Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Scott a question for you, seeing that none of the Filmation characters are used was this because of the licensing deal and not accessible or just a choice not to use any of them?
    Well these mini-comics are just illustrated version of the new story MOTUC-canon tells. Which is majorly based on mini-comics and 2002-cartoon
    because when it was originally written, they couldn't use Filmation material.

Mini-comics were written and illustrated before 2011 deal with Classic Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Okay, iīll try:

She-Ra
    Glimmer (showing twice, once in a meeting sitting down(looking good) and once flying at the back)
    Frosta(Three times, even saying one sentence!!!!) from all the Rebellion she is featured the most.
    Bow(twice in the fight)
    Jewelstar(twice in the fight flying in the background)
    Flutterina(twice in the fight flying in the background)
    Sweet-Bee(twice in the fight flying in the background)
    Tallstar(once in the fight flying in the background)
    Starla and Glorybird(once in the fight flying in the background)
    Peekablue(once in the fight running in the background)
    Double Trouble(once in the fight running in the background) but on She-Ras side not the Horde
    Castaspella(once in the fight running in the background)
    Mermista(once in the fight jumping in the background) she is shown in her mermaid form
    Netossa(once in the fight running in the background)

Swiftwind is shown twice, Entrapta on the Horde side of course shown twice second time fighting and Catra is shown once.

Hope i could help.
    OMG that's amazing, so many Rebellion members shown. Great to see Entrapta get some love also.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's the Great Black Wizard
    he looks like the Witch King from Hero Quest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

It's really frustrating that the DC comics can not be as good as this mini comic, and it's even more frustrating we can't get the story of the mini comic in a longer comic book form. I loved the illustrations and story, a bit disappointed I did not see Scorpia anywhere. But it did make me more curious how Teela could get cured of the Snake Venom, but not the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms or Meckaneck. How did Teela get cured? I'm sure we will never find out unless they make a Snake Teela, but I am doubting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Count Judas, thank you very very much for the info! I can't wait for my figures to arrive. I haven't been opening my figures lately, but DB Skeletor will be opened the second he arrives!
    No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    This is Hordak. He had this form in one She-Ra Episode

Attachment 79047
    The robot fighting alongside the Masters does look like this but in all silver with the horde emblem. I found that a bit odd.
    I'm trying to recognize the gray wolf like character next to Mosquitor...and is that Lt. Spector on the Dragon Walker too, hmm?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    This sounds really exciting!

It will probably be around the middle of October until I get my copy

Can anyone confirm if the following characters are in as I would be surprised if they are:

Gwildor
    Blade
    Saurod
    Blast-Attak
    Ninjor
    Hawke
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Did Hordak die at the end I can't tell?

What happened in the bios that told about the second battle ground, mainly Fearless Photog's? His bio he defeated both Wiplash & Clawful. Other bios also dropped in story about the second battle ground battle. What I'm getting at is it sounded as though the heroes were battling against Skeletor & his evil warriors.

Wasn't Stratos suppose to die & want Castel Grayskull Man suppose to come out at one point?

Did the spell of seperation kill all the snake men including Mekaneck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    This sounds really exciting!

It will probably be around the middle of October until I get my copy

Can anyone confirm if the following characters are in as I would be surprised if they are:

Gwildor
    Blade
    Saurod
    Blast-Attak
    Ninjor
    Hawke

Gwildor- no
    Blade- no
    Saurod- yes confirmed
    Blast-Attak- yes confirmed
    Ninjor- yes confirmed
    Hawke- no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    OMG that's amazing, so many Rebellion members shown. Great to see Entrapta get some love also.
    To me this doesn't make that much sense wouldn't several of the rebellion still need to stay on Etheria to battle the Horde there & continue the uprising?

