Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Created Character: The Daughter of Skeletor!

For the Filmation style stuff, I'd say to cut down on the details of the outfit some to really give it the right look. We all know how characters would lose detail from the model sheet by the time they got animated.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Some 3D renders of Keltra!

Posing in front of snake mountain.....

And giving Skeletor a big hug! haha

ooo! Cool 3D images!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RenRa View Post
    Some 3D renders of Keltra!

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/6628/keltra.png

Posing in front of snake mountain.....

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/2209/daddy02.jpg

And giving Skeletor a big hug! haha

Nice.

They almost look real in the second picture.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    For the Filmation style stuff, I'd say to cut down on the details of the outfit some to really give it the right look. We all know how characters would lose detail from the model sheet by the time they got animated.
    That's a good point! I took a look back at some old Filmation model sheets and created a new one for Keltra. I tried to make her fit in with the Filmation style...

Here's another "cel" showing Keltra getting along with Panthor...I always wanted him to show up more often on the show!

RenRa, those 3D renders are awesome! My favorite one is the one where she's hugging her dad...Skeletor's expression is perfect. You just know Keltra is dangerous when the Evil Lord of Destruction himself can't handle her, heheh!

This character reminds me a little of another daughter of Skeletor, Kayle. I don't remember who created her, but she and Keltra are different enough that they could make an awesome pair of evil sisters, kind of like MOTU's own Regan and Goneril (or Lursa and B'etor for that matter). Great Filmation design here too BTW!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Work has kept me busy lately but I still keep brainstorming over the Keltra story. I keep going back and forth on some ideas but at least I have some more sketches to show, starting with a couple of new villains that RenRa created for the SoHM era. First, a shark man called Fin-Ishor and a gypsy-esque ghost girl called Hauntra...

Next are some rough doodles I made in an office notepad...Great use of company resources, huh?

Finally, a couple of new sketches of Keltra...

I hope you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This character reminds me a little of another daughter of Skeletor, Kayle. I don't remember who created her, but she and Keltra are different enough that they could make an awesome pair of evil sisters, kind of like MOTU's own Regan and Goneril (or Lursa and B'etor for that matter). Great Filmation design here too BTW!
    Thanks! I looked up Kayle and she's pretty cool...I started a new illustration of Keltra with Mal-Lyss and Kayle for fun. It's almost ready to be scanned in and posted, so stay tuned for that!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Very cool concept and art. Great job!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Looks good.
    Does Galactus fart?

Ok, here's the drawing I did of Keltra hanging out with her fellow "sisters"...As usual, she's being a brat about it, heheh!

Giving credit where it's due, here's the list of who's who in the pic, from left to right...
    1. Kayle, created by StarBlazerM31
    2. Mal-Lyss, created by Zvedafire
    3. Keltra, created by RenRa and me!

It was fun to draw the other "Daughters of Skeletor", I hope you like this!

Yeah-cool! I like it...
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Quote Originally Posted by RenRa View Post
    Fantastic artwork as always! I thought perhaps I'd add in my original concept art of Keltra that I had made back when I first thought of her...

Attachment 80681

I had used an image of Teela as a base, I'd like to do some more artwork of her as well! Can't wait to see more of her
    She looks incredible. I love your design choices. She looks like she just fell off of the TV screen.

I was looking at your artwork and it dawned on me, what if Skeletor's daughter turns out to be a good guy. Like maybe she started out being trained by say Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and maybe even Count Marzo but the good showed through and she joins He-Man, or his son depending on the timeline, to try and restore the name of Keldor as a good guy. A Princess of Eternia. Adora has shown that a Princess of Eternia is always a Princess no matter how she starts out.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    She looks incredible. I love your design choices. She looks like she just fell off of the TV screen.
    Thanks, it's fun to play around with different styles, especially Filmation!

I was looking at your artwork and it dawned on me, what if Skeletor's daughter turns out to be a good guy. Like maybe she started out being trained by say Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and maybe even Count Marzo but the good showed through and she joins He-Man, or his son depending on the timeline, to try and restore the name of Keldor as a good guy. A Princess of Eternia. Adora has shown that a Princess of Eternia is always a Princess no matter how she starts out.
    Keltra being good?! Well, she does share a lot of her father's traits and one big thing is that she's definitely independent and wants to do things her way. It's quite possible that she would work with the Masters sometimes...But not without her own ulterior motives. I could see her playing nice just to rebel against her dad!

Ok, here's a new redesign that I wanted to share here...Kay-La!

The original series bible showed her with pale skin, white hair, and described her as Man-at-Arms' niece. I liked the sketch and overall design but felt her color scheme didn't quite work, so I played with the idea of her still being related to Man-at-Arms...But this time MAA being Clamp Champ! As I reworked the costume details, I was kinda surprised at how similar her armor design was to his. I felt that giving her dark skin would bring out a nicer contrast in her color scheme. I showed this new design to RenRa, who usually prefers creating new characters, and she liked how Kay-La came out. So Kay-La, whom I feel is an essential part of the SoHM era, will still be around to help Dare!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i hope to see her in classics. i love the character, and i love the look of Fork Lift as well they would both fit well.

Here's another new redesign...This time, it's Evil Lyn!

