Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Skeletor's nifty Bone Blaster..!
    Best. Weapon name. Ever.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Why thank you, kind sir.

I'm really hoping the Horsemen whip one of these bad boys up for TC Skeletor or as a hidden bonus accessory somewhere.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Actually in the first issue, Skeletor leaves modern day for all of the power that lies in Preternia, since Randor AND Miro are back and his powers are diminished. After that Second Ultimate Battleground, although Hordak and Hsss are gone, Skeletor now has to deal with He-Man and an undistracted She-Ra, as well as Randor, Miro and the other united kingdoms. All of his enemies are now unified...they took out Evil-Lyn, Hordak and Hsss. It's only a matter of time before Skeletor gets taken out too! So I guess Skeletor would rather raise an army of Space Mutants, take on Horde Prime and rule the Horde Empire than take on all of these heroes and lose epically.
    So you are suggesting that he is going for a lesser goal (considering that the power of Grayskull is the ultimate goal)?

What you're saying makes sense, but that isn't the Skeletor I know. If anything, he would retreat to build a bigger army and then come back. He is like a dog with a bone when it come to Grayskull.

Although ruling the Horde Empire would be great (and would definitely help him on his quest to conquer Grayskull), I can't help but think that a part of him would long for the POG. The idea of him abandoning the POG completely contradicts 30 years of MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    What you're saying makes sense, but that isn't the Skeletor I know...The idea of him abandoning the POG completely contradicts 30 years of MOTU.
    It's not the first, and probably not the last, head scratching decision the MOTUC team will make with this line's fiction either. 90% of the actual figures in this line are turning out wonderful, but the fiction is just turning out terrible. Scott, I'm sorry, but this is a mess. It's enough that terrible customer service, screwy logistics, and ever present and continually emerging quality control issues (assembly errors) and poor design decisions (black plastic fiasco), and the blundering Digital River are bringing down what should be a knock-out hit of a line. Throw us a bone and clean up the fiction, the one thing we KNOW you can control. Get someone dedicated to continuity management to edit the bios and stories, and cut it out with the empty character deaths that give nothing but shock value.
    Wolfman Jake

Since the Power of Grayskull is that of the Gods and the Trollans...maybe Skeletor is now going after the Source of it All...! Commanding the Horde Empire could be his way of amassing an army powerful enough to take on the Gods themselves.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Skeletor just witnessed the demise of both King Hiss and Hordak. Who else has the power to breach Grayskull? Nobody I know of. So there is no concern for him to take a break, lick his wounds, take of the Horde Empire and use this new army to attack again. Seems plausible.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to assume that Skeletor does not LIKE being a goofy cyborg freak.... and is going after Horde Prime to reverse the Techno virus!

Yeah... That's the ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm going to assume that Skeletor does not LIKE being a goofy cyborg freak.... and is going after Horde Prime to reverse the Techno virus!

Yeah... That's the ticket....
    Isn't Skeletor already an undead half-demon with a fleshless skull for a head floating above his neckless shoulders? I doubt he's all that bummed about a little techno organic bling.
    Wolfman Jake

Unless being a part-cyborg introduces new weaknesses. For example, can Sortech now control him?

Just got DB Skeletor and read the mini-comic, I thought it was a blast and seeing the huge battle pages is reason enough to keep subbing year after year simply to recreate that battle scene.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

What I DONT understand is, If Hordak "dies" in his buzzsaw form, how will his Filmation (variant) bio is going to be explained ?

I can ask about this to Scott, But I know..... I am going to get that infamous "Keep Reading The Bios" reply !!

Is he faking his "death" (OR) recovered after getting affected by techno virus (like TC to NA Skeletor) ??? And.... follows He-Man, She-Ra to primus ?

Eitherway..... I am NOT happy with Hordak's "end" in the 3rd mini comic !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    What I DONT understand is, If Hordak "dies" in his buzzsaw form, how will his Filmation (variant) bio is going to be explained ?

I can ask about this to Scott, But I know..... I am going to get that infamous "Keep Reading The Bios" reply !!

Is he faking his "death" (OR) recovered after getting affected by techno virus (like TC to NA Skeletor) ??? And.... follows He-Man, She-Ra to primus ?

I was under the impression that Hordak would went down after Skeletor raised his army of space mutants.
    I need to re read though the bios.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Hordak LIVES!!!

