Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Created Character: The Daughter of Skeletor!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    While I originally planned to do a storybook style comic, like the original four vintage mini-comics, I'm very tempted to do stories in a traditional comic format. I'll probably only do rough storyboards, like this one that includes Strobos...
    Storyboarded or colored, I'd still love to read it. I'm sure it'd be awesome. Maybe if you need help with time, you can do do like Daniel Benedict did & got outside help to make a Castle Grayskullman comic.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

I think Keltra is fantastic. Some time back I happened across this thread through a google search. And I was hooked. In fact, I loved it enough to make a figure of her. And from her, spawned my own custom 3 3/4 inch MoTU universe. Keep up the great work.

Yikes, it's been months since I posted anything! Both Ren-Ra and I have been pretty busy and unable to do much collaboration lately but I haven't stopped sketching Keltra art. I promise I'll scan new artwork to show soon!

For now, here's the rest of that storyboard of Keltra's encounter with Strobo. I meant to post this long ago but Ren-Ra really wanted to color it before she got super busy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it...It's a random chapter that falls somewhere in the middle of my story but it was fun to work on, so I kept coming back to this scene...

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Speck View Post
    I think Keltra is fantastic. Some time back I happened across this thread through a google search. And I was hooked. In fact, I loved it enough to make a figure of her. And from her, spawned my own custom 3 3/4 inch MoTU universe. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, I appreciate that! Wow, custom 3 3/4 MOTU figures sound very cool. I'd love to see your Keltra custom, I'm flattered that you made one. That reminds me, Ren-Ra also made a cool MOTUC custom of Keltra...I should post that in the customs section too!

Thanks again for the kind words, Titan Speck!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Great work. Is Keltra supposed to be more powerful than Evil Lyn? It seems that way with her noticing the intruder first.

And I put up my custom in the custom area. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stom-MOTUverse

I hope you like her. I would also like to eventually make a figure of Hauntra, your Kay La, and your future Man At Arms if both you and RenRa wouldn't mind.

Great work. Is Keltra supposed to be more powerful than Evil Lyn? It seems that way with her noticing the intruder first.
    Good eye! While Ketra's a naturally gifted magic-user, considering who her parents are, I'm also taking some liberties with the MOTUC canon and portraying Evil Lyn during the SoHM era in her weakened state following the events of the Second Ultimate Battleground. Seriously de-powered, Evil Lyn now relies on magical amulets and talismans as a crutch while she plots to restore herself to her former glory. Keltra, much like her father, keeps a close eye on her, though!

And I put up my custom in the custom area. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stom-MOTUverse

I hope you like her. I would also like to eventually make a figure of Hauntra, your Kay La, and your future Man At Arms if both you and RenRa wouldn't mind.
    I saw your customs and they look cool! I'll post in your topic soon, I really liked how your MOTU figures came out and would definitely like to see you make custom versions of Hauntra, Kay-La, and MAA. Ren-Ra and I don't mind at all that you want to make them...Rather, we're pretty honored!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Well, to commemorate a year since Ren-Ra and I created Keltra, I'm posting some of the latest artwork that I've been working on! I also posted a custom MOTUC Keltra in the customs forum. First up, a redesign of an important character to the mythos...The Son of He-Man, He-Ro!

Another character that I enjoy sketching is Beast Man. I tried to make him look older and more savage, as if he's reverting back to the original mini-comic Red Beast version over time...

Another old character that makes a return is Sharella, the Green Goddess. As she is the traditional trainer of He-Men, she will be a mentor to Dare/He-Ro...

Here are a couple of random scenes, starting with He-Ro finding himself in a delicate situation with an over-protective Panthor!

And this is a quick illustration I made of Keltra at the gates of Snake Mountain. What secret chamber did she find now?

As I sketch more Keltra stuff, I can't resist drawing good old bone face himself, Skeletor...

Finally, I was in a silly mood when I drew this twistedly tender father/daughter moment, heheh!

I hope you like the new art!

Such great work! I especially like that Beast man. And that Skeletor appears to have the slightest of soft spots for Keltra.

Hmm, I like Keltra. She seems a lot more interesting than Skeleteen and she might have hidden feelings for Dare. Well, in a sort of love/hate relationship.

Just discovered this thread! Keep up the great work. it's amazing, and fits so well into the MOTUniverse!!
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

Thanks, guys, for the cool comments!