She's an essential part of the Evil Warriors but I really didn't like how she was shown and described in the Son of He-Man series bible. While Evil Lyn could have her seductive charms, she was never such an outright sex symbol. I haven't read her digital comic and I'm not so opposed to her using seduction as a weapon...But in this era, she's gotta be at least three times He-Ro's age! Add to the fact that Dare himself is barely supposed to be a teenager and I just feel that this character dynamic is more disturbing than anything else. To me, sexual tension existing between Keltra & He-Ro makes more sense because they're closer to being the same age. So I did some tweaking with Evil Lyn's character and concept art.

I noticed a crystalline theme to her SoHM design and incorporated it here, along with some other elements of her past incarnations. Last we heard, she had lost her magical powers after the Second Ultimate Battleground so it seemed reasonable that she'd adorn herself with as many magical gems as possible to boost her magic back to normal. This also could be used to keep her looking youthful and beautiful...Magic is the ultimate Botox, heheh! She's still dressed a bit more revealing than normal (At least it's not that impossible Vampirella-esque outfit!)...But I do have a reason for that!

Well, I hope you like this redesign!

! Super neat! I like it a lots

Love the idea of Keltra. If all works out I think I'll make a custom of her in MOTUC for fun (she'd be perfect to have battling against my custom Dare as He-Ro figure!). I hope the mini-comic has gone further than just the cover shown. I'd love to see what became of it!
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

if we EVER get an Illumina figure in classics I am SO going to buy two of her just so I can make a Keltra for my He-Ro son of He-Man section in my shelves

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    if we EVER get an Illumina figure in classics I am SO going to buy two of her just so I can make a Keltra for my He-Ro son of He-Man section in my shelves
    Great idea, and let us see when you do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    Love the idea of Keltra. If all works out I think I'll make a custom of her in MOTUC for fun (she'd be perfect to have battling against my custom Dare as He-Ro figure!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I would love to see Keltra customs! I really appreciate that you guys want her in your SoHM displays. Now that I got King He-Man, I'm also excited to have a custom Keltra for my collection. I talked with RenRa and she may be working on one this week!

Hmm, y'know...Shokoti is coming out soon in September...And it wouldn't so bad to have extra Dark Minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    I hope the mini-comic has gone further than just the cover shown. I'd love to see what became of it!
    Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this story! I'm insanely busy this quarter, so I haven't had much time for drawing but I've been writing a lot of the story out. If anything, I've gotten to the point where I've got more story than I can handle immediately...Maybe I should plan for a monthly comic! I have to give props to Val Staples, Wellington Alves, and anyone who works with comics. It's a lot of work and I'm really impressed with how much story the mini-comics team were able to pack in only 8-12 pages!

For now, here are some new illustrations and ideas. First, here's a finished Keltra illustration, beautifully colored by RenRa:

While I originally planned to do a storybook style comic, like the original four vintage mini-comics, I'm very tempted to do stories in a traditional comic format. I'll probably only do rough storyboards, like this one that includes Strobos...

Finally, here's another illustration that I was working on. He-Ro will have his hands full with Keltra's quests for power, which will take her throughout Eternia...And even to Etheria and beyond. One thing I'd like to do is explore different facets of the MOTU universe and have some surprise appearances, like Strobos, Mighty Spector, Prison Starr, and a few other surprises!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I would love to see Keltra customs! I really appreciate that you guys want her in your SoHM displays. Now that I got King He-Man, I'm also excited to have a custom Keltra for my collection. I talked with RenRa and she may be working on one this week!

Hmm, y'know...Shokoti is coming out soon in September...And it wouldn't so bad to have extra Dark Minions...

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this story! I'm insanely busy this quarter, so I haven't had much time for drawing but I've been writing a lot of the story out. If anything, I've gotten to the point where I've got more story than I can handle immediately...Maybe I should plan for a monthly comic! I have to give props to Val Staples, Wellington Alves, and anyone who works with comics. It's a lot of work and I'm really impressed with how much story the mini-comics team were able to pack in only 8-12 pages!

For now, here are some new illustrations and ideas. First, here's a finished Keltra illustration, beautifully colored by RenRa:

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/3993/keltra14.jpg

While I originally planned to do a storybook style comic, like the original four vintage mini-comics, I'm very tempted to do stories in a traditional comic format. I'll probably only do rough storyboards, like this one that includes Strobos...

http://imageshack.us/a/img441/3756/keltra15.jpg

Finally, here's another illustration that I was working on. He-Ro will have his hands full with Keltra's quests for power, which will take her throughout Eternia...And even to Etheria and beyond. One thing I'd like to do is explore different facets of the MOTU universe and have some surprise appearances, like Strobos, Mighty Spector, Prison Starr, and a few other surprises!

http://imageshack.us/a/img199/6967/keltra16.jpg
    I love these images, you should get us a custom Keltra mini comic made bud! I would LOVE to see more artwork of her in a mini comic!

8.jpg

Another quick Keltra fan-art!

And colored versions of MicroMan's artwork!

With these I tried a different coloring method, I think they came out nice!

Heroic Warrior
    Love the ideal of Keltra. I also like your your redo of Kay-La as Clamp Champ's niece great art work