Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince Adam, and 4 non blondes

Prince Adam, and 4 non blondes

Well, I have no doubt this will end up shifted to another sub forum, but this is a great, and well made music vid Dance! Apprently, there are more coming. Please try to note total the bandwidth

Trust me, you will enjoy it
    Tarzan Rubberband, Tarzan Rubberband, Tarzan rubberbaaaand

That was excellent.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Wow...so many moments, so much laughter, all those tears. I'm never deleting this from my hard drive.
    go go dissertation!

Heroic Warrior Accident of Earth's Avatar
    Yes, this probably belongs in the Classic Forum (since it features Filmation footage).

As for the video itself... this ranks right up there with the hilarious "Masters of the Universe" MP3 from a couple years back (the artists' names are eluding me at the moment)... the one with the "King Randor, come in, you royal boob" remark.

I'll never look at Prince Adam the same way again.

- AoE

Evil Master of Warcraft
    THAT was pretty good. Very funny.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

where am i ?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by HORDE TROOPER
    where am i ?
    Australia I would guess?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Accident of Earth
    As for the video itself... this ranks right up there with the hilarious "Masters of the Universe" MP3 from a couple years back (the artists' names are eluding me at the moment)... the one with the "King Randor, come in, you royal boob" remark.

- AoE

Where can I find this?

Question about Teela

I know that Teela appeared once in the cartoon with blonde hair and a pink outfit. My question is: how do you, the NA fans, feel about that? Do you like the fact that her appearance changed or feel it was a mistake?

I only ask because most non-NA fans seem to dislike that version of Teela greatly, yet I find myself working on a drawing of her looking that way. Will anyone be able to appreciate what I'm doing or is it a lost cause?

Thanks to any who reply.

-Northy-

I liked it I mean He-man and Skeletor cChanged when they came to the future why not Teela to?

By The Power Of The Good Bigdaddy51200's Avatar
    I look at NA He-man as a whole new series (which it was ) with nothing to do with the classic . All the characters changed in the series from the classic , he-man , skeletor , teela and the sorceress . So I didn't mind at all .

Bigdaddy51200

I thought it totally sucked!
    Who were the main viewers of that show? MOTU fans I would assume. To have no bearing on the old show was a bad move IMO.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy
    I thought it totally sucked!
    Who were the main viewers of that show? MOTU fans I would assume. To have no bearing on the old show was a bad move IMO.
    Thats just wrong, I mean what good is a show that can't move on? I mean look the new cartoon went back to its roots and it failed. I think NA would have done better now than the new one did.

Well, NA was more of a failure than the new toon so that argument doesn't hold. What would happen if they decided to make Lois Lane a blonde in a new superman cartoon? There'd be war!
    I agree that the New Adventures needed to stand alone in some respects but they kept keeped absolutely nothing that made He-man big in the first place. I was so annoyed when there was no change from the harness wearing He-man to the blue spandex He-man.
    I guarantee you that had the viewers seen more familiar designs the show would have lasted. Ya can't just disregard something that has been so istablished for best part of 10 years and expect folks to accept it. Teela just looked like every other animated japanese female warrior of the time.
    www.eamonart.com

It was a failure to you but not to me. The entire series had a beginning and an end. the toys line lasted 3 years and very few variants, something the new line cannot say.
    Companies start over all the time, ex: spiderman wow Gwen Stacey just thrown away even though in the mythos she was there the first time, hell they even kept the bridge sceen!!!! But yet the movie was awesome.
    People cannot look at NA as it own they always compare it to the classic.
    Prince adam and He-man were mirror images of each other same as NA right, so why is it wrong for NA?? classic line had very little continuity, NA had plenty. I am not bashing He-man I loved it but to me Na he-man was completly different and succeded in many place that the classic line didn't.

Thanks for the opinions and reasons behind them so far, everyone.

I pretty much agree that NA was a different series and it's fine that the characters had different looks (even though I have yet to watch an episode). As someone who witnessed the changes from pre-Filmation to post-Filmation though I'm used to having multiple versions of MOTU "canon", and don't mind there being different ideas expressed. To me, putting Teela into a pink outfit is no worse than putting He-Man into one like Filmation did!

PS: I didn't want to start an argument, but friendly debate is good.

-Northy-

Aye, no arguments here, just having a good rant.
    I was watching The Batman last night for the first time and there's a show that has changed things quite a bit from what we have seen. So I can see heman4myson's points. But over all it felt like Batman. I don't know how successful the Batman as a show is, don't care. It was batman.
    I've seen every NA epsiode and I gave it every beneifit of the doubt, it still annoyed the hell out of me. When you have a big show like MOTU as a predessesor with all it's massive characters and distingtive style NA never stood a chance IMO. He-man did not look like He-man in NA. He looked puny by comparason. Teela's uninspired costume in NA just solidified my opinion that thsi was no great reinvigeration of an 80's icon.

Oh imagine If MYP did NA? now that would work.
    www.eamonart.com

Yeah I can see what you are saying I do belive NA came out to early. I think it would have done better now than then. Classic MOTU are some big shoes but I think everyone wanted them to fit perfect and they couldn't.
    I think he-man adapted to the way everyone looked, look in the classic line everyone was massive and in NA they were smaller more lean.

And I enjoy this kind of talk at least we are both open minded.

Totally!
    And he-man really should've wore his proper space armour don't ya think?. He only used the shield once!
    www.eamonart.com

Ok I will give you the armor. But I mean its not like he was going against the smartest of guys either though. How many times did He-man use his in the classic line?

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    It didn't bother me, but I would have rather they had his sister pay a visit.

The King Randor and Queen Marlena designs in the first episode weren't too bad.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Chris here...

If the question is about Teela's outfit in NA, I have to say that I didn't care for it - being transported to Primus from Eternia I feel she should have kept her original costume and thus been more instantly recognisable. Still, we all know that was never going to happen, but I still wish they'd made Teela look more Eternian rather than giving her a futuristic look - to me it just made her blend in too much!

On the subject of the NA series as a whole, I'll say from the outset that I love the series, I love the concept, I love pretty much everything about it. Heck, I like the fact that they updated the look for He-Man & Skeletor! The only thing I felt could have been better is the transition between the two shows - OK, with NA being made by a different studio it was never going to be entirely smooth, but it would have been good to see He-Man & Skeletor in something approximating their original costumes before the outfit changes. Nonetheless, I still love the NA!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Yeah I do agree there that it would have been nice to go from Classic He-man to NA and him having to be explained what happened to him. If that would have happened then I doubt we would be talking about Teela now.

I dont think they could have made them exactly like they were in the filmation series as that would have been stealing character designs and I think they could have got into some trouble for that. When DIC produced the new series of GI Joe after the movie they had to change a lot of the costume designs to avoid copyright infringement on Sunbow, who made the original cartoon.

I think thats accurate anyway
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

I just don't see the point of continuslly...thrashing every aspect of the New Adventures every chance certain people get, you don't see me in the New series discussion because I feel, overall, that series was let down by an overated second season