As for the N/A continuation story wouldn't several members of the masters need to stay on Eternia to keep peace? On Etheria order needs to be restored & the last of the Horde driven out.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Okay, iīll try:

She-Ra
    Glimmer (showing twice, once in a meeting sitting down(looking good) and once flying at the back)
    Frosta(Three times, even saying one sentence!!!!) from all the Rebellion she is featured the most.
    Bow(twice in the fight)
    Jewelstar(twice in the fight flying in the background)
    Flutterina(twice in the fight flying in the background)
    Sweet-Bee(twice in the fight flying in the background)
    Tallstar(once in the fight flying in the background)
    Starla and Glorybird(once in the fight flying in the background)
    Peekablue(once in the fight running in the background)
    Double Trouble(once in the fight running in the background) but on She-Ras side not the Horde
    Castaspella(once in the fight running in the background)
    Mermista(once in the fight jumping in the background) she is shown in her mermaid form
    Netossa(once in the fight running in the background)

Swiftwind is shown twice, Entrapta on the Horde side of course shown twice second time fighting and Catra is shown once.

Now while counting the POP characters if seen some weird stuff....

There is one character fighting on the Horde/snakemen side who is purple colored with a yellow face and a weird looking helmet, i have never seen him before and there is a robotic charcter shaped like Skeletors hover bots but with four arms and Hordaks face behind Whiplash, it looks like he is fighting against the Horde....?

Hope i could help.
    Excellent, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post

What happened in the bios that told about the second battle ground, mainly Fearless Photog's? His bio he defeated both Wiplash & Clawful. Other bios also dropped in story about the second battle ground battle. What I'm getting at is it sounded as though the heroes were battling against Skeletor & his evil warriors.

Wasn't Stratos suppose to die & want Castel Grayskull Man suppose to come out at one point?

Your asking good questions and they sure deserve answers. Whatīs really bothering me... but i will put that under a spoiler as i think not everything should be totally spoiled:

Since He-Man, She-Ra, the "Masters", the Great Rebellion and the different races of Eternia fight along side Skeletor and his men against the Horde and the Snake Men it makes no sense that Photog kills Whiplash and Clawful.

Stratos death is still possible and since Castle Grayskull Man hadnīt been chosen before the mini comics was made he isnīt shown.

Of course itīs still possible that Skeletors men attack the good guys after the spell is soken as they think itīs their chance but with all the races helping He-man, She-Ra and their people itīs very unlikley. Especially since their leader has left them and Evil Lyn is powerless.

Gwildor- no
    Blade- no
    Saurod- yes confirmed
    Ninjor- yes confirmed
    Hawke- no
    I spotted Blade, behind Castaspella or i guess that should be him. Itīs only a very tiny head with what looks like an eye patch so i assume itīs him.

To me this doesn't make that much sense wouldn't several of the rebellion still need to stay on Etheria to battle the Horde there & continue the uprising?

As for the N/A continuation story wouldn't several members of the masters need to stay on Eternia to keep peace? On Etheria order needs to be restored & the last of the Horde driven out.
    Angella is no where to be seen and it looks like Perfuma stayed behind as well as Spinnerella. Those three even make sense to me. Those three are very powerful and both Angella as Perfuma need the planet for their powers. Angella gets strength from the moon and Perfuma is needed for the plants and flowers.
    Spinnerella is the best defense for the whispering woods no one has a change against her spinning powers.

The comic doesnīt exactly show or tell who is coming along with Adam and Adora for "New Adventures".

How do fans feel about the N/A story being changed to fit She-Ra & the other heroic warriors?

How about the N/A Skeletor? original comic story or this one?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Gwildor- no
    Blade- no
    Saurod- yes confirmed
    Ninjor- yes confirmed
    Hawke- no

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

As I said on page 1, I'm not happy with NA being changed so drastically. For me, I still prefer that Skeletor "repaired" himself after being heavily wounded by Adam's transformation inside of the starship. And I would've preferred if He-Man still went into space on his own and the others followed him later.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    As I said on page 1, I'm not happy with NA being changed so drastically. For me, I still prefer that Skeletor "repaired" himself after being heavily wounded by Adam's transformation inside of the starship. And I would've preferred if He-Man still went into space on his own and the others followed him later.
    yeah, thats how I would have liked it. I feel a story was already present. It just needed to be tied in better & maybe concluding N/A with going into battle with the Horde Prime Empire.

