Thread: Comic Book Project - The beginning phase

Hybrid View

Comic Book Project - The beginning phase

Subscribtions... for one a blessing for others hell. For me it is hell, i cannot afford it, but i don't want every figure anyways. But i wanted is to help save the line and started something.
    To get money for a subscription i offered the users in a german Masters Forum, that anybody who will donate a bit of money, will get a free Comic made of the old 80s german audioplays (and some extras only for those who donated). Many User liked that idea and i have now 114 people who want that book and so much money left over that i suggested to print that thing.
    Only thing is now, which episode to do, we have 38 to choose from? Well, i started a poll for that and all the guys and gals that donated money will have the chance to throw in 5 titles. It ends this month, next month they will choose from the 5 most wanted episodes the ultimate one and then i will turn that audio play into a comic book.
    Sounds strange? No, and it totally works, i already have done that, privately sadly, but it works and it is a lot of fun.

But enough talk, here are some images i did the past few weeks, to keep the candle burning and to find some more people to enter my little project.

Some might recall them from facebook, now you know what they are about.

These are the countdown images, there will be more, but these are posted so far:
    The calender says "X days left until the preliminary poll"

The preliminary Poll just started, and ends this month or when all people have voted.

Here it says "Preliminary poll X days left"

And these are some Concepts of Locations and some ideas of scenes of the Audio plays:

A Character who is friends with Skeletor, but not an official character of Mattel. Name "Egam" (Mage, backwards)

The Ghost of Grayskull, which later will be the sorceress. The infos the writer got in the days were almost none. The ghost was described as red smoke with a skull and two crossed spears.

The Deathgate. Location: Desert of Time. Function: Leads you to the past

I named it "Manny goes to war". This depicts a scene in which Man-E-Faces grabs a Rocketlauncher and goes against a gigantic dragon in that episode. He is pulling a box of ammo for reloading. Around him guards are alerted and go into battle.

This isn't He-Man, it is Faker, the evil Robot imposter made by Skeletor. This scene is right before Tri-Klops tells him that he could rescue Teela from a Pantherdragon to have it easier to get into the castle. The real He-Man is trapped in the winds of time by Skeletor.

Funny little image, but i won't spoil it. Mer-Man won over He-man and Man-at-Arms is next.
    Last edited by MAXX; September 20, 2012 at 05:59am.

In this episode, Skeletor has secured some information to get immortal. Some of his friends are with him in this underground room shaped like an egg. Rattlor is missing, he isn't mentioned in this two part episode so i forgot him...
    I used the help of a 3D programm to build the device as is described as metal hedgehog. There is some strange writing on the wall and a device to start whatever it is.

This i call "night swimming" because Skeletor has a fun little Plan to gain control, he used gigantic mirrors in space to redirect the sunlight to the polecaps and melt the ice, all gets flooded and He-Man has to dive to get to the device that controls the mirrors in space. This Ball is used as a weight to get faster into the abyss.

The demon Modulok, this scene shows that Modulok can only be controlled by that ring. Well, in later episodes he will obey the commands even without the ring, sadly. I imagine him to change all the time, and get really freaky when he goes into battle.

This scene shows a moment when the royal yacht is caught in ice, made by Mer-Man and his friends and weapons to kidnapp the roal family and He-Man awaits the arrival of Man-at-Arms in the Talon Fighter, but with the fog he can't find them, so He-Man uses his sword as lamp and it also makes the fog go away. Pretty handy.

Avion, the city of Stratos. More Details only for those who paid and if that episode is chosen.

The home of Buzz Off and his race. It is a first concept, not every Detail of course can be seen here. But to show the form and how gigantic that home of his could be i made this. The next image shows a bit better the size of that thing.

This image is showing a scene of the episode and where it could be on my concept. How all the Evils got there hanging on He-Man?
    They tried to shove him down but the alle fell, and He-Man is holding Evil Lyn, on her is Tri-Klops, on him is Trap Jaw and on him is Beast man. Skeletor was told in the beginning by Zodac, he could be a winner. Here is his chance to become a winner or a victor.

And this is, what the style of the comic might be in penciled form. I will pencil the pages and sell them at the end:

In a few month i might post a sample page.

A little logo.

That's it for now. If you have questions about the project or if you want a book yourself let me know. The first batch will be in german, but when it is all finished i ask around and see how many international Masters Fans would like to have one in english, if there are enough people i would print an english version of it and send it to you. But mind you the story was made for kids in the 80s, there are no connection to the Bios or DC Books of the current time.

This is a none profit project. Everybody pays for his/her share of printing, packaging and shipping.

Looks awesome!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Looks awesome!
    what he said x2

Nice variety of illustrations! I particularly like that story about Zodac telling Skeletor he can win (but with consequences).
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Awesome.....again
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Wow, that's very cool indeed! Skeletor looks like a real menace with the scary glow in his empty eye sockets - I like that look and think it's even better than the movie scene picture you used as reference! Great work, keep it up - I know you don't just do your best, but you do your MAXXimum!

Thank you very much guys. I am very glad you like it.

And since the pencilwork is finished, a new phase has startet:

Almost done with the inking as you may see in the overview below.
    I will proceed with the text afterwards, because i don't want to paint the backgrounds and spend too much time there just to have it obscured by a speech bubble.
    After that is done, i color.

And here is a teaser of the german cover. It will be in color.

The overview

I made a video a while ago, of inking two pages of the comic, because i wanted to know how long it actually takes to ink some. My guess was about 5 hours.
    So i chose these two because i thought, "not much going on there, will be quick". Well it took me over 10 hours in total. One hour or so is missing, forgot to record.
    Also included the coloring of one of the panel, wich now looks different, i reworked it a little. This you can watch here now. I spare you my babbeling, so only video and no sound and it is not over nine hours long, only a bit over one hour, i sped it up, looks funnier.

Enjoy the first two whole pages seen of the book on the internet. Maybe let me know what you think.