Just incurred a serious injury in which the techno-virus will reform him into Filmation Hordak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In ways he is considered the BIG BAD so there's no way the could've scrubbed him off the table like that! I love the fact that we have these Major Bads' and I don't see myself as choosing who is better than the other, but I do see them as the levels of evil that characters are sometimes derived from (evil) yet never fully personified. My meaning is when will we have a villain that is so major bad a**; there will be no grand showboating, wise one liners, and absolutely no explanation, he will just be that bad explanation is not required In each (Skeletor, Hordak, Hssss) we get these characteristics and levels of evil which allows us to like each and root for them in ways maybe one more than the other without any of them being the absolute. They way I see I measure this in terms of ambition; Hsss is 3rd for all seems he was (sadly) created to be dispatched for an bigger threat, Skeletor 2nd cause he is still coming into his 'evil' and Hordak as the top dog cause he knows where he has been and is heading now with the new threat of He-man and She-Ra (and his 'brother' Horde Prime).
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

The bio would most likely be a younger version story. But I think his death was atrocious. The 2 major baddies die without much fuss. The whole spell of separation was just a simple spell preformed by a wizard with diminished powers yet it was going to end the world when others tried it? There should be consequences for committing genocide but the comic seems to make it effortless. And Hordak evolving then dying is soooooooo stupid to me. He IMO is the ultimate villain on Eternia, yet he dies at the hands of a weakened, less powerful villain. Scott did a terrible job fleshing this story out and the more I think about it the more let down I am. Reading bios that bounce around so much due to random release order is fine, byte seeing it in a contained media it was a huge let down and the plot holes became so apparent. I for one think the pitch from the 4H about 200X was a solid story they could've used in this canon, but I personally think Scott included his favorite moments and characters and kind of simply gave us his personal canonhe developed as a kid and through adulthood.

After the third comic I've decided I'm no longer interested in the classics canon and will simply disregard any further bios that we receive. Initially I was excited to read the bios, but now they are disappointing. Oh my favorite issues with this comic are the questionable fate of Mekaneck and the insane amount of flip flopping evil-lyn does. But it made sense to Scott apparently...

MOTU Classics would have been much better off had it stuck to simple bios that introduce a character's origins, affiliations, and unique skills. The whole story should have been left up to the interpretation of the reader. There wasn't a need to retell it, with one man's fanfic kind of flare, in a extremely limited medium, with all the chapters arranged in a random order.
    Wolfman Jake

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

A variant doesn't have to mention the different look in appearance, (i.e., Battleground Teela's bo doesn't explain her new outfit or blonde hair, Temple of Darkness Sorceress' bio doesn't comment on why she is colored white or Eternian Palace Randor doesn't mention why he's dressed up like Henry VIII) just provide even more history on the character. Filmation Hordak (if we get one...it's looking pretty grim for variants right now) could simply be more Hordak information during a certain time.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Just got mine today and I have to say ... Snake Mekaneck (especially his neck) is freaking me out! He looks extremely scary. I wish we could get an alternate head and the neck (not a whole figure) - the same is for Buzz Saw Hordak - just the saw and an open armor to emulate the feature would be enough ...

Ah, yes: The fight scenes look great :-)

Klemens

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I don't remember Snake Mekanek ... I have to go back and read it again.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

If Hordak survived...are we ready for New Adventures Hordak???

Finally got my DB Skeletor and mini comic yesterday and WOW this was by far the best of the three mini-comics!

I love how many characters they crammed in, as a kid I used to love spotting all the different characters in the background and I loved doing it with this mini-comic. The only vintage MOTU figures I couldn't spot was Gwildor, Rokkon and Multi-Bot. Would have been nice to see the toy Monstroid in there as well.
    One guy I couldn't figure out who it was is the grey furry guy fighting on the front line for the Horde? This guy, who is he:

I like to think the alliances broke pretty early on and it soon became a four way battle. IMO it would have worked better as a four way battle to begin with.

Frosta staff has her style guide staff and not that horrible wind mill her Classics figure came with, I hope the style guide staff is the free gift we are getting for her.

Spell of Separation used to defeat the SnakeMen, ha, I totally called this way back in July: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3072365

I didn't think Orko was a very good choice to cast the Spell though, I mean why trust such an important task to the court jester, and don't give me that secret agent rubbish, Teela/Sorceress or Castaspella would have been a miles better choice. What might have been even better is if Castaspella was tasked with casting the spell but she fell in the battle so Orko swooped in picked up the table and cast the spell.

