Thread: Mara and Crita

Mara and Crita

Aside from Mara's prototype figure, does anyone know if either she or Crita made appearances in other media?

Or Master Sebrian, for that matter (he is mentioned in Butthead's bio, I believe).

The mini comics differed from the cartoon enormously, much like the She-Ra series, but while Shadow Weaver, Madame Razz and Scorpia received some non-cartoon attention, I'm unsure as to whether NA's toon heavyweights did.

Any help appreciated
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Not to my knowledge. At least not anything I remember from the past or have seen since. Now I do not claim to have exhaustive knowledge of NA items, especially things released overseas.

That is a big reason I hope Crita gets made in MOTUC.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Not to my knowledge either. Obviously this was because they were Jetlag characters and not Mattel characters. I'm still really surprised to this day that Sebrian made it into Butthead's bio, let alone Mara, Galactimytes and Gleanons had figures in development at the end of the line.
    But saying that I don't think any of the second wave of Mattel characters featured in any other media besides the cartoon. I think think was because all media and products (except that cartoon) was based on a Mattel Style Guide that only included the first wave of characters. This is also why most of the media and products for NA (the UK/German comics and annual for example) depict the prototype versions of the characters as the Style Guide used sketches of the prototype versions. I'd love to see that full Style Guide one day.

First wave of characters:
    Darius
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Hydron
    Nocturna
    Flogg
    Slushhead
    Optikk
    Hoove
    Lizzor
    Karatti

Second wave of characters:
    Sagitar
    Tuskador
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Staghorn
    Quake
    Butthead
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Thanks guys. It was a nice surprise to see Clawber in the Art Book from 2009. Seriously hope they get to him.

The only other thing that occurred to me about Crita and Mara are their inclusions on the BCI Eclipse DVD faces (although it was connected to the Jetlag toons, I think this might be Crita's only published non-animated appearance).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Master of New Adventures!
    As I've said in other posts, Crita was my own creation and I love her dearly. That said, all of my work for Jetlag and Mattel was on a work-for-hire basis, so they own everything I did...and I was well-compensated for creating the series bible and thirty-seven episode. Mattel execs were incredibly respectful in their dealings with me and gave me latitude and encouragement to create some recurring characters and one-shot characters. Even if it wasn't a work-for-hire deal, I had such a long history with working on numerous projects with Mattel, they were so generous in their fees and they were such a pleasure to work with that, as far as I was concerned, they could do whatever they wanted with the characters I created with no further remuneration.

Crita was one of my favorite characters from NA, giving Skelly a powerful, confident female character that was equal to him. It is my enduring hope that she becomes a MOTUC fig and in the hands of the towering talents of the 4H, I know she will be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Not to my knowledge either. Obviously this was because they were Jetlag characters and not Mattel characters. I'm still really surprised to this day that Sebrian made it into Butthead's bio, let alone Mara, Galactimytes and Gleanons had figures in development at the end of the line.
    But saying that I don't think any of the second wave of Mattel characters featured in any other media besides the cartoon. I think think was because all media and products (except that cartoon) was based on a Mattel Style Guide that only included the first wave of characters. This is also why most of the media and products for NA (the UK/German comics and annual for example) depict the prototype versions of the characters as the Style Guide used sketches of the prototype versions. I'd love to see that full Style Guide one day.

First wave of characters:
    Darius
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Hydron
    Nocturna
    Flogg
    Slushhead
    Optikk
    Hoove
    Lizzor
    Karatti

Second wave of characters:
    Sagitar
    Tuskador
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Staghorn
    Quake
    Butthead

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As I've said in other posts, Crita was my own creation and I love her dearly. That said, all of my work for Jetlag and Mattel was on a work-for-hire basis, so they own everything I did...and I was well-compensated for creating the series bible and thirty-seven episode. Mattel execs were incredibly respectful in their dealings with me and gave me latitude and encouragement to create some recurring characters and one-shot characters. Even if it wasn't a work-for-hire deal, I had such a long history with working on numerous projects with Mattel, they were so generous in their fees and they were such a pleasure to work with that, as far as I was concerned, they could do whatever they wanted with the characters I created with no further remuneration.

Crita was one of my favorite characters from NA, giving Skelly a powerful, confident female character that was equal to him. It is my enduring hope that she becomes a MOTUC fig and in the hands of the towering talents of the 4H, I know she will be amazing.
    I will be incredibly surprised if she doesn't get a figure. As the only female Space Mutant, she's a necessity!

OTOH, I also tend to think that a character of Meliac's design needs to be made for MOTUC, regardless of his era or faction (even though he was an interesting character in several episodes), so...maybe my judgment isn't the same as Mattel's, lol. The things I think are MUSTS are probably only musts for me, haha. Still...Come on, Mattel...Crita!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!