Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Project - The beginning phase

As I already posted on facebook: Absolutely great job! Thanks for the awesome work! Battle Cat looks so grumpy and that fits perfectly to his performance in the German audio play!

Cheers,
    Klemens

Widget
    This looks awesome..I am still in awe of the Red Smoke/Skull picture and want one by itself. Is it to late to get on for the compete comic?

Thanks Mavericius, glad you see that too with battle cat.

@ Mekko Hotvle
    Thank you very much.
    No, it is not too late to get one. It will be too late after i printed them and have none left over
    I only closed the doors for the special inside view of my work on it, like a making of, it is part of the deal i made with the donators. Because it was a small thing at the beginning and grew pretty fast.

When i am finished with all the work i will ask how many more people want a copy, and depending on how many more will join, i raise the number of items that get printed.

On Facebook i am "collecting" international fans who might be interested in getting a comic book in english, to have see if a second print run is possible. So if you want to join there, you will get all the internet updates i post there (or if you are not on Facebook, i will post here and ask here, too):
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mas...97421906960251

What do you mean with the Red Smoke/Skull picture and want one by itself? A print of it? That can be arranged.
    Let me know.

Widget
    Yes, print o it by itself. office worthy!!! lol

Heroic Warrior
    looks fantastic, im in...

@ Zombihamma-AI
    Thank you. Welcome

Took some photos of the finished pages today, and here is a little part of page 2
    Enjoy:

Here is a status pic:

Wow man this looks awesome! I can't wait to see it finished!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post
    Thanks Sharella.

Here is something new, a photo of page 1.
    It's amazing how distorted it looks... the mask of Battle Cat is way broader than on the actual paper, i checked.
    (could not take the picture directly from the top, the flash blends everything out.)

Anyways, this is just a preview of the amount of Detail that is waiting inside the comic.

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._3734424_n.jpg
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Thanks
    Yeah, me too, but a lot of work is still ahead of me

And here is a preview of page 4.
    I added some shading to see how it might look later in the comic.

And one for page 5 but i already repaired the odd look of the sattle. But this is what i can show today.

Thank you Jukka. That looks pretty cool.

Here is a little bit from page 2, just finished the inking today. You can see the area between the dashed lines is were it will be cut and some details get lost.
    Enjoy.

Little update Teaser.
    The next 5 pages are sketched on the pages and get finishing touches at the end of the week.

Today i took a photo of page 6. They way Battle Cat and He-Man are looking up the image screemed for bad captions. Here you go:

Also over the weekend there was a question going on on Facebook about the armor, Leather color or grey.
    Well, several comments, and later many e-mails from the german part of the project want it with those beltbuckles on the back and gray, not the alcala version with the squares going all the was back.
    And so i will make it just grey and normal closing mechanism. Here are the images from that:

Yay, the project reached 250 Likes on Facebook.

To change the title image on facebook i colored yesterday this image.
    To show the difference from inking to my colors here is are the inks again:

And this is what it looks like in the end, in the comic.

Hope yo like it and have a nice weekend.

That forest image is great!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Thanks, glad you like it.

Here is another little preview, unspectacular from page 9.

Heroic Warrior
    its going to be amazing DC should take a look to give them a clue

Thank you

And because today was a nice sunny day, i wanted to get outside, have a little walk. And that reminded me of a panel i drew last week and gave it that little musice notes, kinda fitting.

Due to a huge amount of work i don't find the time to proceed with the pages as i want to... but here is a little bit, enjoy and a good weekend:

Today i found some little time to quickly layout the pencils on page 12. This is what panel 4 looks like. Only an incantation and a lightshow with Orko there. Yes, he won't have pupils while doing his magic.
    Enjoy.

And i got another one. The sun is shining so bright in my room i cannot see my work on the monitor, so i took my board and drew the layout of page 13 on my artboard that is now waiting to get fixed and detailed. This image i find kinda representable, so i share it. It is Man-at-Arms, dining. They have a feast at on this page and because it is polite not to wear a helmet while indoors and eating, he is showing his 200X haircut. Also a mustach because i like it better, more fatherlike. You might see the shield is missing, well, with that thing in front of the face it is kinda hard to eat and drink. So i took it away and whenever danger is near, it will appear kinda like the 200X Cartoon.
    Enjoy:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post
    Thanks Sharella.

Here is something new, a photo of page 1.
    It's amazing how distorted it looks... the mask of Battle Cat is way broader than on the actual paper, i checked.
    (could not take the picture directly from the top, the flash blends everything out.)

Anyways, this is just a preview of the amount of Detail that is waiting inside the comic.

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._3734424_n.jpg

Your work is always impressive; I particularly like the blend of the light-hearted cartoon-theme with the more serious aspects underlying this. It shows in the sombre backgrounds, as opposed to the bright and colourful figures participating in the action.

You have a very real talent!

Thank you very much.

Here is something new. Due to work and the resulting lack of time i can't work as much on the book as i would want to, but i manage to get some time here and there and yesterday was such a day and i finished a little panel (oh, how pathetic compared to the work that still waiting...). Anyways, this image is sporting Teela and a... guest, the smiley will be removed before it gets released of course. But the focus is on Teela, i loved that bust that Baena and the other guys made, and i did the sketch of her and asked and showed it to Baena if i may use it in the comic, he said yes, i am glad and delighted and here she is, the banquet Teela :
    I know, the drawing could be better, but the time... the time...

Heroic Warrior
    Wonderful! I think that your chosen style is great - and so fitting to the subject-matter, too!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. Bravo.