Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

I also forgot to add how I like how that Power Sword can pass for the NA colors and be the Power Sword for He-Man when he goes off into space, for those who do not like the NA sword...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    The mural that Nate did for the inside of the collection is AMAZING in person. Can't wait to purchase this box set!
    Thanks Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Actually, if you look closely, it's not.
    It's drawn exactly after the Icon Heroes statue designed by Nathan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well Nate was the one who drew this facade temp-image for Mill Creek, upon which the sculpting is done.
    Let's just say its been a "Castle Grayskull Year" for the Baertsch family.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Let's just say its been a "Castle Grayskull Year" for the Baertsch family.
    Hopefully you can make more blog-posts related to this "Castle Grayskull Year"

New DVD Set Delayed

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I just received an email from Amazon, the important part is quoted below:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 08, 2012 (Order# -------------------). We do not have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We will email you with an update on your delivery date in 30 days, or as soon as the items are ready to ship.

He-Man, et al "Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition"

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.
    The product page is still saying December 18th, but it usually takes them a few days to update when a release date slips.

Surprised nobody posted this

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-...llection/17743

Looks awesome!!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Scoop: Bonus CD's Liner Notes in the '30th Anniversary' Set
    An exclusive first look at the 11 music tracks included with Mill Creek's December 18th DVD release
    Posted by David Lambert
    11/14/2012

As you know, December 18th sees the Mill Creek 22-DVD release of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Commemorative Collection: Limited Edition. In the studio's original press release for this title, they mentioned a number of bonus pack-in items that will be enclosed with the collectible packaging. One of these was described as "An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series by Shuki Levy." Now Mill Creek has kindly sent us a look at the liner notes for this Audio Soundtrack, and it lists the 11 tracks which will be included on the CD. Check that out below, and under that you can also find a new promo trailer that the studio recently provided us with as well. Take a look!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-...#ixzz2CElKOoNj

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Wow. Nate's art on that CD cover looks amazing!

Shame they didn't include the whole NA series. I already have every episode from the DVD releases years ago so won't bother with this but I hope they release the soundtrack CD on it's own at some point, i'd love to have that.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I just saw the video that said it will only contain 20 episodes of NA. Kind of a bummer, but I still want the set for the soundtrack, Power Sword, and complete Filmation and MYP series. I only had enough cash for the first volume of the BCI set back in the day, so my collection has a huge hole that needs filling.

Hopefully they'll do another set with the complete NA and She-Ra...

I just wish someone would make a complete Filmation soundtrack with all the action/battle music. This soundtrack and the unofficial one hanging around on the internet are both missing those tracks.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Vivek posted this back in September (it's most of the way down page 3) [FSM is a website called Film Score Monthly]

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    La La Land Records posted the following on the FSM board.

"If you are already buying the set because you are a MOTU fan like moi, then please do so. If you are buying the set JUST for the cd you might want to wait.

Just sayin'. . .

MV"
    So it looks like we can look forward to a La La Land Records soundtrack release -- no other news yet though, I was hoping we would have at least seen some sort of official announcement by now.

The CD cover looks good, and I especially like that MillCreek took the time to put together short paragraphs for each of the tracks on how the music was used in the show.

I'm a bit curious about the CD content, as some thought when the set was announced the CD is pretty much a North American version of the French record that 13 Bis Records re-released on CD earlier this year.

Obviously we're getting the original English opening for the first track instead of the French opening, beyond that the only changes are a few excluded tracks. The 16 minute audio version of "A Friend in Need" is dropped [presumably due to it being in French], 'Le Château Maléfique' isn't there (which Musclor.fr.st referred to as 'Snake Mountain's Theme' in the thread about the 13 Bis Record's CD), and finally a piece called "The Magic Planet".

Judging by the audio clip on Amazon.fr, I don't recall the "The Magic Planet" as part of the music used for MOTU, it certainly doesn't sound much like what was generally used. The track listed as Snake Mountain's theme was clearly a part of the show's music though, so of the 3 missing tracks it's absence is the only one that seems truly unusual to me.

Also -- at 13 seconds in MillCreek's promo -- why is Castle Grayskull walking?
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; November 15, 2012 at 06:31pm.

The set looks pretty cool, except it looks like they are using paper/cardboard sleeves for the DVDs, which I'm not a fan of. I was hoping they wouldn't do that for a collector's set.

Anyone know if Mill Creek will have a preorder available directly through their site? I loathe ordering from Amazon, as my packages always arrived smashed-up.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Obviously we're getting the original English opening for the first track instead of the French opening, beyond that the only changes are a few excluded tracks. The 16 minute audio version of "A Friend in Need" is dropped [presumably due to it being in French], 'Le Château Maléfique' isn't there (which Musclor.fr.st referred to as 'Snake Mountain's Theme' in the thread about the 13 Bis Record's CD), and finally a piece called "The Magic Planet".

Judging by the audio clip on Amazon.fr, I don't recall the "The Magic Planet" as part of the music used for MOTU, it certainly doesn't sound much like what was generally used. The track listed as Snake Mountain's theme was clearly a part of the show's music though, so of the 3 missing tracks it's absence is the only one that seems truly unusual to me.
    Actually, I believe Le Château Maléfique (which, according to the translation app on my phone, translates as "The Evil Castle") is Castle Grayskull's actual theme. It's listed on the French record at 2 minutes in length, which matches the music track I have that is labelled as such. Snake Mountain's Theme is 1:27 in length. Track 5 on this release, which is labelled as Castle Grayskull, is called Le Château des Ombres (which translates as "The Castle Of Shadows") on the French record. This is the theme that James says is most associated with the Royal Palace.

