Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior
    Want Want Want!!!! I already have the entire series, but the rest of the stuff (soundtrack, etc.) sounds sweet! Is it going to be sold on amazon.com?

It looks like a pretty loaded set. It has a cool outer packaging. It looks like the discs will be the same as before (meaning lots of episodes per disc). I hope they have the discs in regular hubs and not paper sleeves. Sometimes, collector sets are made in a way not very safe for the discs. I hope this one is.

It looks awesome & I'm glad for the extras, but it only has 20 episodes from NAHM and no POP! Why call it "definitive" when it doesn't have everything?
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    It looks awesome & I'm glad for the extras, but it only has 20 episodes from NAHM and no POP! Why call it "definitive" when it doesn't have everything?
    I'm pretty shocked it has any New Adventures or MYP on it.

I'm looking forward to the bonuses:

Additional Collectible Bonus Items

•Exclusive Power Sword®◦This MOTUC accessory represents the Sword of He-Man® and is offered in the Eternian gold color for this commemorative anniversary edition.

•Audio Soundtrack◦An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® series by Shuki Levy

•All-New Documentary◦A bonus DVD containing a brand new FANS OF MOTU documentary featurette in addition to ten previously unreleased documentary programs

•Episode Guide◦A 48-page commemorative booklet and episode guide for all 189 episodes

so I'm guessing this is a REAL soundtrack release, not just a rehash of those 4 or so songs from the french record posted on youtube?

edit - i read that wrong... dang. i was hoping for something more extensive..
    Last edited by Shredder; September 18, 2012 at 07:32pm.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Love it EXCEPT the exclusion of She-Ra. One of the biggest things I LOVE about MOTU as of late is the effort to recognize and INCLUDE all aspects of MOTUishness from the past - from early concept, to comics, all cartoon canons - it's great! For me, it seems a bit of a miss to not include POP. I'm wondering if any of the classic MOTU is going to come back to iTunes - it was all removed recently.

Pretty cool, I like the box art. A little odd that they didn't just throw in all NA episodes for the sake of completion though?

As I already own a boxset of the original show I'll probably give this a miss, if it had the FULL soundtrack and not just a paltry 11 tracks I would definitely buy this though!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Gah! Dang it!!!! I WANT to be excited for this, I reeeeeeeally and truly do, but that has to be the most boring rendition of Castle Grayskull EVER! Where's the mystery? Where's the adventure? Where's the power?! That's barely gonna catch people's eye, let alone convince anyone to buy it. I hate to be SO negative, especially since the original toon is my favorite version of He-Man, but this is yet another missed opportunity for MOTU.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It's really a shame since I have the Filmation and MYP runs already but none of the NA or POP sets. I'll still pick up the new set for the bonuses and finally bite the bullet and grab the NA & POP sets too.

Looks like a pretty sweet collection. You know some people will get it for the soundtrack and sword alone.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Widget

Already locked to get this one!

I've got a connection at MillCreek and I will definitely be picking this one up!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    She-ra is a separate licence to he-man

Yes!! It better
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Wow, I'm very impressed by this. I hope it gets an international release. I have all the Filmation episodes, but I never watched NA and we can't get the MYP cartoon on dvd over here, so this, for me, is going to be as good as it gets

...and hopefully She-Ra will get better treatment when it's her 30th. That is the only snag in this boxset for me.

Can't wait to see The Fans of MOTU documentary.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Okay fellow He-Fans, I'm not a computer-wiz: how can I order this? Do I have to wait 'til December? Hemp me out here: I need this one. Thank you, good journey.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

New DVD Set Delayed

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I just received an email from Amazon, the important part is quoted below:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 08, 2012 (Order# -------------------). We do not have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We will email you with an update on your delivery date in 30 days, or as soon as the items are ready to ship.

He-Man, et al "Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition"

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.
    The product page is still saying December 18th, but it usually takes them a few days to update when a release date slips.

Surprised nobody posted this

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-...llection/17743

Looks awesome!!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Scoop: Bonus CD's Liner Notes in the '30th Anniversary' Set
    An exclusive first look at the 11 music tracks included with Mill Creek's December 18th DVD release
    Posted by David Lambert
    11/14/2012

As you know, December 18th sees the Mill Creek 22-DVD release of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Commemorative Collection: Limited Edition. In the studio's original press release for this title, they mentioned a number of bonus pack-in items that will be enclosed with the collectible packaging. One of these was described as "An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series by Shuki Levy." Now Mill Creek has kindly sent us a look at the liner notes for this Audio Soundtrack, and it lists the 11 tracks which will be included on the CD. Check that out below, and under that you can also find a new promo trailer that the studio recently provided us with as well. Take a look!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-...#ixzz2CElKOoNj

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Just got done watching the bonus disc last. I liked it alot.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Has the dvd spanish audio track included?

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    My wife surprised me with the set for christmas! Very cool!

She said she stopped by an FYE, and they are going out of business. It was %30 off, and she paid less than $60 for it.

I did want to point out 1 disappointment though. I know this was put out by Millcreek (probably as quickly/cheaply as possible), but it SCREAMS Matty from the mistakes I noticed in the booklet!

It starts on page 1, with episode 4 being listed first, and then 1,2,3, then 5... Further into the book, they repeated the pictures from the episodes on 2 of the pages. Do they not have anyone that proofreads this stuff?

I love this set, but that's some bush-league stuff!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Quote Originally Posted by sdilks View Post
    My wife surprised me with the set for christmas! Very cool!

She said she stopped by an FYE, and they are going out of business. It was %30 off, and she paid less than $60 for it.

I did want to point out 1 disappointment though. I know this was put out by Millcreek (probably as quickly/cheaply as possible), but it SCREAMS Matty from the mistakes I noticed in the booklet!

It starts on page 1, with episode 4 being listed first, and then 1,2,3, then 5... Further into the book, they repeated the pictures from the episodes on 2 of the pages. Do they not have anyone that proofreads this stuff?

I love this set, but that's some bush-league stuff!
    You are correct. Repeating the same pictures for Disc 5 & Disc 6 is terrible checking on their part.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Has the dvd spanish audio track included?
    yes, it does.

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®
    Aired on television from 1983-1985
    All 130 Episodes are featured in the collection on 16 DVDs
    Six Documentary Featurettes
    100 Character Profiles
    English & Spanish Audio Tracks
    Why couldn't the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers dvd box set be like that?
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Thank you Romer!