Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Created Character: The Daughter of Skeletor!

Created Character: The Daughter of Skeletor!

Here's a fun collaborative MOTU project that I've been working on with my friend, Ren-Ra. After I told her about the proposed story of the Son of He-Man, and the more undefined Son of Skeletor, she felt like changing it around by introducing Keltra, the Daughter of Skeletor instead!

When she told me about her idea, I made this rough concept sketch...

Initially, I went with a raven-haired design because of Keldor's black hair but I liked Ren-Ra's version with blonde hair better. It gave Keltra some nice contrast by bringing in extra color, so I made this new sketch based on Ren-Ra's designs...

Here's my first finished drawing, colored by Ren-Ra...

Finally, I just made this for fun; A "cel" from the lost Filmation Episode 131 of He-Man, "The Daughter of Evil"!

Keltra is a fun character to work with and I'm still fleshing out her story. Hopefully, I'll have more illustrations to share soon...I hope you like the art and any feedback is appreciated, thanks for looking!

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool idea! Love the Filmation cel!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Very nice; I like the idea that Skeletor has a daughter! And she looks quite pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Very cool idea! Love the Filmation cel!
    Agreed! That's some crazy skill!

She's awesome; great ideas for an arch-nemesis for He-Man's son!
    Visit me at www.cjedwardsart.com

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshow View Post
    She's awesome; great ideas for an arch-nemesis for He-Man's son!
    I HAVE to agree 110%!!! You can just imagine the tricks she would use try to on Dare already just lookin at her illustrations!

...hmm, custom MOTUC female...
    Last edited by Replikor; September 19, 2012 at 10:23pm.

Very nice. I submitted a version of the son of Skeletor to the C-A-C contest.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Thanks, guys! I definitely envision Keltra being more than a handful for both Heroic and Evil Warriors alike, heheh! Here are a couple of quick, new sketches...Starting with Keltra discovering an old item that accessorizes her nicely, the Terror Claws!

Also, I can see her throwing one of those classic Filmation tandrums!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...hmm, custom MOTUC female...
    Actually, that's one of the first things that I thought about while working on Keltra. A shame that Illumina didn't win the Fan's Choice, she would've made an excellent base. Still, I have a rough idea for a suitable MOTUC base so I may try my hand at customizing my own figure later on!

Well, I got a few more Keltra illustrations that I wanted to share here! The first is a small series of concept portraits, when I was playing around with the idea of her with black hair...

Next, is another fun "Filmation" cel of Keltra spending some not-so-quality family time with her dad...

Finally, here's bratty Keltra acting like she owns Snake Mountain! I tried to give this illustration a Fantasy Art feel, I'll work on a colored version of this later on...

I hope you like them!

I have seen the Lou Scheimer concept from Evil-Lyn as his daughter.

But i must say "your own concept is cool too"
    really good work i hope you paint more from her!

I ask me how she looks with 1 pigtail / ponytail

Maybe a mix-version of Lou's Concept and your Concept ( I love the idea )
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; October 21, 2012 at 09:03am.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Very nice concepts , keep up the outstanding work!

Very cool! Nice work with the artwork!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really like this character! I love the Keltra laughing picture modelled on Evil-Lyn
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

A Few SoHM Additions!

Here are a couple more sketches, including some SoHM characters, like He-Ro...

Beast-Man and Keltra...

Keltra relaxing at Snake Mountain...

To me, the rumors of Man-at-Arms' death were greatly exaggerated...Hey, I liked the redesign they proposed for him and felt it would be a waste to not try it!

My ultimate goal would be to put together a SoHM mini-comic or two, done in the similar storybook style as the original vintage ones. Here are a couple of rough mock-ups of what I'm aiming for...

I have a quick question: Should the finalized mini-comic be posted here or in the fan-fic forum? Anyway, thanks again for looking...I'm having fun getting back into illustrating characters!

Heroic Warrior
    just now seeing thread.

I like the concept and the art.