Such great work! I especially like that Beast man. And that Skeletor appears to have the slightest of soft spots for Keltra.
    Heheh, it's a lot of fun to sketch out random father/daughter with Skeletor and Keltra!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Hmm, I like Keltra. She seems a lot more interesting than Skeleteen and she might have hidden feelings for Dare. Well, in a sort of love/hate relationship.
    Yeah, I also see a complex love/hate relationship with He-Ro/Dare, which I agree sounds a lot more interesting to me than Skeleteen. Ren-Ra did a wonderful job creating this character!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskullian View Post
    Just discovered this thread! Keep up the great work. it's amazing, and fits so well into the MOTUniverse!!
    Thanks, I appreciate it...I really wanted Keltra to seem like she fits in with MOTU world. I haven't had as much time to do new illustrations but I should make it my New Year's Resolution to make more Keltra artwork!

For now, here are some unfinished sketches that I forgot to scan earlier...Starting with a quick sketch of He-Ro and Kay-La:

I also did some sketches of Keltra at Snake Mountain...

Here's Keltra being lazy and cuddly with Panthor...

And here she is, trying to sneak away with the Golden Disks of Knowledge!

Here, Keltra gets the upper hand over the Mighty Spector, only to find herself in an awkward situation, heheh...

And finally, here's Keltra trying to use her seductive charms on He-Ro...Will the new champion of Eternia be able to resist?

I hope you enjoy the new art!

Do you see Keltra as having more martial abilities to equal her sorcery? I think it's an option you have to add to the character unless it's something you specifically don't want. I've seen her posed with a power sword and with that awesome claw weapon. Just curious, good work btw! Enjoying the progress of this daughter of "eeeeeeeeeeVILL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Genyosha View Post
    Do you see Keltra as having more martial abilities to equal her sorcery?
    Yes, I envision Keltra as someone trying to embrace the best of both worlds (Sword & Sorcery) in order to have an edge over anyone. Her mother, Evil Lyn, is a good example of how a magic-user can be rendered powerless after the events of the Second Ultimate Battleground. While naturally gifted in magic, Keltra feels that complete reliance on it can be a weakness. That's why I like showing her revisit some of her dad's old tek, like the Terror Claws or the Battle Armor!

So even though Evil Lyn is still focused entirely of magic, I see Skeletor being more of a role model for Keltra, as far as combat abilities are concerned. The 200X series showed that Keldor was a well trained warrior before turning to magic and Keltra is intrigued by this. She recognizes the merits of being proficient with a weapon but, of course, Evil Lyn strongly objects to her taking up arms.

BTW, here are a couple of unfinished sketches of Keltra in combat poses...

Thanks for the encouragement...I really need to go back to my sketchbook and start working on some new scenes and artwork!

I think these last few poses answer my question. It's perfectly reasonable for her to pursue both paths to Mastery of the Universe. It is her heritage! Good job, love the new sketches.

it's a matter of preference and not critique that I like seeing her fighting prowess. I think I also can see a kind of discipline passed on by Evil-lyn at least genetically. Anyway, keep up the good work.

I just wanted to say I absolutely love this character, and would love a figure of her. Miles better idea of an enemy for He-Ro than Skeleteen.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    This a great idea for a character. I would like to see Skeletor have twins, a boy and girl.
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by zatoichi View Post
    I just wanted to say I absolutely love this character, and would love a figure of her. Miles better idea of an enemy for He-Ro than Skeleteen.
    Thanks, I really appreciate seeing Keltra getting more love than Skeleteen!

I also loved the idea of Keltra getting her own MOTUC figure and my great friend Ren-Ra made this for me...

The cool thing is that we're in the works of making an improved Keltra custom later on, I just got all the parts to make her!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    This a great idea for a character. I would like to see Skeletor have twins, a boy and girl.
    Evil twins does sound interesting...As long as it's not Skeleteen...

Heheh, this was something silly I drew a while ago!

Heroic Warrior
    ah, I do like Keltra, that custom is great too - I'd buy a Keltra Classics figure
    Incidentally I don't particularly mind Skeleteen

Oh...and now he has made the custom! Looks good!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    That translates well into plastic. Yeah I'm so hoping the Son of Skeletor mentioned in the bios does not turn out to be Skeleteen
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.