Thread: Matty forums....

Heroic Warrior

Matty forums....

Hello!
    Just curious; is anyone else no longer able to view the Matty Forums unless you're a member?
    I used to be able to just go and read the posts without actually joining, but it looks like that's no longer the case?

Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I noticed that a few days ago. I'd like to be able to view the forums without having to join them. I don't see the point of having to be a member to view them.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Requiring a log-in helps prevents bot software from scanning the forums for information. Not sure why MattyCollector would be concerned with that though.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Snappy Threader
    I never signed up on Matty, and I have no desire to do so now. In fact, I can't think of any other forum other than the org that I am active on. Unelss it's old and I have forgotten....well, or maybe I'm old and forgot.....

I was only on a couple times during the beginning. I have no interest in the boards over there. Members of both always post the information on the ORG as well so what is the point.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Hey guys,

Some comments had to be removed. Before things get too far off topic, please keep comments constructive, and avoid insults aimed at Matty's forums, their users or the moderators over there. If you have a problem or concern with a user or mod on another forum, please contact them directly. Thanks!

^^^ I mirror the post above. Let's not air dirty laundry here.

As far as Matty turning off visibility to guests, I know the Hot Wheels Collector forums have been like that for years. So it could be a privacy policy thing they decided to implement similar what Kowl described. But I'm just taking a shot in the dark. *shrugs*

This new policy is a bit annoying thatīs true but since i am a member i can at least log in...
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

I have attempted to register with several e-mails, several times this week. I get the activation e-mail, no issue, this is typical with forums nowadays. Then once I activated it, I attempt to log in and it states waiting for approval, also understood with all the bott issues nowadays. After several hours I try to log in again to check if I'm approved and it states user log in error, so I try to retrieve password and my e-mail is no longer recognized. So I register again. Seems like I keep being denied or their is a bug they do not know about. Also, there is no method of contact for a guest having issues, or at least no method I could find.

- - - Updated - - -

Still can't register

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I have attempted to register with several e-mails, several times this week. I get the activation e-mail, no issue, this is typical with forums nowadays. Then once I activated it, I attempt to log in and it states waiting for approval, also understood with all the bott issues nowadays. After several hours I try to log in again to check if I'm approved and it states user log in error, so I try to retrieve password and my e-mail is no longer recognized. So I register again. Seems like I keep being denied or their is a bug they do not know about. Also, there is no method of contact for a guest having issues, or at least no method I could find.

- - - Updated - - -

Still can't register
    Schrodinger's Forum.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Do people still post there on a regular basis? I only ever go on the Ask Matty forum.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not really sure why they would do that on an e-tail site. I peruse a lot of sites I'm not a member of just to glean information on what's coming up. I'd think that, especially with the "Ask Matty" forum there with answers to what would likely be frequently asked questions, they'd see it as a plus to have the casual viewer poke around.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'll see if I can find out from Scott why it is closed. Or if someone else finds out, please let me know so I can post it here as an update.

In the mean time, if anyone has inquiries for Matty's mods or forums, you may want to try their Contact section, and pick "Other" for the reason to contact them. It's best to go straight to the source for answers about their community. Forum matters are obviously not store-related, but they don't seem to have any other means to contact them than that so that's what I'd suggest.

You could also try the Mattel Customer Relations number they have provided, but I can't guarantee that will help. I suppose it's worth a shot! 800-524-TOYS