Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

I don't got the issue yet, but it looks like some of you have ...(I'm looking at you PaTrIcKfOgArTy ).

This might be a good place for all spoilers relating to the issue and storyline, so I'll just spoiler below what you said in the other thread, and we can get discussing!

The comic is cool - lots of characters featured, but basically He-Man, She-Ra and crew team up with Skeletor and his evil warriors to take on Hordak and Hiss. Clamp Champ is the one who kills Man-At-Arms, and NA Skeletor makes his debut! Also, yellow skin Evil Lyn appears to be on either Hordak's or Hiss's side - fighting Skeletor. So much more but it is pretty cool - LOTS of eye candy!

Glad to hear about the

NA connection with NA Skeletor I knew he'd be featured somehow to tie the CLASSIC and NA eras together!!!! Was there any other NA references in there?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Just read issue 3 and I must admit, it was awesome! The best of the three and a great conclusion to Ultimate Battleground II. Many things were revealed in this issue, PoP fans will be delighted, I sure was. I love pages 2-3 So epically drawn, great job by Wellington!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I would love to have some input on the comic, but it's been 4 days and my shipment is still in CA. Pathetic
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yes spoil away
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have been waiting for this thread! Let's hear all the juicy details!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

The title says spoilers so I dont know if I need to use the tag or not.

Anyway on with the questions...

Is there a reason HM & Skelly are in the flying fist & terror claws outfits?

Does Skeletor undergo a transformation to resemble his Dragon Blaster self?

Do any of his NA minions show up?

Does Teela have a new Sorceress outfit other than the robe?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Just finished reading the 3rd issue.

Starts off with He-Man back in the present, going to be working with Skeletor and the Rebellion against the Horde and Snake-Men. Mekanek and MAA are both in snake form.

No explanation for the flying fists or terror claws out fits. The good guys are joined by Randor and Miro during the battle. Zodac seems to be coming in with them, as well as Buzz-Off, Stratos, Dactus, Carnivorous and the Whiplash king guy.

Snake MAA is killed, Teela takes Evilyn's powers from her and Orko uses a spell to beat the snake-men.

Skeletor gets his havok staff back from Hsssss and goes turns on He-Man and She-Ra and goes 1 on 1 with Hordak. Hordak turns to buzz saw form and puts Skeletor down.

Skeletor uses the techno organic virus to heal himself turning into NA Skeletor and takes of to conquer the entire universe.

It ends with Flip-Shot and Hydron arriving saying they need help with defeating Skeletor. She-Ra and He-Man get in their ship and take off for "new adventures"

J
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; September 19, 2012 at 07:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post

It ends with Flip-Shot and some other guy, don't know NA that well wearing green with a kinda underwater breathing helmet on, and says they need help with defeating Skeletor. She-Ra and He-Man get in their ship and take off for "new adventures"

J
    FINALLY!!!!! A year ago, I made a post saying this is EXACTLY how the last page would be...but the thread got deleted! I'm gonna see if Val still has the thread on record!!!!
    (course, I did think the comic would come with NA Skeletor/not Dragon Blaster...and that Mighty Spector would bring flipshot and HYdron, but nontheless i am finally VALIDATED!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; September 19, 2012 at 07:52pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    FINALLY!!!!! A year ago, I made a post saying this is EXACTLY how the last page would be...but the thread got deleted! I'm gonna see if Val still has the thread on record!!!!
    (course, I did think the comic would come with NA Skeletor/not Dragon Blaster...and that Mighty Spector would bring flipshot and HYdron, but nontheless i am finally VALIDATED!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!)

Do you do lottery numbers?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Do you do lottery numbers?
    To be fair, I've made loads of predictions about MOTUC stuff in the past...and this is the only one that actually turned out accurate
    MOTUC WISH LIST

What should get POP fans so excited? Is Glimmer there?!

