Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I must say I REALLY enjoyed this issue! Toyguru was correct in saying that this issue was going to be BIG!!!! I was blown away by the full spread fight scenes!!!!!!! I found myself gazing at them for quite some time attempting to identify every hero and villian on the pages. That was difficult with soooo much happening on such small pages! I would LOVE for these mini comics to make it to a full sized Trade Paper Back someday! The art was great and the story was pretty cool IMO. I'm looking forward to the mini comic that comes out with King He-Man next year

I think I spotted Waldo in one scene. LOL

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I think I spotted Waldo in one scene. LOL
    good one.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's the Great Black Wizard
    Scott.. I want to see more of this guy.. he looks kinda frickin' cool. If he's as sword and sorcery as that little picture makes him seem to be, I would more than likely jump all over this figure!

He reminds me of an old plastic miniature from the Hero Quest game! I think it was a necromancer or sorcerer!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    Scott.. I want to see more of this guy.. he looks kinda frickin' cool. If he's as sword and sorcery as that little picture makes him seem to be, I would more than likely jump all over this figure!

He reminds me of an old plastic miniature from the Hero Quest game! I think it was a necromancer or sorcerer!
    I keep thinking he looks a bit like the Skelecons...

Skelcons.jpg
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Well I think we understand why Sir Laser Lot came in as the new Man-At-Arms replacing Clamp Champ: CC had to have been kicked out of the service or resigned in disgrace after what he did. Duncan's death was completely uncalled for. Clamp Champ could have simply knocked him out if he felt he couldn't talk him out of it, but instead he just says, "Damn you Duncan" and impales him.

I'm sorry but looking at this there is no two ways about it. This was not a case of having no choice but to kill him in battle/self defense. Clamp Champ got angry and killed Duncan in cold blood.

Also since Evil-Lyn was shown yellow until her powers were removed seemingly confirming the suspicion that the normal skin tone variant is her powerless which is a big middle finger to the masses of fans who prefer that look for her.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Snappy Threader
    Ok I just read it and it has got to be one of the coolest mini-comics ever. The only funny thing I noticed is that Zodac appears with his gun next to He-Man in a battle scene, and appears again on the Miro/Randor/Carnivus spread flying in his chair. I suppose it could be that he left to get them but either way it's cool. I loved how all of the characters were in there...amazing stuff, I just wish it could be a longer story.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Well I think we understand why Sir Laser Lot came in as the new Man-At-Arms replacing Clamp Champ: CC had to have been kicked out of the service or resigned in disgrace after what he did. Duncan's death was completely uncalled for. Clamp Champ could have simply knocked him out if he felt he couldn't talk him out of it, but instead he just says, "Damn you Duncan" and impales him.

I'm sorry but looking at this there is no two ways about it. This was not a case of having no choice but to kill him in battle/self defense. Clamp Champ got angry and killed Duncan in cold blood.
    That scene could be the abridged version. I think Clamp Champ tried to bring him in alive, but since Wellington has less than a page to tell it, it could look as though he hastily made the decision to slay Duncan. Remember, this could have been a big tradepaperback graphic novel that was stuffed into 12 pages.

Also since Evil-Lyn was shown yellow until her powers were removed seemingly confirming the suspicion that the normal skin tone variant is her powerless which is a big middle finger to the masses of fans who prefer that look for her.
    Evil-Lyn's natural look probably would match the Faceless One's colors. Besides, is Evil-Lyn's natural colors being her 200X colors such an insult when Evil-Lyn is yellow skinned the majority of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Ok I just read it and it has got to be one of the coolest mini-comics ever. The only funny thing I noticed is that Zodac appears with his gun next to He-Man in a battle scene, and appears again on the Miro/Randor/Carnivus spread flying in his chair. I suppose it could be that he left to get them but either way it's cool. I loved how all of the characters were in there...amazing stuff, I just wish it could be a longer story.
    ZodaC (ray gun) was in the battle. ZodaK (staff, black guy, tattoos, hates the Snake Men) arrived in the chair.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

cool issue. I wish He-Man and She-Ra played a bigger role as neither defeated Hordak or King Hiss. Orko and Skeletor seemed more powerful. Also did the Spell of Seperation save or kill Mekaneck?

I loved Skeletor's transformation into NA Skeletor! The design REALLY looked good! I hope we see him next year!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    cool issue. I wish He-Man and She-Ra played a bigger role as neither defeated Hordak or King Hiss. Orko and Skeletor seemed more powerful. Also did the Spell of Seperation save or kill Mekaneck?
    Toyguru answered that one in the Toyguru Mattycollector.com September Q&A thread. He said that the spell of Separation separated the Snake Men's spliced DNA. So I guess Mekaneck was saved, if anyone didn't kill him before the spell was cast.

However this brings up another TWO points (remember what I said earlier about this comic generating many questions?)...

A) Would Two-Bad become Tuvar and Baddhra again, undoing Skeletor's spell?

B) Wasn't it bad for the Spell of Separation to be cast again anyway or it would split the planet apart?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

N
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Toyguru answered that one in the Toyguru Mattycollector.com September Q&A thread. He said that the spell of Separation separated the Snake Men's spliced DNA. So I guess Mekaneck was saved, if anyone didn't kill him before the spell was cast.

However this brings up another TWO points (remember what I said earlier about this comic generating many questions?)...

B) Wasn't it bad for the Spell of Separation to be cast again anyway or it would split the planet apart?
    Maybe Orko is powerful enough to focus the spell on the snake men specifically. But it's all still conjecture on my part. My one issue is that the Zodac in the chair appears to be the same one in battle. I am assuming the color guy just messed up.

Personally the spell of separation seems like a lazy way to kill the snakes. I would've loved to see HM wear the snake armor to bring them all down.

Orko said and i quote:

HEY, SNAKES!
    I CAST UPON YOU!
    THE SPELL OF SEPARATION!!
    I guess that means Two Bad is "safe" since he isn´t a snake and Mekaneck should be seperated from his snake form.

By far the best mini comic, I love the artwork. This is what I wanted the DC books to look like. I loved Mer-Man in the beginning! NA Skeletor looks impressive. Obviously the story is a lil rushed... I think Mattel Should look into drawing this story out a lil more and making a trade paperback. WOuld be the best graphic novel ever!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's the Great Black Wizard

It's definitely the Chaos Warlock from
    Hero Quest...down to the ball between the horns on the helmet!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm with you. If they really felt the need to kill Duncan then they owe it to the character to have come up with a better way for it to happen. The MOTU I've known all my life has been very clear in it's message that every life should be saved. What gives Clamp Champ the right to make the call to kill Duncan. Heck, even when the enemies are captured they are kept alive in the palace prison. Why couldn't Snake Man-At-Arms be put in one of them too - especially as it would give them the chance to try and find a way to restore him to his pre-snake self.

Big time FAIL.

Finally got my figures today & I was very pleased with the comic, it was action packed & included a ton of characters but also left me with more questions (most of which has already been mentioned here...) Skeletor took the prize for the coolest. I also liked Teela getting in on the action by having her BG look under the hood. Also characters like Saurod, Frosta, Glimmer, Dittstroyer, Scare Glow, Photog, Draego, Zodac, Red Beast, etc. were all nice surprises to see squeezed in every once of illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Ranks along Storms line in the X-men film "do you want to know what happens when a Toad gets hit by lightning? Same as everything else"
    One of the worst lines in Movie History imho.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Master of New Adventures!
    I enjoyed this, too.

Scott was kind enough to present me with a copy at The Power-Con, turning it to the second to the last page and, with a wink, asking me to read the second to the last panel.

Interesting...verrrrrrrrry interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I loved Skeletor's transformation into NA Skeletor! The design REALLY looked good! I hope we see him next year!

It was a fun comic. Seeing NA Skeletor and the Starship Eternia were so cool! I can't wait until I can one day figure out a way to display my MOTUC NA figures with my Starship Eternia. I need a room for that, though.