Snappy Threader
    I love it. Very cool.

i wuld love her more as Castle-Grayskull-Men
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I have a quick question: Should the finalized mini-comic be posted here or in the fan-fic forum? Anyway, thanks again for looking...I'm having fun getting back into illustrating characters!
    I'm sure you can post the finalized mini-comic here on the fan-art forum - just like Danbrenus does.
    He also posts all pages of his mini-comic "The Triumph of Skeletor" in the same-titled fan-art section thread.

Great ilustrations!!!! Simply amazing. Now, you are all welcome to correct me if Im wrong, but I was under the impression that Evil Lyn conceived the child while Skeletor was still Keldor, so the child's feet should be the human-like feet.

Waiting to see more!!!!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    I'm sure you can post the finalized mini-comic here on the fan-art forum - just like Danbrenus does.
    He also posts all pages of his mini-comic "The Triumph of Skeletor" in the same-titled fan-art section thread.
    Thanks for the heads up, Sharella...I just saw Danbrenus' mini-comics and they are awesome. They are the perfect inspiration for me and I hope that I can put together something half as nice as them!

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Great ilustrations!!!! Simply amazing. Now, you are all welcome to correct me if Im wrong, but I was under the impression that Evil Lyn conceived the child while Skeletor was still Keldor, so the child's feet should be the human-like feet.

Waiting to see more!!!!
    Hmm, you bring up a good point! Personally, I like the way she looks with the demonic feet but how will this be explained in my story? I'll have to think about it. Keltra doesn't seemed too fussed about it, though, as she prepares for a devious encounter with Dare...

(Nail polish in Eternia?! Thinking about her feet just put me in a silly mood so I drew this for fun, heheh...I envisioned a mini-scene where Keltra explained to the Evil Warriors that she wanted to look her best for when she ripped out He-Ro's heart from his chest! )

Fantastic artwork as always! I thought perhaps I'd add in my original concept art of Keltra that I had made back when I first thought of her...

KeltraColorFlat.jpg

I had used an image of Teela as a base, I'd like to do some more artwork of her as well! Can't wait to see more of her

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I like the way she looks with the demonic feet but how will this be explained in my story?

Easy.

The daughter of Keldor gets merged with the daughter of Demo-Man.

Here's a fun collaborative MOTU project that I've been working on with my friend, Ren-Ra. After I told her about the proposed story of the Son of He-Man, and the more undefined Son of Skeletor, she felt like changing it around by introducing Keltra, the Daughter of Skeletor instead!

When she told me about her idea, I made this rough concept sketch...

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/6661/keltra00.jpg

Initially, I went with a raven-haired design because of Keldor's black hair but I liked Ren-Ra's version with blonde hair better. It gave Keltra some nice contrast by bringing in extra color, so I made this new sketch based on Ren-Ra's designs...

http://imageshack.us/a/img521/1753/keltra01x.jpg

Here's my first finished drawing, colored by Ren-Ra...

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/7990/keltra1x.jpg

Finally, I just made this for fun; A "cel" from the lost Filmation Episode 131 of He-Man, "The Daughter of Evil"!

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/809/keltra004x.jpg

Keltra is a fun character to work with and I'm still fleshing out her story. Hopefully, I'll have more illustrations to share soon...I hope you like the art and any feedback is appreciated, thanks for looking!

I absolutely love your edited animation cell, it looks really cool!

Years ago another orger created a fan character who was the daughter of Skeletor and Evil-Lyn. I believe her name was Mal-Lyss or Malice, something of that nature. She looked like Evil-Lyn in modified Skeletor armor. It was a very cool piece. Your choice to give her blond hair and blue skin gives her a real Filmation look.

If I could make 1 design suggestion, perhaps she could wear 1 bejeweled Terror Claw. You could also bejewel the Havoc staff with a third eye.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 2, 2012 at 01:38am.

Hey there, RenRa...I'm glad to see you here! I look forward to seeing all of your new artwork!

Heheh, Midor, the daughter of Demo-Man! Actually, Demo-Man figures into my story but in a different way...

Sky Breaker, I did some digging around and found that Mal-Lyss character design. She does look pretty cool and has a far more grisly backstory than Keltra! I like the idea of Keltra adding embellishments to the Terror Claws and some of her dad's old stuff. Just as long as she doesn't turn Snake Mountain pink!

I really like this one. I'd buy the figure.