Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

Hybrid View

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

I don't got the issue yet, but it looks like some of you have ...(I'm looking at you PaTrIcKfOgArTy ).

This might be a good place for all spoilers relating to the issue and storyline, so I'll just spoiler below what you said in the other thread, and we can get discussing!

The comic is cool - lots of characters featured, but basically He-Man, She-Ra and crew team up with Skeletor and his evil warriors to take on Hordak and Hiss. Clamp Champ is the one who kills Man-At-Arms, and NA Skeletor makes his debut! Also, yellow skin Evil Lyn appears to be on either Hordak's or Hiss's side - fighting Skeletor. So much more but it is pretty cool - LOTS of eye candy!

Glad to hear about the

NA connection with NA Skeletor I knew he'd be featured somehow to tie the CLASSIC and NA eras together!!!! Was there any other NA references in there?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Just read issue 3 and I must admit, it was awesome! The best of the three and a great conclusion to Ultimate Battleground II. Many things were revealed in this issue, PoP fans will be delighted, I sure was. I love pages 2-3 So epically drawn, great job by Wellington!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I would love to have some input on the comic, but it's been 4 days and my shipment is still in CA. Pathetic
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yes spoil away
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have been waiting for this thread! Let's hear all the juicy details!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

The title says spoilers so I dont know if I need to use the tag or not.

Anyway on with the questions...

Is there a reason HM & Skelly are in the flying fist & terror claws outfits?

Does Skeletor undergo a transformation to resemble his Dragon Blaster self?

Do any of his NA minions show up?

Does Teela have a new Sorceress outfit other than the robe?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Just finished reading the 3rd issue.

Starts off with He-Man back in the present, going to be working with Skeletor and the Rebellion against the Horde and Snake-Men. Mekanek and MAA are both in snake form.

No explanation for the flying fists or terror claws out fits. The good guys are joined by Randor and Miro during the battle. Zodac seems to be coming in with them, as well as Buzz-Off, Stratos, Dactus, Carnivorous and the Whiplash king guy.

Snake MAA is killed, Teela takes Evilyn's powers from her and Orko uses a spell to beat the snake-men.

Skeletor gets his havok staff back from Hsssss and goes turns on He-Man and She-Ra and goes 1 on 1 with Hordak. Hordak turns to buzz saw form and puts Skeletor down.

Skeletor uses the techno organic virus to heal himself turning into NA Skeletor and takes of to conquer the entire universe.

It ends with Flip-Shot and Hydron arriving saying they need help with defeating Skeletor. She-Ra and He-Man get in their ship and take off for "new adventures"

J
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; September 19, 2012 at 06:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    TC Skeletor didn't come with a gun, but he had this hinged dragon skull thing. It made a really cool chomping motion when you did his action feature. I can see how that accessory could be interpreted as a gun, but it makes more sense as what it was.

Can someone please describe Miro's appearance?
    He has the item you're describing on his back, but he also is using a ray gun that looks to be cobbled from flesh and bone. I like it.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's the Great Black Wizard
    Scott.. I want to see more of this guy.. he looks kinda frickin' cool. If he's as sword and sorcery as that little picture makes him seem to be, I would more than likely jump all over this figure!

He reminds me of an old plastic miniature from the Hero Quest game! I think it was a necromancer or sorcerer!
    It's definitely the Chaos Warlock from
    Hero Quest...down to the ball between the horns on the helmet!

Finally got my figures today & I was very pleased with the comic, it was action packed & included a ton of characters but also left me with more questions (most of which has already been mentioned here...) Skeletor took the prize for the coolest. I also liked Teela getting in on the action by having her BG look under the hood. Also characters like Saurod, Frosta, Glimmer, Dittstroyer, Scare Glow, Photog, Draego, Zodac, Red Beast, etc. were all nice surprises to see squeezed in every once of illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Ranks along Storms line in the X-men film "do you want to know what happens when a Toad gets hit by lightning? Same as everything else"
    One of the worst lines in Movie History imho.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I loved this issue, the all out brawl was something I've wanted to see for 30 years. However, I'm ****** at the fact that mechaneck was also a snakeman too, I knew about Duncan but nobody said nothing about the neck man. Still a very good issue and I loved getting mini comics again.

