Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Has the dvd spanish audio track included?

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    My wife surprised me with the set for christmas! Very cool!

She said she stopped by an FYE, and they are going out of business. It was %30 off, and she paid less than $60 for it.

I did want to point out 1 disappointment though. I know this was put out by Millcreek (probably as quickly/cheaply as possible), but it SCREAMS Matty from the mistakes I noticed in the booklet!

It starts on page 1, with episode 4 being listed first, and then 1,2,3, then 5... Further into the book, they repeated the pictures from the episodes on 2 of the pages. Do they not have anyone that proofreads this stuff?

I love this set, but that's some bush-league stuff!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Quote Originally Posted by sdilks View Post
    My wife surprised me with the set for christmas! Very cool!

She said she stopped by an FYE, and they are going out of business. It was %30 off, and she paid less than $60 for it.

I did want to point out 1 disappointment though. I know this was put out by Millcreek (probably as quickly/cheaply as possible), but it SCREAMS Matty from the mistakes I noticed in the booklet!

It starts on page 1, with episode 4 being listed first, and then 1,2,3, then 5... Further into the book, they repeated the pictures from the episodes on 2 of the pages. Do they not have anyone that proofreads this stuff?

I love this set, but that's some bush-league stuff!
    You are correct. Repeating the same pictures for Disc 5 & Disc 6 is terrible checking on their part.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Has the dvd spanish audio track included?
    yes, it does.

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®
    Aired on television from 1983-1985
    All 130 Episodes are featured in the collection on 16 DVDs
    Six Documentary Featurettes
    100 Character Profiles
    English & Spanish Audio Tracks
    Why couldn't the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers dvd box set be like that?
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Thank you Romer!

Was able to get mine from Deep Discount for 65 with free shipping. Not found in any stores in my area or for such a low price.

And that Gold Power Sword is gonna look sooooo good with Galactic Protector He-Man!!!
    Last edited by Nemisythe; December 29, 2012 at 09:47pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Like most Mill Creek sets, I'm guessing it will drop significantly in price on Amazon in a few months. Other than the cardboard sleeves, it is a really cool set. I enjoy the artwork. The Castle Grayskull is pretty cool.
    I'm really hoping this is the case. Other than the NA episodes that are included here that are from the Vol. 2 set, I have everything on here already, but I would like to get the soundtrack, and gold PS. I'm just not going to pay $60-$80 for it. I do want to see the 30th doc though.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I'm really hoping this is the case. Other than the NA episodes that are included here that are from the Vol. 2 set, I have everything on here already, but I would like to get the soundtrack, and gold PS. I'm just not going to pay $60-$80 for it. I do want to see the 30th doc though.
    Yeah, I think most of us here already have every episode on DVD, it's really the Soundtrack, MOTUC Sword, and Bonus Disc that most people want. I agree, this is a rather expensive set, but I absolutely love it. My biggest gripe with the collection, however, is the shoddy sleeves that each disc comes in......

I haven't even seen this set locally; how much does it retail for at brick-and-mortar stores?
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I saw it at FYE for $64.99 on sale. I think it had a regular sticker price of $79.99.

Snappy Threader
    I have been looking aorund for it, gonna try Coconuts, but FYE is their parent, so if they are going out of business, perhaps I should hurry back over there.......

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks to one of my younger sisters, I was able to get a copy from an Amazon sideseller (who happened to be ImportCDs, no less) for less than $60. I did get to watch a few of the documentaries, which were entertaining and informative. I have yet to watch the episodes or listen to the CD, but I'm sure they'll be as good as the documentaries.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

I collected mine from the Post Office today. Just finished watching the documentaries and listening to the soundtrack. I already own all the episodes but it's too special to live without. I love the gold sword too! A beautiful set that I'm proud to be the owner of. Will be a nice inclusion to my collection.

Luckily for me, I only had the first box set of the Filmation series and all of the 200x so this was a welcome addition to my collection. Now all I need is POP and maybe...maybe the NA box sets. If I can find them. My only gripe is that the soundtrack should've had way more tracks.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    YAY!!!!!
    i got my free copy from mill creek today too! SO excited to be a part of this!!! i got a little teary when i found me and my girls' names at the bottom of the "special thanks" list in the booklet. and, much as i'd hoped, we all three made it into the documentary. this is an awesome dream come true, and i can't wait to show it to the girls tomorrow! (i'm kevin, and my daughters are teela and kylie, with the shirts on with their names and saying "by the power of grayskull" toward the end of the doc.) they actually used a decent amount of mine i feel, given that it's only about 16 minutes, and so much is devoted to the mattel employees. there were parts i sent that i thought they would use that they didn't, and parts they did use i thought might not be, so go figure. lol. i actually think it's a pretty neat little 30th celebration documentary, and am again SO stoked that me and my little twins of power get to be a part of it! congrats to ALL of my fellow fans who also got to be a part of this... awesome guys! and yes, the packaging is pretty special and awesome! GREAT job, nate!! (LOVE the grayskull and the inside cover pic!)
    yay yay yay! (i'm happy.)
    I got mine around the same time. Took me a while to get my Internet back up to see the reaction to this set, and I was quite surprised getting an email saying we were getting one for free. My dad got a little choked up seeing my son and me when he saw us. I'm Brandon and my son is Ramses in the Special Thanks list.