So Mechaneck is also a SnakeMan again now just like MAA. Thats interesting, I'm not opposed to it but please no figure, if anything just give us the neck and head with another figure like your doing with the Zodak head. I assume Hisss turned him back into a SnakeMan using the same last shard of the Ophidian Spire that he used on MAA in the Ep40 comic, and I also assume Teela's new Sorceress powers would stop this from working on her.

Also interest to see Beast Men turn up with Randor and Miro. I assume they are followers of Best Man who is allied with the Masters at this point, unless they are followers of the Red Beast. I've never been fussed about the Red Beast before but now I've seen him in this comic he looks really sweet and I wouldn't mind a figure of him. I wouldn't want him as big as Gygor, maybe a Ram-Man priced figure.
    I loved seeing the Kulatak Elder, Carnivus, Dactys and Ceratus in this scene. This is how you use existing characters that fit a role instead of creating new ones. I really wish they'd used the Council Members as the Preternian masters in issue 2 and not created new ones, it would have worked and fit so much better. That was main criticism of issue 2.

Great to see the NA connections at the end but I would have loved Darius to have been with Hydron and Flipshot like in the UK/German comic version of the NA story. Now bring on NA Skeletor please If we ever get to see a NA She-Ra I really hope she's based on the move concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    FINALLY!!!!! A year ago, I made a post saying this is EXACTLY how the last page would be...but the thread got deleted! I'm gonna see if Val still has the thread on record!!!!
    (course, I did think the comic would come with NA Skeletor/not Dragon Blaster...and that Mighty Spector would bring Flipshot and Hydron,
    I'm so glad you weren't right about the Spector bit

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Why on earth is Queen Marlena wearing her astronaut gear during the SUB? That makes no sense at all!
    Yeah totally, made no sense at all, her sweet MYP 200x battle armour would have been much better.
    Last edited by 13977; October 18, 2012 at 04:49pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Got to read the comic yesterday.

It was pretty awesome seeing nearly every character battling each other. The basic idea of this being the ultimate battle I liked a lot.

The rest of the comic was hard to enjoy though. I felt like it several days worth of story was left out. It's just impossible to tell an epic tale like this in a dozen pages.

I absolutely hated how Man-At-Arms was killed, it ruined the story for me. Clamp Champ is a Master of Capture, he should have taken him alive. The clamp is a non-lethal device, not a stabbing weapon. If you absolutely had to have someone kill him, Rio Blast would have been a better choice for the role, with all those guns he has. Once again, just like with Orko's bio, Neitlich fails to portray a character correctly.

Skeletor should have gotten the Laser Light outfit before the NA version. And what's with the floating skull? Both of those figures had flesh on the back of his head. The levitating skull above his neck was a dumb MYP idea.

Overall, I give it a 5/10.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Clamp Champ is actually the Heroic Master of Whoop-ass. Keep reading the Bios!

The way I see it killing Snake MAA was a mercy killing. Merciful as in the whole idea of Snake MAA (or snake anyone) is just so terrible and stupid that a mercy killing is a kindness.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    If we ever get to see a NA She-Ra I really hope she's based on the move concept art.
    I reckon that Starburst She-Ra will be NA She-Ra. In the UK comics I recall that a star-like alien race living on an asteroid being mined by the Hore gave She-Ra the cape and tiara, both of which were loaded with special abilities. One of those attributes was the ability to survive in the vacuum of space. An image of that would make a nice wee picture on the bio too!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A variant doesn't have to mention the different look in appearance, (i.e., Battleground Teela's bo doesn't explain her new outfit or blonde hair, Temple of Darkness Sorceress' bio doesn't comment on why she is colored white or Eternian Palace Randor doesn't mention why he's dressed up like Henry VIII) just provide even more history on the character. Filmation Hordak (if we get one...it's looking pretty grim for variants right now) could simply be more Hordak information during a certain time.
    I disagree. Quite frankly the only reason for a bio on the variant SHOULD be to explain the look.

Otherwise you get that woeful "I like what you've done with your hair" remark that He Man made in the 1st mini-comic to Sorceress Teela.

What is he flirting with her?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I disagree. Quite frankly the only reason for a bio on the variant SHOULD be to explain the look.

Otherwise you get that woeful "I like what you've done with your hair" remark that He Man made in the 1st mini-comic to Sorceress Teela.

What is he flirting with her?
    I'd agree, I'd really like to hear why Teela's hair is blonde now and why she's wearing her bikini instead of the leotard. However so far, some of the variants that we have don't mention the change in look.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)