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I loved this issue, the all out brawl was something I've wanted to see for 30 years. However, I'm ****** at the fact that mechaneck was also a snakeman too, I knew about Duncan but nobody said nothing about the neck man. Still a very good issue and I loved getting mini comics again.
    Once a Snake always a snake I believe King Hsss said in the episode 40 comic.

Again i'm reading excuses as to why Duncan has to die blah blah we CAN NOT truly gage in one page what horrors and terror MAA raged upon the Eternia during his time as SMAA.
    Last edited by Coptur; September 26, 2012 at 11:31am.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Yeah I too wonder if the spell of seperation affected Mekaneck and turned him back, if Man-At-Arms could be saved (hopefully he is my fav) and if the spell turned Two Bad back to normal......

Awesome issue I love how everything was tied up in the end. The splash page of the battle was a fanboys wetdream come true. They even had Double Trouble and Saurod in the mix(I really hope we get figures of these 2). Makes me wonder if we are going to get Terror Claws and Flying Fists variants. Man this line has to last I would love to get all the characters that were included in the massive final battle scene. It is truly amazing to count off all the ones we have gotten so far.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Once a Snake always a snake I believe King Hsss said in the episode 40 comic.
    yeah, something like that. once a snake man always a snake man. this was the unfinished myp cartoon second season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Awesome issue I love how everything was tied up in the end. The splash page of the battle was a fanboys wetdream come true. They even had Double Trouble and Saurod in the mix(I really hope we get figures of these 2). Makes me wonder if we are going to get Terror Claws and Flying Fists variants. Man this line has to last I would love to get all the characters that were included in the massive final battle scene. It is truly amazing to count off all the ones we have gotten so far.
    yeah, no kidding. I must have them all! specially Evil Seed, Prahvus, Miro & the others.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

We know everyone is excited to read these, but we respect people's copyrights and requesting scans of the current mini-comics are not allowed. Thanks for understanding!

Skeletlors NA look is freaking perfect!! If his figure turned out like that, he'll be amazing.

Loved Faker driving the Landshark!

It looks like the FFM character used elements from He-Mikes custom. Probably easier to name characters not in it.

Anyone find out who some of the other unnamed characters were like the four arm robot?

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, did you read my mind. Exactly my thoughts. Some things I can not buy. People turning into snakemen indiscriminately makes no sense. Why kill anyone? Just turn everyone into a snake man. Now what does make sense is that the magical item that can do it requires time to recharge like say a year. In my mind, altering the basic core of a life source is difficult thus more time and magical power.
    2. Time travel never works in any story. It's not that I hate Spector just the ideas invoking time travel. If something doesn't work just go back further in time. Why bring spell of separation to present? Use it in past to stop them sooner and prevent death.
    3. How does hordak kill He-ro with one blast but not anyone else?
    Overall a great fast paced story just my little pet peeves.

Update: referring to Barezz's comments
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R

Quote Originally Posted by DarrkKnight View Post
    Time travel never works in any story. It's not that I hate Spector just the ideas invoking time travel. If something doesn't work just go back further in time. Why bring spell of separation to present? Use it in past to stop them sooner and prevent death.
    I want to say this is a famous quote/paraphrase from a science fiction writer, but I can't come up with a name to attach to this at all. Nevertheless, it has been said that the worst thing an author can do is give his character(s) control over time travel. There will always be inconsistencies and a better way to resolve events.
    Wolfman Jake

Is this Calix from the 3rd mini comic?

I originally thought it was Calix from the 200x series but the more i look at him,he looks off i guess. And he died during the great wars so was he resurrected? Or is he one of the new characters that have popped up on this page specifically. SnowThief? What do you guys think?calixx.jpg
    Last edited by facet; April 23, 2013 at 12:30pm.

Maybe it's the mummy guy or a tiny Staypuft that joined the horde.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

its the horde mummy-

I canīt find it right now but iīm pretty sure it was confirmed that thatīs Calix.

Iīll keep on searching the forum!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    I always assumed that was Calix.

I think he looks more like the marshmallow man from ghostbusters Anyway he was supposed to be killed by Hordak in the MYP cartoon, but the new minicomics and the bios are a whole different universe. I mean they share the same base but we don't know if they are going to keep such details. We will have to wait until we see Calix's bio.
    Also Calix could be an elemental being and may be he can not be killed. Hordak might have done this as a punishment or something, or he could resurrect him easily. keep reading the bios!