Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any interest in seeing my custom metal MOTU miniatures?

Heroic Podcaster
    Attachment 79522

I did find some cool hooded skull miniatures but they all had giant swords or something. Giant swords have ben the bane of this project - too much modding messes up the hands. And the one guy I WANT to have a giant sword? Can't find one I like!

This guy (like Extendar above) is meant to be used as a Wight for Fantasy Football but I do not remember the company. I did buy it from Impact Miniatures.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Heroic Podcaster
    Attachment 79523

I am very proud of this one - though not necessarily the photo. It is a Barrow Wight from Reaper miniatures, made of metal, except for the arms. The mini came with the arms separated so you could pose them a bit before gluing. They had giant weapons, so I scrapped those and replaced them with Skeleton Warrior arms (plastic) from Games Workshop. I cut an old necklace chain and added it for the reliquary chain. The reliquary is actually part of the arm, it was once a mace handle.

Sadly, he does not glow in the dark.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Heroic Podcaster
    Attachment 79524

This one is a bit of a reach from the source character but I really liked the mini so I went with it. I need to fix the cord connecting his left hand to his backpack. I actually haven't painted it yet. He is a Reaper miniature.

Heroic Podcaster
    Attachment 79525

Just finished him and I love that I finally made one with the bare legs! He was a different 2nd Human Lineman from Blood Bowl (notice how he shares a body with Kobra Khan above!) that I replaces the head of with a plastic Games Workshop head (the original mini had a human head, not a snake) and replaced the right hand with a plastic Privateer Press Warjack hand from Warmachine.

I am considering buying more of this miniature to use as a base for more MOTU guys so I can have more of the loincloth and bare leg look. Do you guys think thats a good idea or should I keep making them more unique?

It might be awhile before I post more but I have MerMan, Stratos, and Rio Blast on my work table in various stages of completeness. Also, I have two robots that were originally going to be Horde Troopers but I might change one into Blast-Attak. And I have a miniature in mind to mod into Hordak!

Thanks for looking!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    they're really nice: very creative.

ram man and extendar are my favourite ones, and the samurai look of sy-klone works just fine!

Heroic Podcaster
    Thanks Charlie! I found that some of these pictures are terrible and the ones that are actually in focus show all the paintng flaws I missed! Back to the work table for touch-ups!

I hope to have Mer-Man, Stratos, Rio Blast, Horde Trooper and either Dragstor or Blast-Attack up soon!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i'm curious to see them.

could you take group shots, also?

If your using a regular digital camera try turning on the macro. It works for me when I have to take pictures of reports or pages.
    Read my comics at Nakedmancomics.com

Very cool and creative stuff

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Merman View Post
    If your using a regular digital camera try turning on the macro. It works for me when I have to take pictures of reports or pages.
    Turn on the macro......I will try that, thanks!

And I will attempt a group shot as well. That will give the project a much better sense of scale for you guys!

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Awesome! LOVE the Fisto!!!

Great work!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Man, these are so COOL! Super-creative!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Evil customizing warrior Darththomas81's Avatar
    I'm loving these too, I loved bb back in the day and I would have played the heck out of this awesome motu team, I guess you could have the heroes playing human and the evil warriors as Orcs, look forward to more!!
    DT81's Tinkering thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nkering-thread

Check out all my customs over at figure realm
    http://www.figurerealm.com/viewuserp...id=4835&page=2

Heroic Podcaster
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! I hope to make some progress on some more this weekend - and take better pictures!

Darththomas - You ever play BB on FUMBBL.com? Free BB for coaches all over the world and you and I could even get a game from time to time! Also, check out my podcast (in my sig).

Evil customizing warrior Darththomas81's Avatar
    I didn't but I did check it out after seeing this, I had no idea it even existed. I do have blood bowl on the xbox but i never really liked it. For me nothing beats seeing the full board covered in well painted miniatures. Something about digital games I just can't get my head round
    DT81's Tinkering thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nkering-thread

Check out all my customs over at figure realm
    http://www.figurerealm.com/viewuserp...id=4835&page=2

Forum seriously needs a Thumbs Up, Like or +1 kind of button for posts like this!
    Check out my design work & my out-of-print bookstore (on Amazon)!

Site & Work: About Me || My Portfolio
    Blog: Scrapplebox
    Social: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | IMDB | GetGlue | LinkedIn
    - - - - - - -
    Book Store: http://booksofmine.arlof.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app