Thread: Question about the diversity.

Question about the diversity.

I don't exactly remember if they ever covered it, but why (besides toy marketing) is Eternia flooded with so many races and breeds of things. Not even the Star Wars cantina had that many, and they were a pit stop for space travelers. Just always bugged me. All those odd people and the big story was Prince Adam's mother being from Earth, like whoop de. :P
    Think my Modulok needs an O-Ring fix.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    According to the Sorceress, Eternia is an unusual planet for it is located directly in the center of the universe. It was there that the explosion took place that created the universe billions of years ago.

Ergo, one would expect the oldest planet in the universe, and the first planet to have life, to have more diversity of life than any other place.

To expand upon what Adam said, aside from it's own geographic features that would give rise to different pigmentation and physical variance through ages of offspring in a culture, Eternia is also at the crossroads of magic. So this could also be cause for many of the unique species that exist as who knows what sort of effect magic has on diversity.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Ahh, so it is like a cantina from Star Wars,
    But then don't you kinda feel bad for even the villians?
    There stuck there, Skeletor sits on his ass and takes advantage, and didn't Hordak also live there before being sold out by Skeletor? That's alot of different mojo going on.
    Think my Modulok needs an O-Ring fix.

I could be wrong but I believe Diversity is an old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    The different species around could have been connected the genetic scientists 'space immigrants' from Robotech/Macross.
    ...?

Maybe I think to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    The different species around could have been connected the genetic scientists 'space immigrants' from Robotech/Macross.
    ...?

Maybe I think to much.
    Except Masters of the Universe has NOTHING to do with Robotech / Macross. The real reason that Eternia has so many different species is because writers and toy designers kept on inventing new ones so Mattel would have more toys to sell.

Oh and I still hate that they say Eternia is in the center of the universe because being infinite in size the universe either A) has no center ... or B) Every single microscopic area of the universe IS the center.

I know it is just a toyline / cartoon / comic and it shouldn't annoy me but it does, just like the stupid idea we only use 10% of our brains.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Except Masters of the Universe has NOTHING to do with Robotech / Macross. The real reason that Eternia has so many different species is because writers and toy designers kept on inventing new ones so Mattel would have more toys to sell.

Oh and I still hate that they say Eternia is in the center of the universe because being infinite in size the universe either A) has no center ... or B) Every single microscopic area of the universe IS the center.

I know it is just a toyline / cartoon / comic and it shouldn't annoy me but it does, just like the stupid idea we only use 10% of our brains.
    Maybe the Universe that MOTU is part of, has a center and it works in a different way from ours (according to the MOTU mythos, the MOTU Universe is created by "magical" or "mystical" energy). MOTU is Fantasy afterall doesn't need to make a sense from a scientific or realistic point of view. Eternia is more like the "magical" center of the Universe (and less in cosmologic terms), and a crossroad of different universes and dimensions. So these factors "magic" and "interdimesional crossroad" can explain all these different species and races. Of course the real reason is to make more toys, but storywise they found a simple and clever way to justify Eternia's uniqueness and diversity and make it work too.
    Last edited by granamyr80; December 11, 2015 at 10:58am.