. Other than loose joints making it difficult I guess. : /

Got my order. Mekaneck is perfect, no flaws that I can see. The helmet on mine is acceptable. I savored opening this one up...it's the last standard-size fig from my childhood collection, and that I need for this one. Ram Man is left, but it won't be the same. This figure has been a VERY long time in coming, I almost can't believe he's standing on my shelf right now.

The Snake Men...ahh, where to begin? Another super-cool, fun item. I wouldn't mind another pack, but different colours would be nice.
    They don't have as much variability as the guards, and come with less...but what they come with is so cool.
    Here is my snake army, for the time being. God only know how I'll try to mix/match them later.

I removed Demo-Man from his packaging to pilfer his other accessories. Do not care for the figure, but it comes with good stuff! I'll likely sell the buck.

btw these were a serious pain to remove from the box.
    The yellow snakes definitely have Kobra Khan's weird elbows, and one of them has his crappy ankles as well. Plus the black plastic showing through the chest. As he's just cannon fodder, I can live with it, but don't want to see loose ankles anymore. Or Black Plastic. So glad I didn't order DB Skeletor, based many of the pics he looks as junky as Vykron.

Got my loot today, yay!

Mekneck is chocked full o' awesome. Some childhood love kindled receiving him, it was a nice feeling. I really like his metallic painted accents. His helmet doesn't phase me because it catches the light just right so a shadow is under his lenses.

DB Skeletor...I expected to like more. I love his shins, forearms, and armor but he is just not coming together for me on the whole. He is getting donated to the cousins and they will love him.

Snake Men army builder! These guys are groovy, not as much as Mekaneck but it is what it is
    Yellow snake man had a little blue weapon paint stick to his hand but no biggie. A minor point of concern is that neither of his hands grips the weapons very well. He does look good with King Hsssss's stuff though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor arrived today--he's always been my favorite version of Skeletor, so I made a point of picking him up. Minor paint wear on the shoulders--the 'you have to be looking for it to see it' level, though--and the posing of his right arm left that shoulder stiff and hard to move until I wrestled with it for a while and figured out how to get it into position. No major complaints, but I bought it for the emotional value. And of course, I'm one of those Evil Cherry Pickers who probably won't even order Castle Grayskull. (The only one I really want out of the line now before it ends is Eldor.)

I also fixed my Mekaneck today, removed the helmet, scalped him and re applied the helmet. Then of course (for me) had to paint his googles. Funny how a small change in the helmet placement can make me like him so much more than i did out of the package.

Last edited by Keldor5579; September 25, 2012 at 01:58am.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I was hoping someone would do this to Mekaneck! Looks brilliant mate, great job!

Since when is nostalgia required to enjoy a toy?
    I almost always have to have Nostalgia attached to make it justified to buy toys, otherwise, it's just a toy that I may think looks cool, but not enough to justify spending the money I could use on something else I may want or need, like my other hobby, making music. Non nostalgic toys have to depend on if it's a movie or cartoon I really like....I just bought 3 Iron Man figures, only because I love the way the suits were designed in the movies, and the second movie is cool....but on the same token, I love the Pirates movies, but I saw no need for a Captain Jack Sparrow staring at me from the shelf.

And as far as just buying toys to buy them with no attachment whatsoever....will never happen....

Nostalgia is not a necessity for others, but it almost always is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I'm not sure you know this - Pre-order does not take money from your account, so you don't pay for it up front. So it doesn't really matter what month this happens in, you have almost a whole year before you pay for it when it ships
    Not all Pre-Orders work that way.

BBTS does, HTS doesn't, you pay as soon as you order, and a lot of games and other things you can PO, but you have to pay either up front, or pay a percentage....just because you hear Pre-Order, doesn't always make it pay when ships.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Great job! That looks awesome
    Will have to fix mine too and maybe paint the googles in metallic silver

Is there a way to read the comics?
    For us MOC collectors?

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    Just got back from Power-Con a little bit ago, and my day of sale stuff arrived while I was away. I was hoping to get these up before I left.

Mekaneck is so great! Loved him as kid, love him even more in Classics! "That's SDBA!"

Just awesome!

Hope y'all like them!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Is there a way to read the comics?
    For us MOC collectors?
    I was wondering about that? Since Thunder Punch He-Man, Snake Man-At-Arms and Dragon Blaster Skeletor are now sold out, can we post mini-comic images or pages?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    Then of course (for me) had to paint his googles. Funny how a small change in the helmet placement can make me like him so much more than i did out of the package.
    I typically favor the vintage figures so I would have preferred the chrome goggles. That said, considering they left it entirely silver, I would have preferred the 200X green goggles.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I was wondering about that? Since Thunder Punch He-Man, Snake Man-At-Arms and Dragon Blaster Skeletor are now sold out, can we post mini-comic images or pages?
    I have absolutely no authority over anything MOTU but I say YES!

Mostly because I am a MOC collector and want to read them!
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid