Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

Heroic Warrior
    What I thought was interesting is not only is She-Ra in her Bubble Power armor in the majority of the issue, but when donning the armor, she also has the vintage/Classic Bubble Power Sword of Protection in hand.

For those who think Photog's involvement in the mini-comic doesn't match his bio, I just don't think there cared to show the scene where he defeats Whiplash and Clawful. BTW, who said he killed those 2 characters anyways...?

As for Evil-Lyn, there is so much more that we don't know until we get to the bios of next year. I'm sure we will learn how people like her, Gy-Gor, Marzo, Evil Seed, and Prahvas ended up siding with the Horde/Snake men. Heck, it seems like the Snake Men and Horde end up teaming up with each other. there really is a lot of story left to tell, and we haven't even will delved into the New Adventures Saga yet.

I actually enjoyed that brief battle between Skeletor and Hordak. It's reminiscent to the Hordak/King Grayskull final battle. Skeletor "defeats" Hordak in battle, but Hordak is able to transform into his Buzz Saw version and nearly killed him. That's cool

For those who have a problem with Skeletor healing himself with the techno virus, I kinda love it becasue you can see how his purple Terror Claws armor morphs perfectly into the NA armor.

Heroic Warrior
    I read the minicomic last night. It was a MOTU feast. So cool to see so many characters together all in one place. I loved the transition in to NA.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post

For those who have a problem with Skeletor healing himself with the techno virus, I kinda love it becasue you can see how his purple Terror Claws armor morphs perfectly into the NA armor.
    Does NA Skeletor have white eyes and eyeballs? or just empty sockets?

EDIT: Also, what's the legal stance on people posting photos of the various pages? Anyone know?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Blade is directly behind Bow in the first splash page.
    yep. found him between castaspella & bow.

can anyone confirm who is the green guy between syklon & rio blast on page 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

EDIT: Also, what's the legal stance on people posting photos of the various pages? Anyone know?
    no eyeballs just black empty sockets. he is very cool looking. he looks just like his n/a action figure. oh and he has his n/a staff.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

no eyeballs just black empty sockets. he is very cool looking. he looks just like his n/a action figure. oh and he has his n/a staff.
    I'm so glad Skeletor looks like he does instead of the NA cartoon. IMO him having eyeballs is ridiculous.

So is Gwildor the only vintage MOTU figure not in the mini?

It was good love all the characters involved.

C'mon skeletor had to turn on he-man
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Empty sockets, the way it is SUPPOSED to be!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think itīs Whiplash because of the color and he has the spear!

Heroic Warrior
    How do fans feel about the N/A story being changed to fit She-Ra & the other heroic warriors?

How about the N/A Skeletor? original comic story or this one?
    I think this was a really elegant way to combine the stories in a way that keeps the essential elements but expands it to include more storytelling possibilities. Best of all, it makes sense to me. It explains why N/A Skeletor looks different. It's a little random that Skeletor decides to give up on Eternia, but if you consider it a strategic retreat to gain new forces to combat He-Man, it seems plausible. I completely dug this issue.

I like this mini the best - less yakking, more action. But I still get the impression when reading it that there are big sections of story missing. The flow just seems off.

I do have to ask: Does Terror Claws Skeletor come with that bad-ass gun he's using in the battle scenes? Because I WANT that!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post

So is Gwildor the only vintage MOTU figure not in the mini?
    I couldn't find Multi-bot

I really enjoyed the comic though. I'm still not sure how I feel about MAA's iffy death as a snake, but I enjoyed everything else. I was pleased to see Hydron and Flipshot at the end.

And Entrapta looked awesome! I hope this is how her figure will look! IF and WHEN and all that jazz...
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Great story with epic battle panels! Really wishing we could get more mini comics like this. The stories paced very quickly and the art was solid throughout.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    HOLY CRAP to Snake Mekaneck!!! I really hope he didnt meet the same fate as Duncan.

That Skelly gun was wicked! Not sure if it came with Terror Claw Skeletor, he was the only variant I didnt have as a youngin.

RED BEAST stole the show for me. Please TG get us this guy is 2013!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I didn't see Rokkon, Mulit-bot, or Gwildor from the vintage motu toyline...everyone else seems to be present save for some of the POP crew--Angella, Madam Razz, Spinerella...etc

I don't see the Horde Robot either...but it is VERY impressive to work so many characters into so few panels!!!
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

What is this TC Skeltor gun that keeps coming? Is it the dinosaur bone thing he carried on his back?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    What is this TC Skeltor gun that keeps coming? Is it the dinosaur bone thing he carried on his back?
    It's like a wierd shotgun with a skull face on it.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I think itīs Whiplash because of the color and he has the spear!
    yes that must be whiplash. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
    I think this was a really elegant way to combine the stories in a way that keeps the essential elements but expands it to include more storytelling possibilities. Best of all, it makes sense to me. It explains why N/A Skeletor looks different. It's a little random that Skeletor decides to give up on Eternia, but if you consider it a strategic retreat to gain new forces to combat He-Man, it seems plausible. I completely dug this issue.
    after all skeletor was ruler for a very brief time & now he has stolen some or all of hordaks power so he has much larger ambitions now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    HOLY CRAP to Snake Mekaneck!!! I really hope he didnt meet the same fate as Duncan.
    with the spell of seperation did all snake men meet there end including those who were turned? what about khan ?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    after all skeletor was ruler for a very brief time & now he has stolen some or all of hordaks power so he has much larger ambitions now.

I don't like THAT....

That's one of the reasons I hate the whole 'keldor' concept. Ruling the 'throne' was never Skeletor's goal... it was ALWAYS about GRAYSKULL... Leaving the planet means giving up on the Secrets of Castle Grayskull... and that's not a direction I like.

Heroic Warrior
    Did the comic explain the purpose of the Spell of Seperation?

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Did the Bionatops make an appearance? I need to know this because I could really use some more references for my custom.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't like THAT....

That's one of the reasons I hate the whole 'keldor' concept. Ruling the 'throne' was never Skeletor's goal... it was ALWAYS about GRAYSKULL... Leaving the planet means giving up on the Secrets of Castle Grayskull... and that's not a direction I like.
    That's not fair to lay at the door of the Keldor concept. He was shown to want the power of the elders in MYP, which was the power of Grayskull and ended up in the Castle. Randor was a side issue for him. Yeah the show forgot the Universe aspect and only focused on Eternia as the prize, but his focus on that power source was still there. Filmation wasn't always so focused however, there were episodes where Skeletor wanted Randor's throne in Eternos (Creatures of the Tar Swamp comes to mind). And NA lost the Grayskull focus, but never brought up Keldor. My impression here is not that leaving the planet means giving up on the Secrets of Castle Grayskull, but that he needs new forces to fight the heroes to get at Grayskull.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's not fair to lay at the door of the Keldor concept. He was shown to want the power of the elders in MYP, which was the power of Grayskull and ended up in the Castle. Randor was a side issue for him. Yeah the show forgot the Universe aspect and only focused on Eternia as the prize, but his focus on that power source was still there. Filmation wasn't always so focused however, there were episodes where Skeletor wanted Randor's throne in Eternos (Creatures of the Tar Swamp comes to mind). And NA lost the Grayskull focus, but never brought up Keldor. My impression here is not that leaving the planet means giving up on the Secrets of Castle Grayskull, but that he needs new forces to fight the heroes to get at Grayskull.
    This comic made sure that the secret identities are not necessary anymore and Skeletor doesnīt care who his siblings are, he wants power. But what he calls cure, is still a virus and that could effect his thinking as well.
    Plus he never had that much power before and itīs nice that Eternia seems to be in peace now but the Horde empire is till out there terrorizing the rest of the universe. Horde Prime is still powerful and i donīt think Primus is the only place where help is needed.

