View Poll Results: Part One - Now that the 30th is all revealed, I...

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • am very glad I subscribed and wanted all the characters.

32 27.83%
  • am glad I subscribed but didn't end up wanting them all

22 19.13%
  • glad I subscribed and wish I had bought more subs

0 0%
  • am glad I subscribed but wish I had bought fewer subs.

1 0.87%
  • I subscribed but wish I had not.

9 7.83%
  • didn't subscribe and glad I did not.

43 37.39%
  • didn't subscribe but wish that I had.

8 6.96%

Thread: 30th Subscription - If you knew then what you know now...

Heroic Warrior

30th Subscription - If you knew then what you know now...

Now that all the 30th figures have been released or at least revealed, share your thoughts on the sub.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I subscribed but wish I had not.

I brought the 30th sub based on the strength of Draego-Man. The reasons I subscribe is that I want everyone and I might be busy at work when the figures go on sale. Unfortunately, the other 5 characters never measured up for various reasons.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I am glad I didn't do a 30th sub, I only like Draego & CGM, and may or may not get Photog, but at least he has Vintage ties, and looks better than the other 3 crap figures.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I bought one 30th Sub, and I'm quite glad I did. Photog, Spector, Draego-Man, and SLL are fantastic additions to my collection. I've warmed up quite a bit to Cy-Chop, though I wish he came with parts to create his previous form, and CGM, while not initially my cup of tea, at least boasts a wicked Bio and at its core is a stellar idea. (I'm still just a smidge bitter that none of my submissions even placed...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I have a sub and I like all the figures. I like having new characters in the line.

I did not subscribe and I am glad I did not. I only want 2 out of 6 of the figures.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    didn't subscribe and glad I did not.

The only character of the 30th Anniversary figures I added to my collection is Draego-Man. Fearless Photog, The Mighty Spector, Sir Laser Lot... They are all boring and uninteresting to me. The only one I'll might also add to my MotUC collection is Castle Grayskullman. I generally appreciate new characters in the line, but most of the characters they released as 30th Anniversary figures don't really fit in MotUC in my opinion because in my view, they don't look like MotU characters.

I subscribed and I'm glad I did.

Draego-Man and Castle Grayskullman are my favorites. Photog was a long time coming and I was happy to finally see him made. As for Spector, Laser-Lot and Cy-Chop, they aren't my favorites but I don't needlessly hate on them, like some people seem to do.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm glad I bought the sub, but I'm disappointed in the figures I was expecting ...well characters that would be more motu & well something awesome that would grab most fans interests.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I subbed, and I am glad I did.

I think the ones who are not glad and did not sub probably are not all that big of fans anyway, which isnt a bad thing, just that why else would you be glad to not get the things you love? except you dont love them?. This was a great year.

Snappy Threader
    I didn't but I wish I did...

I am not totally warmed up to the characters, but I do wish I owuld have subbed the 30th just to have them. If that makes sense. Castel Grayskullman looks super cool. I guess the main reason I didn't want that sub was Photog, never have limed that character much.

I'm glad I subscribed but the character selection could have been better. Draego-Man is awesome. I'm not too keen on Photog but I think he was a good inclusion. Sir Laser Lot has really grown on me. I still totally hate the name but the figure is pretty neat. Especially his accessories. Spector is kinda meh. I thought he looked better in pictures then in person. I'm on the fence on the last two, they don't really excite me but I may change my mind once I have them in hand.

I'm glad I got it and will be sad when it comes to an end. I love the concept of having all new characters we have never seen before being incorporated into the line. I had said before it's like we have this picture of Motu that is getting clearer by meeting new characters and learning more about Eternia. I wish that some of the runner ups for the create a character contest had figures made too (maybe even like the top 10?) and had a extra line for those as well.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    This is one line I should have subscribed to. I have Dreago-Man and I'm awaiting for Laser-Lot to arrive. I'll definitely be buying Castle Greyskullman. I think he's simply awesome. I'll probably get Cy-chop at some point as well. He's so wacky he works for me. Like someone else said in another thread, my five year old self would have loved Cy-chop had he been released with the vintage line.

I think my least favourite of the group is Fearless Photog. I didn't know anything about him until recently, but I absolutely agree with him being the first release in this set. I even like the Mighty Spector, and will likely get him some day. Give him a couple of swords, and perhaps some new armour, and he'll be pretty cool (though I have nothing against the spade).

My only disappointment in this line is the lack of a female. I was really hoping for a cool warrior woman.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Glad I didn't subscribe. I really like Draego-Man, Fearless Photog, and Cy-Chop. I feel I could get to like Grayskull Man. Don't care for Spector or Laserlot. That's $60 I saved.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I can't say I know I would still have subbed if I'd seen Spector, Laser-Lot, and Cy-Chop back in July of 2011. I wasn't that in love with Fearless Photog either, so in the end Draego-Man and Castle-Grayskull Man are the only two I really loved. I'm glad I subbed because I support the whole thing, but yeah I can take or leave 66% of the line and I'm sorry that's the case. I'm glad we have more figures, but the recent what-if thinking about Vikor, Demo-Man, and maybe Oo-Lar being in the 30th instead of Spector, Laser-Lot, and Cy-Chop does sound like a much much more appealing line to me. Then again, that makes the 30th predominantly sword and sorcery, so I guess that's the trouble, I tend to like that stuff more.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

didnt' subscribe, glad i did not. Only Draego-Man IMO is a worthy addition, I bought Photog based on his history and I KIND OF like him I alo bought laser lot he's boring but not terrible, fact is most of these 301th guys I wouldn't feel i missed anything not having them, save for draego.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I did not subscribe but wish i had. I have/will buy all the figures and am happy with them all, but it would have been easier for me to have had them ship with my regular sub. For me they are no different to other concept figures like demo man or vykron which seem to be a lot more accepted than the 30th figures.

Subbed and QUITE glad! All the 30th figures either blew me away or continued to grow on me as I got them. I am highly looking forward to the last two!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I "forgot" to get a 30th sub but wish I did get one. I thought all of them (except Draego) would be cheap and easy to get later on. Bad call on my part.

didn't subscribe and glad I did not.

MOTUC costs too much and takes too up too much space for me to add never before made characters into my collection. I'm glad for those who liked them. But they weren't for me. I bought Fearless Photog on day of sale and that was it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

At the end of it, I enjoy 5 out of the 6. Cy-Chop blows. Happy i subscribed.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I "forgot" to get a 30th sub but wish I did get one. I thought all of them (except Draego) would be cheap and easy to get later on. Bad call on my part.
    I'd like to recant the above statement. Due to the current "black wednesday" sale, I see it doesn't matter if I subbed or not. I do wish I never traded some good Joes for TMS though.

I really like all the 30th except TMS. That being said, I do appreciate all the other work Spector's creator has done for us.

Didn't sub and glad I didn't, because I didn't want or need Spector and SLL. I got what I wanted throughout the year (Cy-Chop and CGM) and on Black Friday/Cyber Monday (Photog and Draego-man), so I'm quite good.

I didn't buy a 30th sub and am glad I did not. Draego-Man is the only one I think looks awesome. I would have bought a Photog if not for the issues with the broken lenses.