Yes, the bio for Photog doesn't fit the comic nor does Evil-Lyn making Clawful smarter since they're on different sides.

I'm happy NA was brought in fully. Now get us some figures. Say though, so many concept figures I wa t that probably won't get made from the issue
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Blade is directly behind Bow in the first splash page.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Yes, the bio for Photog doesn't fit the comic nor does Evil-Lyn making Clawful smarter since they're on different sides.
    That depends on whether the 2nd Ultimate Battleground started as soon as He-Man and Skeletor return from Preternia...or if they just turned up in the middle of the conflict.
    If it's the later, then all the events with Photog and smart Clawful etc all could have happened before He-Man and Skelly got back.

Does anyone with the minicomic know if the battle explicitly starts when they get back, or is it already in progress?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I haven't read the comic as it's about a month until it will arrive...
    but could people PLEASE stop posting that Photog's bio stated he defeated Whiplash and Clawful? It clearly said that he HELPED to defeat (not kill) them!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Actually ....here's a cheeky thought if anyone wouldn't mind....

Seeing as a few of us are not based in the US, and will have to wait at least a month til we get a chance to look at the comic....would people mind doing this....

basically, one person each take one page of the comic, and just write a brief summary of what happens in each panel, with text and dialogue etc. If 10 people just did one page each, then it shouldn't be too much work, and it would really be appreciated and help us out who will have to wait so long to see it in person!!!

Does anyone think that's a good idea?

(kinda like how I did back with the leaked issue 2 pages - here - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...10#post2963810 - which I think people appreciated )
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; September 21, 2012 at 10:47am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    That depends on whether the 2nd Ultimate Battleground started as soon as He-Man and Skeletor return from Preternia...or if they just turned up in the middle of the conflict.
    If it's the later, then all the events with Photog and smart Clawful etc all could have happened before He-Man and Skelly got back.

Does anyone with the minicomic know if the battle explicitly starts when they get back, or is it already in progress?
    It doesnīt really say but it looks like itīs starting after He-man and Skeletor return from the past. The meeting at the very first panel doesnīt really looked rushed or anything.

And Photogs bio doesnīt really work since Clawful and Whiplash are shown alive and well in this comic. As far as i remember it never said when Evil Lyn enhanced his intelligence, so maybe that happend a long time ago.

After the spell is performed we simply donīt know what happens, we only see Hordak, King Hsss, Skeletor, She-Ra and He-Man until the fight is over.

Hey there
    I'm set to get my figs and comic soon but I wouldn't mind being spoiled with some images. At some point was it decided not to post spoiler images?

Snappy Threader
    Very nice to hear that there is some good POP representation, the inclusion of Blade is what caught my eye real fast though.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I have some mixed thoughts on the comic. First off, why is He-Man in his flying fists costume? He should be fighting with the Power Sword for this final battle. Secondly, they never actually defeated Hordak. Skeletor blasters him, Hordak blasts Skeletor, Skeletor takes the techno virus and becomes the NA version and leaves.

On the positive side, this comic was a giant fangasm. Oh my god, they try to fit like every character in the entire universe into these things. The artwork was fantastic for the page with Miro, Randor, and Carnivus. I also loved the artwork on NA Skeletor and how they worked him into that form was well done. I also do love the design of Miro. Does that mean we are going to get him soon on the Classics and that is how he is going to look? If so, I approve. It is nice to see a somewhat conclusion, but they really didn't tell us anything that people were asking about when Scott answered "Read the minicomics." There was nothing about the Techno Sword or Evil-Lyn leaving in there.

Nevertheless, this three rushed mini-comics are far better than anything DC has released thus far.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

i haven't read the third yet, but I disagree I've enjoyed the DC stuff much more than the last two minis (sure it's not perfect but I like them a lot more over all)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Snappy Threader
    So far the two minis I have read are pretty cool. As far as DC goes, my only dislike is how slow moving they are and there was such a large amount of time between one and two that the second was kind of a let down in reaards to stroy advancement. Just my opinion. The minis are so cool. Made me feel like a kid again. ha!