Thread: Any interest in seeing my custom metal MOTU miniatures?

Hybrid View

Heroic Podcaster

Any interest in seeing my custom metal MOTU miniatures?

Hey gang! My other interest besides MOTU is a game called Blood Bowl - a table top game that is basically monster football. I can totally see them playing it on Eternia! Anyway, the game is played with metal miniatures and I sometimes paint my own teams so I thought it would be awesome to have a MOTU team! I even remembered they made metal MOTU miniatures back in the 80s! Perfect!

Well, not so perfect when the rarity and expense of those sets brought REALITY into this picture. So I decided I would customize metal (with some plastic additions) miniatures for each and every MOTU character, beginning with the vintage toyline. My criteria is this -

1. I have to like the miniature.
    2. It has to share at least two main features with a MOTU character, or be made to with minimal modifications. This is because not only am I lazy but the more changes you make to a figiure, the more potential you have for complete failure. Keep it simple stupid! (Stupid would be me in this case!)

And that's it! I have not painted/finished any bases yet (I'm thinking of unifying the team by making every base pale green Greyskull colors, with rubble around their feet, maybe some skulls) but so far I have finished figures for

Beast Man (my first - the mini was so perfect for him it inspired me to try the rest - and I bought a second to make Moss Man out of!)
    Evil Lyn (yellow/blue and I bought a second to make the 200X colors)
    Skeletor
    Trap Jaw (though still working on his jaw)
    Extendar
    Spikor
    Man-At-Arms
    Kobra Khan

and have these others in various stages of completion

Two Bad (90% done, not happy with his orange armor yet)
    Fisto (90% done, just need to add washes to his purple and metal areas)
    Whiplash (20% done, only been green washed so far)
    Rio Blast (figure only - two gun cowboy!, modded and primed)
    Mer-Man (big fish creature only, primed)
    Stratos (chose a birdman for him, lost the flying ape essence but want to see the colors on him, figure primed only)
    Moss Man (figure chosen, same as Beast Man, but uncleaned and unprimed)
    Tri-Klops (figure primed)

and I did make Roboto out of a large Priavateer Press WarMech - he is twice as big as the others for you 200X fans out there! He';s done, just need to finish his base.

Is there any interest in seeing these? I'm terrible at photos but will try if anyone is curious. Some of these are definitely different takes on these characters but I am limited by the models available. Though, I have begun to appreciate that because it has forced me to see them in a new light.

Let me know and I'll either post pics or let this thread die. Also, if you have any suggestions for miniatures to use, I'm all ears! Or if you have any of the MOTU metal minis from the 80s for sale, let me know!
    Last edited by SunDevil; September 18, 2012 at 11:58am.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Dude. Do you even have to ask? OF COURSE we want to see them!!!

Post them up! I can't wait to see! Especially Fisto!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Sounds really cool. I would like to see them.

Yes please!
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Heroic Podcaster
    Cool, I just didn't want to waste anyone's time! Because I am a complete technology idiot, my wife is taking the time to show me how to post pictures online this weekend! Be patient! I think I'll just post everything and then use that as motivation to get more of them done! I'm hoping to finish Fisto tonight and start on Mer-Man and Stratos!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Forum seriously needs a Thumbs Up, Like or +1 kind of button for posts like this!
    Check out my design work & my out-of-print bookstore (on Amazon)!

Site & Work: About Me || My Portfolio
    Blog: Scrapplebox
    Social: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | IMDB | GetGlue | LinkedIn
    - - - - - - -
    Book Store: http://booksofmine.arlof.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app