Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Spikor Staction

New Spikor Staction

UPDATE

Nearly finished! :-)

This will be a 3D printed Staction when it's done.

Last edited by Neo; March 3, 2016 at 05:36am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Given how awesome your Scare Glow staction turned out, I am looking forward to this !

Regards,
    Victor P.

Heroic Warrior
    As always, Amazing work!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :-)

Keep it doin man!
    I loved stactions back in 2007 and spikor would have definitively benefit of this treatment!

are you doing this with 3d printer???? uao! I cant believe the level of technology reached by the mankind , sorry toys' corporations
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

"The most powerful MOVIE in the universe" (fingers crossed)

Oh I will, don't worry haha. Yeah these are printed in 3D and then cast and painted. They look really nice. I did a Scareglow before and that one looks and feels like a production piece. If you saw it you wouldn't say it came out of a printer.

The toy companies have nothing to fear though. A print like this costs waaaaay more then a regular figure would.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    Keep it doin man!
    I loved stactions back in 2007 and spikor would have definitively benefit of this treatment!

are you doing this with 3d printer???? uao! I cant believe the level of technology reached by the mankind , sorry toys' corporations

Spikor is one of my faves, whats the next neo??? I'd like to see stactions of Count Marzo 200x, Shokoti, Shadow Weaver, Eldor, King Grayskull and many more

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really excited to see him finished! I have always been depressed that Spikor didn't get the staction treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    Spikor is one of my faves, whats the next neo??? I'd like to see stactions of Count Marzo 200x, Shokoti, Shadow Weaver, Eldor, King Grayskull and many more
    After Spikor probably Moss Man, Extendar or Prahvus. Not sure yet.. I might also tackle Kahn and Faker.. Keep an eye on my Facebook page for updates on that. ;-)

Marzo is on the radar as well, but he will look an aweful lot like the classics figure. That one is pretty much 200X in looks.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I'm really excited to see him finished! I have always been depressed that Spikor didn't get the staction treatment!
    Yeah me too. Spikor would have rocked and he is one of Skeletors core baddies imo.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Really wish I could see the picture since he is one of my all time favorites, I'll have to try a different computer....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Really wish I could see the picture since he is one of my all time favorites, I'll have to try a different computer....
    Hang on. Let me try something.

Edit: there yah go.

foto.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    After Spikor probably Moss Man, Extendar or Prahvus. Not sure yet.. I might also tackle Kahn and Faker.. Keep an eye on my Facebook page for updates on that. ;-)
    Marzo is on the radar as well, but he will look an aweful lot like the classics figure. That one is pretty much 200X in looks.
    Ohh yeah, they're all cool choices !!!
    Marzo needs to be based on the motuc/200x style, sure

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Hang on. Let me try something.

Edit: there yah go.

foto.JPG
    Awesome! Thanks!
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Im liking that face...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Im liking that face...
    Thanks man. :-)

Still work in progress...

Heroic Warrior
    just now seeing this thread.

That is nice.

If the staction comes out like that then then that will be a nice looking station.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    just now seeing this thread.

That is nice.

If the staction comes out like that then then that will be a nice looking station.
    Thanks, that's the idea.

Amazing digital sculpt Neo. He looks so thuggish! I'd love to get an idea of the process you use to put these together for 3D printing... do you build the shaped up using wire frame in some 3D software program (excuse my ignorance - i've only ever used pencil/brush and paper)... i've seem a few orgers making 3D printed stuff and am intrigued as to how it's done... are there any good youtube links or tutorials?

Heroic Warrior
    I have both of Neo's Scareglow and Horde Trooper stactions and they are amazing! So looking forward to adding this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    Amazing digital sculpt Neo. He looks so thuggish! I'd love to get an idea of the process you use to put these together for 3D printing... do you build the shaped up using wire frame in some 3D software program (excuse my ignorance - i've only ever used pencil/brush and paper)... i've seem a few orgers making 3D printed stuff and am intrigued as to how it's done... are there any good youtube links or tutorials?
    Well, it kind of depends of the character I am doing... Usually I start with a base mesh which I create in 3DS Max. The number of pollies for that base mesh will de devided in Zbrush and that's where I do all the sculpting and texturing. When that's done I am left with a high res model which has to turned in to a low(er) res one in order to be printed... When that's done I send it off to the factory with detailed specifications for the colouring. Once they have made the master print they'll cast it in resin and then they'll send the painted resin version to me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    I have both of Neo's Scareglow and Horde Trooper stactions and they are amazing! So looking forward to adding this one.
    Thanks Walker.. Not sure if this one will ever see the light of day though. People aren't that interested in these statues anymore it seems...

Well, it kind of depends of the character I am doing... Usually I start with a base mesh which I create in 3DS Max. The number of pollies for that base mesh will de devided in Zbrush and that's where I do all the sculpting and texturing. When that's done I am left with a high res model which has to turned in to a low(er) res one in order to be printed... When that's done I send it off to the factory with detailed specifications for the colouring. Once they have made the master print they'll cast it in resin and then they'll send the painted resin version to me. :-)

Thanks Walker.. Not sure if this one will ever see the light of day though. People aren't that interested in these statues anymore it seems...
    I think he looks great and as I said before your hord trooper looks amazing. You have a lot more knowledge of 3D than I do. I played with zbrush but never really enjoyed it. I do love sculptris.

Have you considered doing what I plan to do with my mini sculpts. Cast low res 3D and then pour in wax and finish it off by hand? Recast and your all set. No extra factory work. Make your limited production runs more costly I would think. Of course this is still theory as I am still process of trying this.

Where do you get your 3D prints? Shapeways?
    They are printing my Fisto head now. Normally I use Sculpteo.

Anyhow looking good I hope to see him get made! If I had not sold all my figures and stactions I would add him to my collection, that trooper too for sure. I only have vintage and mini figures now.

Cool. Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by emboyd View Post
    I think he looks great and as I said before your hord trooper looks amazing. You have a lot more knowledge of 3D than I do. I played with zbrush but never really enjoyed it. I do love sculptris.
    Thanks. :-)

It's strange to me though why you don't like Zbrush. I have used sculptris before and it's basically a simplified Zbrush. In facts everything Sculptris is able to do you can do the exact same way in Zbrush. You just have to ignore all the other tools until you're comfortable with the basics. After that you'll start using the other tools organically. Zbrush has a learning curve but it's not that steep. That being said, if Sculptris is your "weapon of choice" and you enjoy working with it just continue using it. We're in it to have fun right?

Have you considered doing what I plan to do with my mini sculpts. Cast low res 3D and then pour in wax and finish it off by hand? Recast and your all set. No extra factory work. Make your limited production runs more costly I would think. Of course this is still theory as I am still process of trying this.
    Well. Not really. I did do some test with casting a while back and while I love what people are doing with it, it's not for me.
    I want my stuff to look like something you can buy in a store and that's a level of casting and painting that I will never achieve myself. There are soooo many things I want to be doing and there's so little time so in some cases I just have to find the right people to help me reach certain goals.

Where do you get your 3D prints? Shapeways?
    They are printing my Fisto head now. Normally I use Sculpteo.
    Nope. I do use Shapeways on occasion, but only for one off low budget stuff.
    The 3D prints used for my Stactions are made in China and they are extremely high quality. This also makes them quite expensive unfortunately.

Anyhow looking good I hope to see him get made! If I had not sold all my figures and stactions I would add him to my collection, that trooper too for sure. I only have vintage and mini figures now.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I get the choice you made. In fact that's one of the things I like about motu, there's something for everyone. Well.... I'm a 200x guy myself and there isn't an aweful lot for us these days haha but still. We got a 200x mini sub! (Yay)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Cool. Looking good!
    Thanks. :-)

It's been a while but here's an update for this project. It's sooo close to being finished. Any comments are welcome.
    Special thanks to Evil Mike for creating the mace. :-)