Just so I'm not seen as a He-Fan with just a 200X pillow, I posted my full video here

That's not even everything MOTU that I have. Like you though, I figured there were some parts of my video featuring the figures and family photos that might make it possibly as stills at least. I would've been ecstatic if they had audio of me reading the story to my boy, but I understand why they featured what they did.

Also, I planned on getting a second set anyway to keep in MIB as a collector, but the set I got from Mill Creek looked like it got stomped on a few times before they put it in the UPS box. The clam shell had a chunk broken off it. I'm not complaining since it was free, but I just find it a little odd.

Like I said in the video description, congrats to all the fans who were featured. We're the reason MOTU is still going. Peace.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I saw it at FYE for $64.99 on sale. I think it had a regular sticker price of $79.99.
    Wow, thanks for the info Firefly!

I wonder why Amazon is selling this at $90.00? They usually have a much better price on this type of stuff...

Oh well, I got it , and I love it! (I think the exclusive sword will go to King He-Man when he gets released!)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Best Christmas gift that I received this year! Even though I had the entire series on DVD already, the new documentaries, soundtrack, sword, and the incredible artwork and box design made this a must as a MOTU fan! Would have been nice to include the entire New Adventures series. I'm not really a fan, but seeing as they included the complete series of the Filmation and MYP series, why not that as well just to make it a complete set? Now if they would just find a way to continue the MYP series from where it left off. Really feel like we got left hanging there. The Filmation series will always be my favorite, but the MYP series did an excellent job on giving more depth an background to the characters and history/storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow, thanks for the info Firefly!

I wonder why Amazon is selling this at $90.00? They usually have a much better price on this type of stuff...

Oh well, I got it , and I love it! (I think the exclusive sword will go to King He-Man when he gets released!)
    Guys I would also check deep discount website: I paid just about 65 and FREE SHIPPING!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    I collected mine from the Post Office today. Just finished watching the documentaries and listening to the soundtrack. I already own all the episodes but it's too special to live without. I love the gold sword too! A beautiful set that I'm proud to be the owner of. Will be a nice inclusion to my collection.
    Nephilim, were did you get the set from and how much was it including postage to the UK?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Nephilim, were did you get the set from and how much was it including postage to the UK?

JAG2045
    Hi Jag,

I purchased mine from Amazon (.com not .co.uk obviously)

Even at the inflated price when compared to the other sites mentioned on here, I figured it was the most trustworthy and reliable as it was being shipped from overseas to the UK. I opted for a slightly faster shipping method too so it was quite expensive in the end.

Here is a breakdown of the costs, directly lifted from the Order summary that was emailed to me. Hope it helps.

Shipping Method: AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping
    Items: GBP 57.88
    Shipping & Handling: GBP 6.42
    ------
    Total before tax: GBP 64.30
    Estimated tax to be collected: USD 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit GBP 12.86
    ------
    Order Total: GBP 77.16

...as I've said before, this hobby ain't cheap. Especially for international fans like ourselves. Obviously they won't play on standard DVD players either because we're in Region 2, so I use a program to watch them on my laptop.

Let me know if you have better luck as I wouldn't mind purchasing another set, especially if its cheaper.
    Last edited by Nephilim; January 12, 2013 at 08:21pm.

I just received my copy from Milcreek last night and it is the number 13,000 someting of 15,000. For some reason I thought fan video contest winners would get their prize within the firts 100 copies of it.

I have not had the chance to see the documentary yet, though. Is it gud?
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

How do long do you think these will be available since they are limited edition? Do you think they will still be around in February?

The one I received as a prize from Mill Creek yesterday is numbered 13,031 of 15,000. I don't know if this is any indication of how many are remaining (I don't imagine they are being distributed in numerical order).

I was really pleased with my video's inclusion. Not only was it included in full, but it is the first thing you see when you watch the documentary (an edited down version of the Filmation opening sequence using the two 'Classics' figures I had available at the time, Adam and He-Man). I also wasn't expecting to see my name credited on screen at the end (I was under the impression I was only getting a shout-out in the accompanying booklet).
    Last edited by Adam_Adamant; January 17, 2013 at 11:36am. Reason: Evidently I can't spell

Ok, seen it. =)

Adam_Adamant, so you did the intro with the figures then? I thought Milcreek have done that.

O'hartley

^ Yes, the stop motion opening sequence using Adam and He-Man Classic figures is mine. I now have Cringer, Battle Cat, The Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Orko and Skeletor so I should really try and do the whole opening sequence but need to find the time

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Adamant View Post
    ^ Yes, the stop motion opening sequence using Adam and He-Man Classic figures is mine. I now have Cringer, Battle Cat, The Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Orko and Skeletor so I should really try and do the whole opening sequence but need to find the time
    Cool. Congratulations on that! =)

O'hartley