Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Project - The beginning phase

The last ten days in the poll. The last ten days to decide to join.

Black Magic.

At last, the last five days of the poll.
    And Teela smiles because she knows the numbers.

Now the poll has ended at last, and i won't bother you anymore with more images.

Wich episode made it? Well, we don't know, yet, have to count and check again tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow i can present it in a little Animation.
    So for those of you who are interested, stay tuned.

Finished the animation today and send it to those guys who are in the project. Maybe i post it in a few days or so on youtube with english subtitles, since the voice of the "Man-E-Mation" is in german.

For those of you who are interessted in the progress of the comic, can check this posting. The grafic will change over the course of time.

The video für the result is now online, enjoy:

Last edited by MAXX; November 21, 2012 at 08:52pm.

"Goood neeews everyone!"
    16 pages have been layed out so far. In minutes of the audioplay it means about seven minutes. If it keeps going on like this, that i need around 10 pages for 5 minutes, then I guess the comic will have something around 80 pages...

Wow! That sounds epic

I´m sure it will be great and i was listening to "STURM AUF CASTLE GRAYSKULL" on youtube the other day after i saw this video here and i´m looking forward to see Man-At-Arms, Teela and He-Man against the Robots, the scene on the tower and the mask, are you using the ghost or the sorceress and of course a flying Ram Man along side a squeezed in the Wind Raider Battle Cat!?!

After listening to the audio story i was wondering why they used Trap Jaw instead of Tri-Klops, at least his body is human....?

Thanks Niki, yes, it will be epic and it will take longer than i hoped.

Yes, Ram Man will fly and it will look awesome when he opens that hole and is fighting the robots, i have some pics in mind wich i hope to get them into the comic. Why should he not fly?
    He could fly in the mini comics and in his new Bio (normally i ignore them) is written his armor is magical. Well, there you have it If it is magical enough to protect him, why not add the fact that it allows him to fly? At least that is my exponation.

No, i will use the ghost, like this drawing(it is not the final design, just a sketch), the sorceress appears later in the series:

I cannot answer why they used Trap Jaw and not Tri-Klops, maybe the voice actor didn't have time or was ill like the Skeletor actor in Episode 5.
    But by using Trap Jaw the effect of being fooled by a disguise is even greater when using a more... disfigured person. My designs for him are not final but you wouldn't really expect Trap Jaw if you didn't know it was him underneath. There are hints, but only for the viewer with a good eye

All that you might see next year, if you support the print.

And two more pages done in layout format. yay.

Keep at it my MOTU bro! You are banging those out super fast.

Yeah i will.
    I drew bit tonight, and here is a little teaser. Haven't updated the shart yet... i am on page 27.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    That is absolutely amazing! I love your artwork. I know all of these stories, and listen to them often while driving; I don't quite get everything, as my german is not what it used to be, but I get more of it all the time. To see an actual comic about it is unbelievable!
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Thank you very much, very glad you like the idea. And i hope i can deliver a fantastic little book for the fans.

And that being said, 2 more pages were added, 29 in total. Now the fight starts
    Just to tease the people who read this, He-Man and his friends fight lots and lots of robots.

Bigger Update was sent today to the members, 10 Layoutpages. As you can see in the graphic (couple of posts up there) i am at 39 pages at the moment. The turn of the cassette is on page 35, so if i need another 35 for the other side, then we have 70 pages of story (at the moment).

Amazing work. From concepts to finishes your work is always "fully realized". It is not too distant from iconic aspects of the characters and has your personal touch to identify it as your art. Well done. Thanks for posting your youtube, I like to see the process of others.

Thank you very much, Genyosha.

And just now i send the next update to the members, 10 pages again, and we are at 49 pages. The Audioplay lasts only 15 more minutes, and if i am right with my calculations from the beginning (5 minutes = 10 pages), we are really looking at an almost 80 page Story. It will be massive.

Last week i bought a big printer for the project and some personal work thingies...
    When i was at the store, this is what happened:
    (Saturn is a store that sells all kinds of electronics and software)

And because i didn't want to wait any longer, i did a couple of testprints for the borders i want on the board i am drawing on. After i was enough satisfied with the outcome i printed two of those boards for my test pages. The testpages are like this, i don't know if i mentioned it earlier, but to save time i was thinkin of doing it on a size that is almost equal to the finished comic book size... but to not make a mistake by not checking, i will do the same page twice now in two sizes. Basicly on 11x17 and by almost 8x11? Can't remember what it is in the end in inch.
    But anyways, i will draw the two pages up, scan them, check if i need to ink the thing, if i do, i will do that too to see what is faster, inking on a(n additional) board or digitally.
    And this is what it looks like. For size reference i put a Zodac on the printer.

This is a little side skribble on the layout page. Had to think of a way to get battle cat into the windraider, that is what came to mind (not my invention of course, it was shown on filmation).

Also appearing in an alcove in the wall: Castle Grayskull Man
    (Still the layout page, he will have his toy look in the final product)

The Layout Phase has been finished.
    I will check next week if i have to stretch it somewhere for reading pace or to ad a splash page or something. But if there will be more i won't tell, consider it a surprise for the reader.
    But the comic story has now a lenght of 75 pages.
    (see graphic several posts above)

Bad Foto of the test page, just a panel from it.

And here a finished panel from the comic.

New status graphic:
    First pages is finished (except for the lettering).

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I really love your work, MAXX, and am looking forward so much to reading the finished comic!!!
    By the way, recently, I was in the same situation as you got in at Saturn store: I intended to buy a digicam at ProMarkt which was cheaper at Amazon's internet shop... So I got it for the price that it was offered on Amazon.de, but the employee at ProMarkt looked pretty perplexed when I showed him the print of the Amazon offer, quite astonished at the much cheaper price lol.

Thanks Sharella.

Here is something new, a photo of page 1.
    It's amazing how distorted it looks... the mask of Battle Cat is way broader than on the actual paper, i checked.
    (could not take the picture directly from the top, the flash blends everything out.)

Anyways, this is just a preview of the amount of Detail that is waiting inside the comic.