Thread: the "dimple" in the middle of the plastic blister on MOTU carded figures

Widget

the "dimple" in the middle of the plastic blister on MOTU carded figures

Hi guys,

I have yet another strange question.
    Most of you might not care, but ever wonder what that "dimple" in the middle of the plastic blister is on MOTU carded figures are?
    I also see them on the blister of MOTUC figures as well.
    I wonder what the purpose for those impressions are?

Anyways, just thought I'd pick someone's brain about it.

Thanks,

Hi, at my eyes concerning the vintage bubbles it is just to keep the stability of the figurine Inside, just to prevent it from moving too much.
    By example if too many movements Inside the figure can lose a part of its paint, she can break the bubble if there is a shock or again an arm can dislocate itself etc

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Hi, at my eyes concerning the vintage bubbles it is just to keep the stability of the figurine Inside, just to prevent it from moving too much.
    By example if too many movements Inside the figure can lose a part of its paint, she can break the bubble if there is a shock or again an arm can dislocate itself etc

Thanks TOKYONEVER.
    That definitely makes sense.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the dimple on the Classics was put there as a nod to the vintage packaging. I heard or read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    I think the dimple on the Classics was put there as a nod to the vintage packaging. I heard or read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Thanks WalkerBoh.
    I figured it was an homage to the vintage style. Nice touch by Mattel in that sense.