Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

Snappy Threader
    Getting this for sure, but I just wish it had ALL NA on it not just a few, and I wsh it had POP on it as well. I want a box set with all 4 series complete runs, in one spot, but this will do nicely for now.

Gah! I wanted this set until I found out that it only had 20 NA episodes. That second NA DVD is still hard to come by. This would have been a great opportunity to put these episodes in the hands of fans who don't' know about/are on the fence about NA.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    I'm thinking the Power-Con give-away might be a sword of Power originally intended for this set
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Sold! I don't own any vintage stuff aside the 'best ofs' yet do own 200X and NA so this is pure win for me!

I will say this much, that gold sword... its gonna look great with my gold armor custom MOTUC Fuerza-T Felinor.

I gotta say since they just released a "Complete She-Ra" box set, I am not dissapointed by her lack of inclusion here, but I am supprised they bothered to include NA if not the whole thing.

I want the cd, but I cant buy them all just for that. I'm curious about the "extra" Docs, if they actually havent been published elsewhere in previous collections.

And yeah, white sleeves would be a deal breaker for me at any rate, and I bet they do. Hope not.

I'm guessing that this set will just recycle the 16 discs from the 2 season sets (8 discs for each season) and the 4 disc set of the 200x series produced by MillCreek. The only new discs would be the top 20 NA episodes and the documentary disc. I hope they eventually offer the soundtrack by itself.

Does anybody own the MillCreek sets? Do they contain the same documentaries and bonus features as the sets released in 2005-2006 produced by BCI?

I question the quality of the MillCreek sets. Even if they don't contain the special features that still 130 episodes on 16 disc and 39 episodes on 4 discs compared to 130 episodes on 20 discs and 39 episodes on 6 discs.

Does anyone out there own both BCI and MillCreek to speak on any differences in quality between the 2 sets? It would be interesting to know.

This sucks, just want the sword. Already have the series on DVD.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    BTW, I was just thinking, that set is going to have A LOT of black disc sleeves.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

As a Masters Of The Universe fan, I am extremely diappointed and insulted mentally that the fantastic stories of He-Man's twin sister She-Ra have been left out of this DVD set. Because of this, I refuse to buy this DVD set or recognize it.
    If enough speak out against this grave injustice, perhaps the makers will rethink. POP is MOTU.

Heroic Warrior OverlordSkeletor's Avatar
    In my mind we are celebrating He-Man's anniversary and even though She-Ra is He-Man's sister the celebration should include versions of He-Man only. That may be controversial but that is the way I see it.
    Grief Is The Price We Pay For Love

Live The Life That Unfolds Before You

Browncoats stand up and be proud.

Looking Backward Is Fine But Going Backwards Isn't

The price point is already $100. To include She-Ra (and another 9 discs or so) which Mill Creek doesn't even have the DVD rights to would increase the price even more. Frankly, I'd prefer they cut the MYP and New Adventures discs and just have Filmation He-Man on there along with the new bonus disc and extras, so the price point goes down further. It never crossed my mind that they'd try to include other shows on this set besides Filmation He-Man.

why :
    only 20 NA episodes?
    no she-ra inside?
    not on blu ray?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    why :
    only 20 NA episodes?
    no she-ra inside?
    not on blu ray?
    A blu-ray release would be nice, especially for the MYP series. I believe there is a German release on blu-ray for the original MOTU cartoon.

I am going to have to pass on this set since I already own all the series from the previous DVD releases.

I do really want the soundtrack and hope one gets released separately sometime.

I have the entire series already (all of them), so not sure I want to spend the money just to get the extras on this. I hope they release the CD separately or, even better, a complete score to celebrate the 30th anniversary.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

My hope is that this new box set will create a few new fans. Although we have yet to see the final packaging in 3D, the mock-up looks eye catching enough that it might appeal to kids or even their dads (who may have long forgotten about the series) when they see it sat on the shelf at Walmart or Best buy. Yes, we're not getting She-Ra and yes, not all of the New Adventures are included, but I would think that this would be a good stepping on point for most non-fans. The price is steep but it is certainly an easier way for someone to start their collection than trying to track down all the various volumes that have been released to date. Also, the documentaries, CD, Power Sword and Booklet are all good incentives and I'm sure we'll see it offered for less than $99 at most retailers.

And no one asked if they could include the Quest for Chicken series, which I would have happily obliged to!
    Horde Lord

Has it been confirmed if it will be region free or not?

My biggest question about this is if they are new transfers or not. I'll be getting it one way or another, but it'll make it even better if they're better transfers than the old disks.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    I am going to have to pass on this set since I already own all the series from the previous DVD releases.

I do really want the soundtrack and hope one gets released separately sometime.
    La La Land Records posted the following on the FSM board.

"If you are already buying the set because you are a MOTU fan like moi, then please do so. If you are buying the set JUST for the cd you might want to wait.

Just sayin'. . .

MV"

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Cool pics, thanks for posting

I really want a collectors edition that comes with Tanya!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    La La Land Records posted the following on the FSM board.

"If you are already buying the set because you are a MOTU fan like moi, then please do so. If you are buying the set JUST for the cd you might want to wait.

Just sayin'. . .

MV"
    Not sure if they're hinting a complete soundtrack release as MillCreek stated that they were unable to locate other themes besides those already-released 11 themes.

Hopefully La-La-Land will give us some more info soon.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .