Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini Comic issue 3 (SPOILERS)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    What?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your response right but as I see it Evil-Lyn was portrayed with normal skin tone and her purple outfit in both cartoons and a large number of other media. This is the look many fans know and prefer better, so yes I do find it a bit of a nasty jab to be told she only looks like that in this continuity once she's lost all her powers.
    Oh, I understand now.

I think some fans hated the high Simpson's yellow of the original Evil-Lyn and wanted her to be more pale colored like Filmation. I'm not sure how popular that look is compared to her 200X look, but I'm certain that all of her looks are popular...except the purple Maleficent look.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I loved this issue, the all out brawl was something I've wanted to see for 30 years. However, I'm ****** at the fact that mechaneck was also a snakeman too, I knew about Duncan but nobody said nothing about the neck man. Still a very good issue and I loved getting mini comics again.
    Yeah I too wonder if the spell of seperation affected Mekaneck and turned him back, if Man-At-Arms could be saved (hopefully he is my fav) and if the spell turned Two Bad back to normal......

Awesome issue I love how everything was tied up in the end. The splash page of the battle was a fanboys wetdream come true. They even had Double Trouble and Saurod in the mix(I really hope we get figures of these 2). Makes me wonder if we are going to get Terror Claws and Flying Fists variants. Man this line has to last I would love to get all the characters that were included in the massive final battle scene. It is truly amazing to count off all the ones we have gotten so far.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Once a Snake always a snake I believe King Hsss said in the episode 40 comic.
    yeah, something like that. once a snake man always a snake man. this was the unfinished myp cartoon second season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Awesome issue I love how everything was tied up in the end. The splash page of the battle was a fanboys wetdream come true. They even had Double Trouble and Saurod in the mix(I really hope we get figures of these 2). Makes me wonder if we are going to get Terror Claws and Flying Fists variants. Man this line has to last I would love to get all the characters that were included in the massive final battle scene. It is truly amazing to count off all the ones we have gotten so far.
    yeah, no kidding. I must have them all! specially Evil Seed, Prahvus, Miro & the others.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

We know everyone is excited to read these, but we respect people's copyrights and requesting scans of the current mini-comics are not allowed. Thanks for understanding!

Skeletlors NA look is freaking perfect!! If his figure turned out like that, he'll be amazing.

Loved Faker driving the Landshark!

It looks like the FFM character used elements from He-Mikes custom. Probably easier to name characters not in it.

Anyone find out who some of the other unnamed characters were like the four arm robot?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Toyguru answered that one in the Toyguru Mattycollector.com September Q&A thread. He said that the spell of Separation separated the Snake Men's spliced DNA. So I guess Mekaneck was saved, if anyone didn't kill him before the spell was cast.

However this brings up another TWO points (remember what I said earlier about this comic generating many questions?)...

A) Would Two-Bad become Tuvar and Baddhra again, undoing Skeletor's spell?

B) Wasn't it bad for the Spell of Separation to be cast again anyway or it would split the planet apart?
    IMO:
    A) Well considering he stated the spell affected their spliced (from that term I would define it as a manufactured process) DNA, and with Skeletor's spell mystical in nature (if the keep this part of Two-Bad's Bio) that the spell didn't (ironic though it should feel it should be magic vs magic)?

B) Maybe if we ever got a continuing storyline that would've been a plot slowly developing?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Skeletlors NA look is freaking perfect!! If his figure turned out like that, he'll be amazing.
    Sorry, I disagree. His helmet looks ridiculous IMO. The rest of him is pretty cool though. I was never a fan of the red circutry plate on his chest but since we now know it's covering up some serious buzz saw damage I have embraced it.

I know variants aren't everyone's cup of tea but the evolution of Skeletor is awesome. I really hope we get Terror Claws!

The one part of the comic I don't get is why Skeletor would leave Eternia in search for the power of the universe when it is located on Eternia??!! Has he given up on the power Grayskull in search of the old skool power in the form of a dictatorship at the top of the Horde ranks, or has the techno virus clouded his goals in life?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Sorry, I disagree. His helmet looks ridiculous IMO. The rest of him is pretty cool though. I was never a fan of the red circutry plate on his chest but since we now know it's covering up some serious buzz saw damage I have embraced it.

I know variants aren't everyone's cup of tea but the evolution of Skeletor is awesome. I really hope we get Terror Claws!

The one part of the comic I don't get is why Skeletor would leave Eternia in search for the power of the universe when it is located on Eternia??!! Has he given up on the power Grayskull in search of the old skool power in the form of a dictatorship at the top of the Horde ranks, or has the techno virus clouded his goals in life?
    Maybe he left Eternia because (although it was a very quick process) during his transformation Skeletor became aware of Evil Lyn's deception and it was revealed that Skeletor's son is a potential key to the Powers of Grayskull but has been transported off planet? So Skeletor after numerous attempts and fails at acquiring Grayskull's Power figures it's no big thing to venture off knowing that his newly discovered secret could potentially be his newest advantage and finally pay dividends???

Uh, I'm at a loss because Hordak shreds Skeletor and the next page just shows Skeletor transform in NA and leave, but what the hell happened to Hordak? He wasn't dealt with...
    Love the visuals but yet again very loose in story and holes a many....
    Sign me up for the Graphic Novel remake!!!
    Last edited by Nemisythe; September 26, 2012 at 10:21pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Toyguru answered that one in the Toyguru Mattycollector.com September Q&A thread. He said that the spell of Separation separated the Snake Men's spliced DNA. So I guess Mekaneck was saved, if anyone didn't kill him before the spell was cast.
    I think we could interpret that the other way and consider the possibility that the spell killed Mekaneck. It would better explain why CC took out Duncan when/why he did, better to go out in battle as a warrior than get dissolved by a spell.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

its cool that we got these comics.. (minus some ridiculous characters included) but i'm glad to see them battle.. but as for the title powers of grayskull.. from preternia in the beginning (real pog) to all the universe of POP, NA, motu. made of characters, that was strange, imo.

i want the 80's POG comics and see how those last 2 parts would have been
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

This third mini-comic was a fun treat with the third quarterly variant for 2012. The action and cameos are great, but the continuity errors are horrendous. Do the MOTUC bios supersede the mini-comics, or do the mini-comics' representation of events take precedent? Also, who exactly on the MOTUC development team had it in for poor Duncan? Yeesh, even in the 200X cartoon, the plan was to eventually return Man-At-Arms to normal after a brief stint as a Snakeman. Such a core and principle character of the Masters of the Universe didn’t need to die so needlessly. Also, that “Spell of Separation” doesn’t seem to “separate the snake from the man” as much as it separates the Snakemen from existence. They literally go up in puffs of smoke. Maybe it separates the Snakemen who were turned by the Ring of Serpos like (presumably) Mekaneck (or the late Man-At-Arms). I think after 4 years of MOTUC, the development team could be a little more transparent with their creative writing process than “keep reading the bios.” How about some directors’ commentary on the darker turns in the MOTUC continuity?
    Wolfman Jake

I keep looking at the Black Wizard and feel reminded of something:

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I am so mad I never was able to get the fourth expansion pack.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman Jake View Post
    This third mini-comic was a fun treat with the third quarterly variant for 2012. The action and cameos are great, but the continuity errors are horrendous. Do the MOTUC bios supersede the mini-comics, or do the mini-comics' representation of events take precedent? Also, who exactly on the MOTUC development team had it in for poor Duncan? Yeesh, even in the 200X cartoon, the plan was to eventually return Man-At-Arms to normal after a brief stint as a Snakeman. Such a core and principle character of the Masters of the Universe didn’t need to die so needlessly. Also, that “Spell of Separation” doesn’t seem to “separate the snake from the man” as much as it separates the Snakemen from existence. They literally go up in puffs of smoke. Maybe it separates the Snakemen who were turned by the Ring of Serpos like (presumably) Mekaneck (or the late Man-At-Arms). I think after 4 years of MOTUC, the development team could be a little more transparent with their creative writing process than “keep reading the bios.” How about some directors’ commentary on the darker turns in the MOTUC continuity?
    Well said.
    I like how the motu story is being connected with preternia, pop, n/a & son of hm. but I do wish the writing decisions were more transparent. I have little faith in the writing. I feel that there will be contradictory & failed logic is some areas. Some story or expectation will get forgotten to be included. There are some things the fans have more knowledge of then the the ones who own the property.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    So wait, do we see the front of Bandwidth and Red Shadow from the last mini comic? I thought their faces were going to be shown in this mini comic. Maybe Bandwidth is the robotic character? He was green when we last saw him.
    Who are these 2 characters you are talking about. Please post pics!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    its cool that we got these comics.. (minus some ridiculous characters included) but i'm glad to see them battle.. but as for the title powers of grayskull.. from preternia in the beginning (real pog) to all the universe of POP, NA, motu. made of characters, that was strange, imo.

i want the 80's POG comics and see how those last 2 parts would have been
    yeah, that three parter was a new direction for the line, to take place in Eternia's past, seemed like an epic story to play ou, from what I hear this story is setting up NA, which may not have existed if Mattel went ahead with POG.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah, that three parter was a new direction for the line, to take place in Eternia's past, seemed like an epic story to play ou, from what I hear this story is setting up NA, which may not have existed if Mattel went ahead with POG.
    IMO it is a shame they didn't follow through with POG. Dinosaurs took off in the late 80's, I would say even more so than any space property. I am hoping they butcher the NA story and make it more accessible to the fans that hated it.

I'm hoping Hordak shows up later and helps kill Horde Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    IMO it is a shame they didn't follow through with POG. Dinosaurs took off in the late 80's, I would say even more so than any space property. I am hoping they butcher the NA story and make it more accessible to the fans that hated it.

I'm hoping Hordak shows up later and helps kill Horde Prime.
    You don't know how EXCITED I was when all this new stuff was on the horizon in the 80s, Imagine PoG was out to capitalize on Jurassic Park?!? sigh I hate to wonder about what could have been but man, what could have been!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Sorry, I disagree. His helmet looks ridiculous IMO.
    Everytime I see NA Skeletor and his helmet look, I think of this:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I really loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved this mini comic! WOW !

Here are my highlights:

• Prahvus !!!
    • The big gun of Skeletor, Fantastic! I want it in Motuc. I've asked TG in ask matty to learn more about it
    • The Great Black Wizard, very cool one! I want to learn more about him too. I hope it's planned in the Motuc canon
    • King Miro's look is awesome
    • Evil seed!
    Last edited by Arvulis; September 28, 2012 at 05:19pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman Jake View Post
    The action and cameos are great, but the continuity errors are horrendous. Do the MOTUC bios supersede the mini-comics, or do the mini-comics' representation of events take precedent?
    I think the last thing written on the subject takes precedence. It's called a retcon.

Also, who exactly on the MOTUC development team had it in for poor Duncan? Yeesh, even in the 200X cartoon, the plan was to eventually return Man-At-Arms to normal after a brief stint as a Snakeman. Such a core and principle character of the Masters of the Universe didn’t need to die so needlessly.
    Supposedly, Mattel Management had given Toyguru a MANDATE™ that promotes the newer characters. This is Transformers the Movie logic at best, where Hasbro killed off beloved old, major characters because they weren't selling their figures anymore. This really wasn't needed. TG said that he wanted to move the story forward, but I think he went a little too far in doing so when he killed the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms and Stratos.

I think after 4 years of MOTUC, the development team could be a little more transparent with their creative writing process than “keep reading the bios.” How about some directors’ commentary on the darker turns in the MOTUC continuity?
    Back when the bios started, fans wanted to hear form the bio writers (which turned out to be Toyguru himself). But I think he didn't wish to speak on any of the new additions to the mythos because the fans were tearing any new material apart.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

This comic kicked a lot of booty!

I was so excited to see so many great characters in it.

Here's some random thoughts and feelings I had:

-I loved Skeletor and his cronies fighting alongside the heroes. (Although, as Toyguru recently stated at Matty, there were clearly quite a few shenanigans and turning upon one another...

-Marlena fighting in her old spacesuit rocks!

-I want TC Skeletor to come with that wicked Bone Blaster.

-A Fighting Foe Man! Now I'm even more excited for them!

-I didn't know the Star Sisters could fly!

-I really want Snale Mekaneck (and Snake Teela, but I wonder whether she's ever turned in MOTUC continuity now...) I hope Orius survived though.

-I also wonder whether the Spell seperated Two-Badd....?

-Okay, I think I figured out why Teela dyed her hair. She just found out she is a clone. (This-finally-dawned on me while rereading the whole series this afternoon. She wants to maintain some originality!) (Oh, and I want that cloak to put on my BGTeela.)

-Orko is a bad dude. I always knew it. He took out the entire race of Snake Men!

-The Great Black Wizard, clearly a nod to the old Milton Bradley game...can we have him, Mattel? I must know more about this cat.

-Okay, when we get Entrapta, she HAS to have bendy hair braids. I'm okay with Octavia, I guess, but this has to be.

-Toyguru, can you confirm which Zodac/k was which? It looks like both were Zodac on the splash pages, with Kar-Tor only clearly represented in Tundaria. The white marks on the chair-riding Enforcer make me think that is him again with Randor and the kings. Also, can we get labeled page-screens with all the new characters pointed out and identified?

-Red Beast/Bear! Want!

-Duncan VS. CC: Ouch! (This exemplifies how the shortage of space limited how much detail the story could get. Understandable, but I want more!)

-So, Hordak's...dead, right? Or really skinny. His pants are falling off...

-What was that Hordak-looking 4-armed thing?

-I thought we would get an in-Universe explanation for DB Skeletor's new fins on his arms (other than looking more Vinatge)...

-NA Skeletor looks wicked and I loved how they handled that transformation. (Is Bionatops healed now?) Plus, he has Hordak's power now?!?! I love it. Love, love, love it. I do wonder about his quick decision to leave Eternia; it was always pretty paramount to Hordak, Hssss (and by extension The Nameless One), and Keldor. Of course, the power came from the Trollans/Guardians of Oa , so I guess maybe Skeletor now knows that there are bigger fish to fry. (His sudden "awareness" leads me to think he might have culled Hordak's memories and knowledge as well...) So Horde Prime is in his crosshairs now.

-Can we get a sequel?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Just a thought, could the great black wizard be the unnamed one?

Supposedly, Mattel Management had given Toyguru a MANDATE™ that promotes the newer characters. This is Transformers the Movie logic at best, where Hasbro killed off beloved old, major characters because they weren't selling their figures anymore. This really wasn't needed. TG said that he wanted to move the story forward, but I think he went a little too far in doing so when he killed the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms and Stratos.
    The new direction contradicts the story of N/A & Son of He-Man. The Sorceress was in N/A & gave He-Man council. Teela was in it too but it was clear that she was not the Sorceress. In SOHM M@A was written into the story. So all this goes out the window & fans must forget about it for the new story going forward.