• D-List

23 19.83%
  • Z-List

19 16.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank Ninjor's Importance

Rank Ninjor's Importance

Next up is the Evil Warrior's sneaky ninja, Ninjor!

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I voted Z-lister and NOT variant worthy. When characters like Ninjor came into the line, it started to free fall. Nostalgia may bump him up for some, but a ninja wearing an iron on t-shirt doesn't work for me.

Now if the 4H sculpt Sho Kosugi's face underneath the mask, I might consider him a C-lister.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

D list. Hardly even a character. In fact, I'd be fine with Ninjor as a character being replaced by generic "ninjors", an army builder squad of ninjas that Jitsu orders around.

I just thought of that. I'm brilliant.

I want Ninjor in MOTUC!!! BADLY!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    He is the only evil warrior that is a definite sell for me.

(*disclaimer* the Horseman could always surprise me and dazzle me with this figure, Jitsu had been a sell for me as well until I saw him in Classics glory! But still...the character holds no attachment for me)
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    C-List and not variant worthy. I love the Evil Warriors but even have to say Ninjor is pretty obscure. However, he is evil so he automatically jumps up one rating scale. Perhaps if Ninjor were treated like Skeletor's personal bodyguard like Storm Shadow is for Cobra Commander he could ascend up the popularity ladder more.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 5, 2012 at 08:30pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I think he's a C-lister. BUT... I still want one badly! Think about it... he's a ninja AND a MOTU figure! A NINJA!! How freakin cool is that??

Easily forgettable, and of course non-variant-worthy. One of the most uninspired and unoriginal characters of the vintage line, and one of those whose mere presence strongly breaks the suspension of disbelief—how is Eternia supposed to be a different planet, if it features a character taken straight out of one very particular and unique Earthly culture (down to the minutest and most characteristic details)?

I could somewhat accept a character with some features obliquely inspired by things Japanese; but a straight rip-off, a genuine-looking ninja with a katana and nunchaku? Come on. What's next? A genuine Heroic Australian aborigine with boomerang and didgeridoo accessories? An Evil Aztec eagle warrior with obsidian maquahuitl and full quetzal-feathered glory ready to rip He-Man's friends' hearts off in honour of Huitzilopochtli? An Heroic Tibetan lama with a wheel of dharma? An Evil Spanish Inquisitor with medieval torture weapons? A Horde Zulu chieftain or Great Rebellion Roman Emperor? Pffft. Some originality, please.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

no variant c list.

I vote for B-lister. I never owned him as a kid and can't wait to see how the 4H make him shelf worthy (they all are). Variant worthy? Maybe reversed colors? All red ninja with black emblem? I would actually like that.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I wouldn't care if we never get him...

Z-lister for me.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I LOVE NINJOR!!! Please give us Ninjor, Mattel!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I feel he is a guest star character.
    he is a jin that is summoned when needed for special missions in my cannon.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    D-List Not variant worthy.
    He would be a character I'd rather see after 2015.
    Not important, or a must, but I would like him eventually.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    I always liked him

If I'm honest though, He's a z list nobody... and definitley not varient worthy...

Though i DO want two heads with him!!!

Ehhh probably should have said 'D' list... there are lot WORSE characters in the mythos then ninjor

For people arguing that a ninja doesn't belong on an Eternian landscape:

Everything from MOTU has some inspiration from us earthlings. Right down to the base MOTU charcters. I'd say that a lot of the look is Germanic. The architecture of Castle Grayskull seems to be. There is sure a lot of a Romanesque presence as well (Skeletor's armour). When I think of MOTU I think of barbarians and I also think of how eclectic it is. I mean come on we've got a cow boy, and lots of super hero type characters.

If anything Ninjor fits in a lot better than some other characters. Ninjas sort of existed in medievil japan right? To me it looks like a lot of the characters are influenced by a medievil look just from another part of the world.

I think the only reason most people think he is a c lister is just because he was never utilized. Imagine if he would of shown up in a MYP episode.

I LOVE Ninjor and would be ecstatic if he came sooner rather than later. I don't know how to say this more plainly. NINJAs ROCK and so does MOTU. What a combo! Like peanut butter and jelly!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to troop-build MOTUC Ninjors. One of the few figures I didn't have as a kid.

Snappy Threader
    Ninjor is one of my ALL TIME favorites. But, I voted C-List just becasue he wasn't getting much attention back in the day.

C-List and Not Variant Worthy. Having said that, i really look forward to seeing Ninjor as a Classics figure!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    For people arguing that a ninja doesn't belong on an Eternian landscape
    I can add somethin' more important!
    Ninjor doesn't belong on an Eternian landscape because he isn't from Eternia!
    As we learned from the minicomics he's from another dimension and in some way he can fit in the Motuverse, as far as I am concerned among the vintage figures only Rio Blast doesn't fit in the Motuverse.

P.S. I just noticed for the first time that Ninjor in the minicomic has human hands and feet!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; September 9, 2012 at 09:32am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If more things were done with him, then he would be higher on the list.

I rate him as a B-lister (he's an Evil Warrior) and not variant worthy.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

C-List, a lower-tiered one at that, with no needed variants, though I can't wait for this demon-ninja!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

C-List due to the fact that he was never fully developed as a character or truly placed on Skeletor's evil warriors' tier of usage. He came and went.

Now, he should definitely be made just not sure at what point but he should be made... maybe he can even be a PrEternia character????
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Z-list, not variant worthy. I never had this guy, and neither did any of my friends. I don't even remember seeing this guy in the stores. Looking at him now he seems like the most uninspired character in the line. I'm glad he hasn't taken up a slot in MOTUC yet.

That said, a MOTUC ninja? I kind of like that idea. A lot. Depending on how he's done, if he comes out in 2013, I could be very interested in picking him up.

He is the Clamp Champ of the Evil Warriors for me, completely boring and no interest in him.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."