Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grenadier miniatures collection painting project in progress! With pics!

Heroic Podcaster

Grenadier miniatures collection painting project in progress! With pics!

BY THE POWER OF...LEAD!!! No wait, that's not right...

HeMan.jpg

And his evil duplicate - Faker!

Faker.jpg

First of many minis to come! All of these painted by Bryan Mitchell of XPainting. Great guy and a terrific painter! He is also tackling some customs for me - turning some of these into Clamp Champ (MAA version), Moss Man, Stinkor, Zodak and Disco Skeletor!

Then he is making an Eternia display landscape board that has room for the Grayskull and the minis to be displayed on it! I'll keep posting pics of the project if people are interested!

Eventually, I'll display these with the Icons Grayskull, which is waiting on a shelf all by itself right now...
    QUEEN ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Those are amazing, I love the detail he's put into them he has a very comic book style!
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

WOW! He did a great job painting those!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

i never get tired of these and yes they make a great display with icon heroes grayskull i think Reg posted a few pictures in some other thread.

btw, nice paintjob

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i never get tired of these and yes they make a great display with icon heroes grayskull i think Reg posted a few pictures in some other thread.

btw, nice paintjob
    I'm glad people are enjoying the pics! I linked Bryan to this thread, hopefully he can see how his wonderful work is being appreciated.

Arkangel, I originally tried posting this to that thread with the other wonderful pics but no one seemed to see it so I started a new one. That thread BEGAN with the minis displayed with Icons Grayskull and that is where this thread will FINISH! Hopefully, it will be a fun trip! I am especially looking forward to the Attak Trak (with magnetized treads) and the customs, including a flocked Moss Man!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

They look good so far.

Heroic Podcaster
    We're getting the band back together!

Skeletor.jpg

The one with the Havoc Staff (back right) is easily my favorite (one of my favorites in the entire collection) and Bryan has an extra of him to become...DISCO SKELETOR!!!

Widget
    I've been having a lot of fun painting these. Brings back fond memories, and has me watching MOTU again.

Heroic Podcaster
    After over a year of searching, I just closed a deal that SHOULD score me the LAST three figures to complete this collection!

--- the limbless Skeletor body/head that is the Talon Fighter pilot
    --- the Skeletor with sword raised (like in the pic above) but with no base meant to be a rider for Panthor

and the best find...

--- the EVIL-LYN that rides Panthor also and was only available in the huge Evil Warrior boxed set! VERY excited and I hope Bryan will work his painting magic on these as well!!! Just those three - the others are extras.

evillyn.jpg
    Last edited by SunDevil; January 31, 2014 at 06:59pm.

Heroic Podcaster
    She is here! The collection is now complete with the half-body Talon Fighter pilot Skeletor, the baseless, Panthor-rider Skeletor and the EVIL-LYN!!! Her picture in the Org merch section has a question mark! Admins, if you want pics to confirm she exists, feel free to use mine!

IMG_0209.jpg

Close up of Evil-Lyn

IMG_0211.jpg

Bryan wil be painting these up near the end of the project - a fitting way to finish!

Widget
    Congrats Chance I know you've put a lot of time and money into acquiring these. Looking forward to seeing them painted.

Heroic Podcaster
    Just heard back from Bryan! After some other projects came up, he is back on these and will be posting pictures soon!

Widget
    Some He-Man pics that didn't get shared here yet.
    HeMan1.jpg
    HeMan2.jpg
    HeMan4-5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And one of two beastman models.
    Beastman1.jpg

that\s amazing

Widget
    Beastman2.jpg
    Another Beastman?

Awesome! I used to have all of these when I was a kid, wish I still did.

Great paint job!
    TB-1089
    Inland Empire Squad Leader
    Southern California Garrison
    501st Legion

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Awesome! I used to have all of these when I was a kid, wish I still did.

Great paint job!
    That's how I feel about my MOTU collection as a kid. All that survived was a Crocobite Meteorb and I have rebuilt my entire collection from there!

These miniatures are weird for me - I remember seeing them as a kid but didn't like that they were unpainted. So I passed. Grew up, graduated college twice, got married, etc etc and when I decided to rebuild my MOTU collection, I ran across these and REALLY liked them this time. Of course, by then my other hobby was a miniatures game called Blood Bowl so now these Grenadiers were DOUBLY intriguing to me! Been collecting them ever since!

I have almost three full sets (minus the ultra rare Evil-Lyn, only one of those) and the collection just keeps growing!

BTW, love your avatar and screen name! I LOVE all things TRON!!!

Widget
    Need some weapons for our heroes with all these Beastmans about. Weapons.jpg

Heroic Podcaster
    In the original toy colors! I love it!

Widget
    Even more defensive measures,
    Weapons2.jpg
    Didn't glue the guns down thought it was more fun to be able to move them up and down and make pew pew sounds.

Heroic Podcaster
    I agree that not gluing them was the way to go! They look just like mini versions of the Grayskull toy!

Widget
    He-Man is probably tired of walking everywhere so how about a ride.
    Battlecat1.jpgBattlecat2.jpgBattlecat3.jpgBattlecat4.jpg
    Same figure just different views.
    Wish there was a Kringer figure, he was always one of my favorites for some reason.

Heroic Podcaster
    I have some non-MOTU minis that I have customized to look like characters not represented in this Grenadier line. I imagine it would be relatively easy to find a young tiger mini from some nature line and paint him up as Cringer! I will add it to my list!

Battle Cat looks amazing!

Widget
    Who's up for a cat fight?
    Panthor1.jpgPanthor2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Working on correcting Panthor's saddle, will post new pics soon. Till then how about Teela.
    Teela1.jpg

Heroic Podcaster
    She looks tremendous! I'm continually impressed with how well you are matching the vintage toy colors!