Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Remastering is just creating a new set of masters for the company to work with -- and "digitally remastered" simply means that the company created a digital master. Remastering does not mean that any restoration work was done, that's a separate process entirely.

The better companies when they have the funds available like to do at least some restoration when they create a new master, which is why you see the terms "remastered" and "restored" paired together often (and unfortunately contributing to the general public's confusing the two).

Only couple more days before the official street-date.

Who has best price on this boxset so far? It's on Kmart's site for $59.99 Amazon would not honor kmarts price. I am buying this set for the show from the 80's the cd soundtrack and the collectible gold PS. this set is not whole without all of the NA of He-Man episodes.

The Monster,
    Nick

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monster View Post
    Who has best price on this boxset so far? It's on Kmart's site for $59.99 Amazon would not honor kmarts price. I am buying this set for the show from the 80's the cd soundtrack and the collectible gold PS. this set is not whole without all of the NA of He-Man episodes.

The Monster,
    Nick
    I pre-ordered it for $43.55 + S&H from ImportCDs a few days ago on the 11th, and the next day on the 12th I got the shipping notice with a package number, so it's supposedly already on its way.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I got my copy today from Mill Creek for being one of the Fan Video Contest winners. The packaging is really cool. They didn't use much from my video. I guess I didn't say the right stuff. There are some pictures on my blog.

MOTU 30th DVD Set
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

YAY!!!!!
    i got my free copy from mill creek today too! SO excited to be a part of this!!! i got a little teary when i found me and my girls' names at the bottom of the "special thanks" list in the booklet. and, much as i'd hoped, we all three made it into the documentary. this is an awesome dream come true, and i can't wait to show it to the girls tomorrow! (i'm kevin, and my daughters are teela and kylie, with the shirts on with their names and saying "by the power of grayskull" toward the end of the doc.) they actually used a decent amount of mine i feel, given that it's only about 16 minutes, and so much is devoted to the mattel employees. there were parts i sent that i thought they would use that they didn't, and parts they did use i thought might not be, so go figure. lol. i actually think it's a pretty neat little 30th celebration documentary, and am again SO stoked that me and my little twins of power get to be a part of it! congrats to ALL of my fellow fans who also got to be a part of this... awesome guys! and yes, the packaging is pretty special and awesome! GREAT job, nate!! (LOVE the grayskull and the inside cover pic!)
    yay yay yay! (i'm happy.)

^ That's awesome Kevin, congratulations. I'm still waiting for my free copy but, as I'm in Canada, I can expect it to take a couple extra weeks to get here. Looking forward to seeing my name in the booklet

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Awesome Kevin
    Congratulations.
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

I thought the 30 years of MOTU documentary came together very nicely! It had a series of segments from interviews with Mattel employees sewn together with pieces from the fan video submissions. Congrats to all the fans who submitted videos! I really enjoyed it.

My set came in the mail (from K-Mart) yesterday--just in time for my birthday, as it happens!

I am very pleased with it. My computer's DVD player had problems with a few discs, but they worked fine in my regular DVD player.

The best part is I finally have a version of "The Region of Ice" I can watch all the way through (the Madman set has a problem with that episode, for some reason).
    Visit my blog!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monster View Post

The Monster,
    Nick
    As of the time of this posting, a couple of 3rd party sellers on Amazon (importcds and pbshopus) have the set marked for $58.37 and $58.38 respectively, each with shipping of $2.98, so the total will be just over $60. I can't personally vouge for either of these sellers as I've never bought anything from them to my recollection, but in general I've never had a problem ordering from 3rd party sellers on Amazon, and I'm assuming this is likely the same importcds that uaxuctum bought his set from. importcds also has a better overall rating then the other seller.

I would assume if you follow the amazon links here on he-man.org, it would still benefit the site if you were to order from a 3rd party seller.

I'm glad that I nabbed my set when I did when I found it early a couple weeks back at Frys for $53.99. I just checked their site, and they currently have it listed for $79.99, so I'm assuming that is what it would cost me in store to get it there now.

I'm not sure why this set is SO overpriced. I understand that it's a special commemorative set and the outer box is pretty fancy and the sword, soundtrack, etc are nice. But most of the DVDs aren't even newly authored.... all of 80s He-Man and 200X He-Man are just literally the exact same discs already available (all of which would only cost about $30 or so to currently obtain). Only the two NA discs and the documentary bonus disc are actually new.

Honestly even I feel that I overpaid a little for it. To me a price range of $40 - $50 would roughly be the sweet spot for something like this, when balancing out the nice packaging and extras with the fact that for most fans this is largely a redundant purchase. These $80 - $90 prices are just insane!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition

**Please only post links to online retailers in the marketplace forums. Thanks.**

SOUNDTRACK INCLUDED!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Adamant View Post
    ^ That's awesome Kevin, congratulations. Looking forward to seeing my name in the booklet
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    Awesome Kevin
    Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I thought the 30 years of MOTU documentary came together very nicely! Congrats to all the fans who submitted videos! I really enjoyed it.
    THANKS guys! as you can tell, i am very excited about it! watched it with the girls last night, and they too were SO excited to see daddy and themselves on the "he-man video." yay!
    and yeah adam, being on the special thanks list in the booklet is somehow an added cool bonus... just for there to be ANY list anywhere that starts with lou scheimer and erica scheimer and ends with my and my kids' names is incredible!
    again, congrats to everyone who's a part of this!

as for your comments about the disks, dynamo of eternia.... i'm not sure i undersand or agree... these discs are NOT the exact same disks as previous releases. they have a differing number of episodes per disk, and are missing the "orko's fun facts" and scenes selection segments, and also have some differing art printed on the disks... in my setup, i felt the video quality was the same as the BCI releases, with the exception of the first season of MYP, which looks better on this release. also, as an extreme aside... i think it's cool to finally have both parts 1 and 2 of "house of shokoti" on a single disk! lol.

A friend from here got it one , it's awesome . look the photos gallery on this link .http://www.motula.org/t5609p20-30th-...leccion#113033
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Glad to see this thread. My wife had ordered it on Amazon for me for my birthday/ Christmas, but she has now cancelled the order and purchased it for $46.46 cheaper at ImportCDs. Thanks for the info guys!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Received my copy from ImportCds on release day in perfect condition. Order away!

So I bought this mostly for the extras, because I have all the episodes. I didn't realize it only came with 20 episodes of NA. I'm not a fan of NA, but people who are get kinda screwed.

Does someone have a quality scan of the original Argentinian LP-cover? To compare with the homage-artwork on new CD?

Like most Mill Creek sets, I'm guessing it will drop significantly in price on Amazon in a few months. Other than the cardboard sleeves, it is a really cool set. I enjoy the artwork. The Castle Grayskull is pretty cool.

Mine came yesterday. I love this set.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Ok ok ok so mine did come from Importcds.com and the price was only like $48.00......

What ta steal..
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I ordered my set off of Sears website for just over $57 shipped.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Watching the new MotU - 30th Anniversary dvd collection. I got it for all the bonus and background stuff. The first disc containing documentary programs was unbearable to watch.
    It had waaaaaay too many clips of fans (who had nothing to do with the show) interspersed with the actual creators’ comments. Really annoying and really repetitive because other segments on the same disc contained the exact same fan comments and clips; re-used and recycled. Total filler and seemed to all be shot at the San Diego comic con.

I didn't notice anyone mentioning it, but the set is limited to 15000... what's everyone's number? Mine is 4364 of 15000.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Just got done watching the bonus disc last. I liked it alot.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app