I think Glimmer is mutilated by all the vintage characters on the last panel.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Sorry to bug those of you who already have the book, but I would love to see a list of characters who make an appearance in this issue please...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I think Glimmer is mutilated by all the vintage characters on the last panel.
    And then Sweet Bee lands her giant space ship on all of them and melts their black plastic bodies!! Ha!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Sorry to bug those of you who already have the book, but I would love to see a list of characters who make an appearance in this issue please...
    Nearly every character comes out in this issue. You'll get to see them in background shots during the battle scenes. Its easier to ask who doesn't come out in this issue Lol The Great Rebellion are shown in those backgrounds and in a few close-ups too, all the main ones, even the Star Sisters! She-Ra gets her due in this issue which I do like. A cool surprise was seeing that Marzo, Prahvus, Evil Seed, Gygor and Evil-Lyn all sided with Hordak & Hsss. Also that

Mekaneck
    was a Snake Man as well here, so he becomes a casualty in this story.

Wow!! Can't wait to get mine. Did they pull off the final defeat of the snake men?

Did Teela have her robe on? Or a new costume?

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Wow!! Can't wait to get mine. Did they pull off the final defeat of the snake men?

Did Teela have her robe on? Or a new costume?
    1) Yes. it was fairly quick but this is a mini-comic which was still done pretty good.
    2) Robe inside Castle Grayskull and Metal bikini in battle

Does evil seed have his filmation or 200x look?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Does evil seed have his filmation or 200x look?
    200x look (he's in the background and barely noticeable though) would have liked him to have been drawn with more of a presence in battle.

Count Judas, thank you very very much for the info! I can't wait for my figures to arrive. I haven't been opening my figures lately, but DB Skeletor will be opened the second he arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Nearly every character comes out in this issue. You'll get to see them in background shots during the battle scenes. Its easier to ask who doesn't come out in this issue Lol The Great Rebellion are shown in those backgrounds and in a few close-ups too, all the main ones, even the Star Sisters! She-Ra gets her due in this issue which I do like. A cool surprise was seeing that Marzo, Prahvus, Evil Seed, Gygor and Evil-Lyn all sided with Hordak & Hsss. Also that was a Snake Man as well here, so he becomes a casualty in this story.
    Oh interesting.

SOunds very interesting, though the huge NA fan in me is rather annoyed by how much of that era has been rewritten. Also, I'm surprised that they didn't incorporate He-Man's and Skeletor laser versions at all.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

A lot of interesting things are going on in this mini comics.

The plot was nice, a little bit rushed of course but there had to be so many things put into this comics and it is the best of the three if you ask me.

Itīs difficult to say what really happens to the Horde and what effect the spell really has on the Snakemen? Hordak seems to be weakend by Skeletor but itīs not really clear if he is dead or trapped again?

King Randor, King Miro, Carnivous, Lord Dactys, the Kulatak, the bee people, Ceratus and his people, Zodak and Stratos and his folks for the rescue in one epic panel was awesome, plus is there the red beast concept art character beside them? That was a surprise to me!?!

A very active fighting Entrapta is shown in one of the background panels and it seems she was very golden/yellowish.

Adam and Adora calling themselves by their names while shown as "He-Man and She-Ra" in the end of the comic was nice.

And itīs true itīs easier to tell who is not making a cameo in this issue, i pointing out who i thought was missing:

Queen Angela, she is not seen anywhere but someone has to stay behind at Etheria i guess, no Madame Razz/Broom, no Spinerella, no Clawdeen, no Shadow Weaver and thatīs really odd if you ask me.

As a side note, i think not one FILMATION character is shown in this mini comic and the Rotor Pilot from the Fighting Foe Men is shown twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    200x look (he's in the background and barely noticeable though) would have liked him to have been drawn with more of a presence in battle.
    Dissapointing.

It was awesome! I really enjoyed this--sure, there are a few things I could nit-pick over (but only a few), but I had such a good time reading it that I won't. And for the record, I thought the first one was pretty good and that the second was quite bad, so this was a very pleasant surprise!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.