To really show off an epic battle, you really need more room, of course, but as with all of these I thought it was fun for what it was. I was kind of hoping to get more of a hint at the He-Ro, Son of He-man stuff in this issue, but it was already jam packed. Maybe some day.

The Clamp Champ moment just strikes me as plain weird the way it was staged. I wish he'd had looked like he was in more immediate physical jeopardy, like Duncan was about to make a killing blow himself. The way it came off, it just looked like it should have been avoidable.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Evil-Lyn's natural look probably would match the Faceless One's colors. Besides, is Evil-Lyn's natural colors being her 200X colors such an insult when Evil-Lyn is yellow skinned the majority of the time?
    What?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your response right but as I see it Evil-Lyn was portrayed with normal skin tone and her purple outfit in both cartoons and a large number of other media. This is the look many fans know and prefer better, so yes I do find it a bit of a nasty jab to be told she only looks like that in this continuity once she's lost all her powers.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

I would jump on this too! I would love more vintage monsters & wizards.
    I'm still hoping for a MVC Skeleton warrior pack, Kobolds, Rock Golem, Dark Dream, Masks of Power Demons, Dark Wing, Eldor, Kelklar & more old wizards.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. always in instances like this the hero knocks them out. not kills them the way he did. and you know to do that with his clamp was well...

Evil Lyn was yellow in the battle ground so she must have turned yellow some other way(not from loosing her magic). And when did she escape to the future?

- - - Updated - - -

Would Two-Bad become Tuvar and Baddhra again, undoing Skeletor's spell?
    poor Tuvar & Baddra would they ever be separated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    It's definitely the Chaos Warlock from
    Hero Quest...down to the ball between the horns on the helmet!
    sure is I looked it up. fits well into motu. I want him now! d*** u mattel! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I'm with you. If they really felt the need to kill Duncan then they owe it to the character to have come up with a better way for it to happen. The MOTU I've known all my life has been very clear in it's message that every life should be saved. What gives Clamp Champ the right to make the call to kill Duncan. Heck, even when the enemies are captured they are kept alive in the palace prison. Why couldn't Snake Man-At-Arms be put in one of them too - especially as it would give them the chance to try and find a way to restore him to his pre-snake self.

Big time FAIL.
    yes big fail. now the son of he-man future story line will not have duncan in it. very sad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    To really show off an epic battle, you really need more room, of course, but as with all of these I thought it was fun for what it was. I was kind of hoping to get more of a hint at the He-Ro, Son of He-man stuff in this issue, but it was already jam packed. Maybe some day.

The Clamp Champ moment just strikes me as plain weird the way it was staged. I wish he'd had looked like he was in more immediate physical jeopardy, like Duncan was about to make a killing blow himself. The way it came off, it just looked like it should have been avoidable.
    who knows it would be cool to see a comic leading into the son of he-man story like they did with the preternia story.

the death of M@A would have been more believable if it were an accident.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Let's see some images. Copyright law allows 20% of the work to be shown.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I loved this issue, the all out brawl was something I've wanted to see for 30 years. However, I'm ****** at the fact that mechaneck was also a snakeman too, I knew about Duncan but nobody said nothing about the neck man. Still a very good issue and I loved getting mini comics again.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I loved this issue, the all out brawl was something I've wanted to see for 30 years. However, I'm ****** at the fact that mechaneck was also a snakeman too, I knew about Duncan but nobody said nothing about the neck man. Still a very good issue and I loved getting mini comics again.
    Once a Snake always a snake I believe King Hsss said in the episode 40 comic.

Again i'm reading excuses as to why Duncan has to die blah blah we CAN NOT truly gage in one page what horrors and terror MAA raged upon the Eternia during his time as SMAA.
    Last edited by Coptur; September 26, 2012 at 12:31pm.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Let's see some images. Copyright law allows 20% of the work to be shown.
    I for one could really use some more reference pics of the Bionatops for my custom...
    Pictures of the beast itself would suffice.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!