Grayskull has new protectors(Teela, Castle Grayskull Man, Clamp Champ, Orko...), we still donīt know whatīs going on on Etheria, we donīt know who is leaving for space and maybe a long the way we find other allies like Bravestar or Blackstar. Who knows?

This comic brings up so many possibilities. It didnīt answer all the questions or showed everything but i think it was a great start.

And just as a side note, i really like this thread itīs all about MOTU fans talking sharing things, normal discussions, i think thatīs a real positive thread

TC Skeletor didn't come with a gun, but he had this hinged dragon skull thing. It made a really cool chomping motion when you did his action feature. I can see how that accessory could be interpreted as a gun, but it makes more sense as what it was.

Can someone please describe Miro's appearance?

How do fans feel about the N/A story being changed to fit She-Ra & the other heroic warriors?

How about the N/A Skeletor? original comic story or this one?
    As a fan of NA, I am very happy with the changes. I always felt that the toon version of NA was too disconnected - which played a major part in why many fans reject it. Though the mini comics and the UK mini series do a better job of tying NA more into MOTU, they just didn't have the widespread influence that the cartoon had.

So, making the NA story take place in the present time: GOOD MOVE
    Having She-Ra and a band of allies go with He-Man: GOOD MOVE
    Changing how Skeletor becomes NA: At least there is an explanation - which is influenced by the original NA mini comic origin (instead of He-Man causing the damage, it's Hordak. And using the techno virus is just a more detailed way to show how Skeletor repairs himself - the original NA mini comic doesn't really get that involved.)

I hope we're going to see more NA in the story, and then SOHM. I want to know what happens next.

- - - Updated - - -

To me this doesn't make that much sense wouldn't several of the rebellion still need to stay on Etheria to battle the Horde there & continue the uprising?

As for the N/A continuation story wouldn't several members of the masters need to stay on Eternia to keep peace? On Etheria order needs to be restored & the last of the Horde driven out.
    Keep in mind that there are many characters that have "yet to be revealed", as well as armies that would help out Angella, Perfuma and Spinnerella. The armies of Bright Moon, Mystacor and The Snow Kingdom surely are helping in the fight. And don't forget about Josh, Red Knight, Huntara, Madame Razz, the Twiggets, General Sunder and others who are helping Angella in the fight.

The same goes for Eternia - not ALL the Masters and Great Rebellion go with He-Man and She-Ra to Primus - perhaps only a handful (4-8) from each heroic faction (definitely makes for some cool potential variants). And there are armies and "characters not revealed" that are helping Randor and company clean up after the Ultimate Battleground.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

AWESOME! Overall I thought that was a heck of a cool comic; kinda rushed, but most of the minicomics were, back in the day. I could see lots of cool scenes if they had the space to elaborate. As it is I think they did a fantastic job, and I barely have to change anything for it to line up with my personal story that I've been messing with since the begining of the line. The whole time I wanted NA to happen in the same time period, and I thought the techno-organic virus would be PERFECT for changing Skeletor - SO glad they took advantage of that! On top of that, it retains how friggin' awesome Skeletor is. That was always my favorite part of the NA minicomic: Skeletor ripping into himself to repair his body with cybernetics. It's not as crazy here as with performing surgery on himself, but it totally doesn't matter because Skeletor bascially sucks the power out of Hordak, uses a horrible virus to his own benefit, and flies off into space to take over the universe. That is sheer friggin' brilliance. As a Skeletor fan, nothin' makes me happier and seeing him grab all the power and become strong enough to just leave the planet with little effort. AWESOME, again.

Overall I felt this comic was a lot of fun, though it's kinda sad that once again another He-Man toyline is faltering around the time when they would be getting into NA. Hopefully we'll pick up some more steam in time to get in a few of my NA favorites!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.