Thread: fixing the Monstroid toy

Widget

fixing the Monstroid toy

Hi and hello every body,

I am hoping someone has experience fixing the Monstroid toy. The mechanism has broke. I have taken apart the toy and the mechanism has a metal coil inside. I believe it acts as a spring. The problem I am having is reassembling this mechanism. Does any one know how to do it or who can help me?Its the metal coil that seems to be the challenge.

Thanks image_369.jpgimage_370.jpg

it looks to me like the straight part of the coil slips into the clip there. that's all i can tell from here. funny my monstroid broke after i read this, but not this way, i had to glue a stem back on.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I have fixed many items that use those springs, and it is very difficult to get the spring back in, you have to hook it up in 2 places, in the center and on the edge. Then usally it most be spun around a few times to shrink it to the right size to fit into place. Good luck and I hope some of this helps.

Widget
    I have to glue my stem as well ,Thanks for the guide i will give it ago He-bro I think my spring is the wrong way round obviously as its just sitting there and not shooting in to the air.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I have fixed many items that use those springs, and it is very difficult to get the spring back in, you have to hook it up in 2 places, in the center and on the edge. Then usally it most be spun around a few times to shrink it to the right size to fit into place. Good luck and I hope some of this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4r8wbejHXY
    Stuck as theres 2 main cogs i am not sure how it hooks around them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hemannut1010 View Post
    Hi and hello every body,

I am hoping someone has experience fixing the Monstroid toy. The mechanism has broke. I have taken apart the toy and the mechanism has a metal coil inside. I believe it acts as a spring. The problem I am having is reassembling this mechanism. Does any one know how to do it or who can help me?Its the metal coil that seems to be the challenge.

Thanks image_369.jpgimage_370.jpg
    What glue did you use for that?
    Last edited by hemannut1010; May 12, 2014 at 02:03pm.