Interestingly, they have different titles on the Spanish releases. Le Château Maléfique is simply called El Castillo ("The Castle") and Le Château des Ombres is called Frente Al Castillo ("Front Of The Castle"), although "Front Of The Palace" would make more sense for that track.

Also, I don't get the title Orko And The Ascending Machine. The French and Spanish titles both translate as "Orko's Time Machine". Maybe I'm just being persnickety.

So I guess, based on the descriptions of the tracks on this CD, what we're missing are Magic Planet and the Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain themes, although the Snake Mountain theme didn't appear on any of the other releases.
    Last edited by Captain Wow; November 15, 2012 at 09:03pm.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Look like paper sleeves

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane429 View Post
    Anyone know if Mill Creek will have a preorder available directly through their site? I loathe ordering from Amazon, as my packages always arrived smashed-up.
    I don't believe Mill Creek sells anything direct. You have to look for an authorized distributor like Amazon. I don't know what other places will be selling this set unfortunately, but hopefully as the release date gets closer, you will have more options.

However, I have always had good luck with Amazon. Of the hundreds of orders I've received from them, only one ever arrived in bad condition. (Which was immediately rectified by Amazon....)
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    Actually, I believe Le Château Maléfique (which, according to the translation app on my phone, translates as "The Evil Castle") is Castle Grayskull's actual theme. It's listed on the French record at 2 minutes in length, which matches the music track I have that is labelled as such. Snake Mountain's Theme is 1:27 in length. Track 5 on this release, which is labelled as Castle Grayskull, is called Le Château des Ombres (which translates as "The Castle Of Shadows") on the French record. This is the theme that James says is most associated with the Royal Palace.

Interestingly, they have different titles on the Spanish releases. Le Château Maléfique is simply called El Castillo ("The Castle") and Le Château des Ombres is called Frente Al Castillo ("Front Of The Castle"), although "Front Of The Palace" would make more sense for that track.

Also, I don't get the title Orko And The Ascending Machine. The French and Spanish titles both translate as "Orko's Time Machine". Maybe I'm just being persnickety.

So I guess, based on the descriptions of the tracks on this CD, what we're missing are Magic Planet and the Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain themes, although the Snake Mountain theme didn't appear on any of the other releases.
    So if I'm understanding you correctly, this Snake Mountain Theme is either the music played during the first 34 seconds of this video:

...or the music that starts at 1:07 in this video (the portion from 2:07 onward is the battle music that I notice most often in the series):

(A special thanks to BustaToons for posting the first video on YouTube! )
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I don't believe Mill Creek sells anything direct. You have to look for an authorized distributor like Amazon. I don't know what other places will be selling this set unfortunately, but hopefully as the release date gets closer, you will have more options.

However, I have always had good luck with Amazon. Of the hundreds of orders I've received from them, only one ever arrived in bad condition. (Which was immediately rectified by Amazon....)
    Thanks! I was about to order from amazon actually until I decided to check K-Mart's site--they are selling this set for $59.99! Not bad at all.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    So if I'm understanding you correctly, this Snake Mountain Theme is either the music played during the first 34 seconds of this video:
    Someone a while back ripped a few more music tracks from the show and edited them together so there was no dialogue. This one was labelled by that person as "Important Flight", though the actual title, if there is one, is unknown. To me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    ...or the music that starts at 1:07 in this video (the portion from 2:07 onward is the battle music that I notice most often in the series)
    This one I'm not familiar with as I haven't seen this episode in a long time. This is the Snake Mountain theme:

Last edited by Captain Wow; November 17, 2012 at 12:15am.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Heroic Warrior derWaffenmeister's Avatar
    anybody know if that box will come in German language? or will it only avaiable in English?

Quote Originally Posted by derWaffenmeister View Post
    anybody know if that box will come in German language? or will it only avaiable in English?
    It's a Region 1 North American release. No European release that I've heard of, not even a simple identical release but with Region 2 coding for the UK market. The release is intended for the anglophone US and Canada markets only (and possibly Mexico if they include the Latin American dub, but certainly it won't be in a different Spanish-language packaging).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; November 19, 2012 at 01:14pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Do any of the winners of the video contest know when or how they will be receiving their free set?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Adamant View Post
    Do any of the winners of the video contest know when or how they will be receiving their free set?
    The release-date for product is marked Dec. 18th.

When Mill Creek gets their inventory, they will ship the boxset to all the Winners.

Chris confirmed with me that she will e-mail winners when their sets are shipped.

Thanks Jukka....I'll await an email from Chris.

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Totally looking forward to this, especially the soundtrack.
    Thanks for the headsup everyone
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

I've been on the fence about this, but I ultimately decided to get this set.

Like most, I too am bummed out that it only includes 20 episodes of NA. Personally, I would rather this set ditch MYP entirely and just include Filmation and NA--not just because I don't like MYP, but also because it's the easiest and cheapest of the three He-Man shows to get, while NA is the hardest and most expensive. Besides that, I also recall reading that the BCI set of NA had a glitch on one episode. I hope that episode is included in this anniversary set, un-glitched.

Here's why I want this set:

1) Even though I own all of Filmation and MYP, my Filmation set is the one released by Madman, and that one has some glitchy episodes (namely The Region of Ice). I'm hoping those same episodes will be un-glitched in this set. Plus the convenience of being able to play them in a regular DVD player.

2) That soundtrack CD. That holds a lot of appeal for me.
    Visit my blog!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Didn't see it posted yet, but I received this e-mail a couple days ago!

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 07, 2012 (Order# 102-7810786-9506633):

He-Man, et al "Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition"
    Estimated arrival date: December 24, 2012 - December 28, 2012

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon

Looks to be like this set will be a late Christmas gift!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!