Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zig Zag orders

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Sweden.jpg

Scott, here is an image of the postal labels from my September subscription items which arrived today. It shows how the "From" is Ontario, CA, yet there is a Swedish International Mail stamp just above it.

Order Number: 10825189900
    Order Date: September 12, 2012
    Shipping Date: September 18, 2012
    Arrival Date: October 5, 2012
    Last edited by Squishy Duck Man; October 5, 2012 at 08:31pm. Reason: Added additional information about the issue
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

I live in Canada. I have also had many packages with the same Sweden postal stamp posted by Squishy Duck Man and Whiplash 7. These packaged were sent with the untrackable international shipping method. These packages with the Sweden stamp took significantly longer to arrive than the packages sent before they started going through Sweden (4-6 weeks now as opposed to 2-3 weeks before; same shipping method).

Order numbers:

My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in VA but my packages go north to PA after being in NJ and then come back down to VA. Not as bad as Sweden though.

11555539122 - this one is too old to track.

It only happens to my 30th sub since I didn't realize I didn't have UPS.

Literally all of my packages this year from Matty have come from Sweden as far back as I can remember (I'm in Canada). Didn't used to be that way.

Here's the most recent ones:

Order Number: 10802407500
    Order Date: 7/11/2012

Order Number: 10688443900
    Order Date: 6/10/2012

Order Number: 10604486800
    Order Date: 5/10/2012

Order Number: 10540858300
    Order Date: 4/11/2012

Order Number: 10319424600
    Order Date: 3/10/2012

I'll be sure to post my most recent one when it (no doubt) arrives from Sweden, too. (still waiting from Sept. 15th)

From California to Sweden to Toronto, Canada.
    No tracking info. Sub.

Order Number: 10825034100
    Order Date: 9/12/2012
    (It's now October 6, and I still haven't received it yet)

Order Number: 10802713100
    Order Date: 7/11/2012

Order Number: 10688769200
    Order Date: 6/10/2012

Here's what I hate if this problem isn't fixed. Not only have you raised figure prices in 2013, but shipping charges as well. So I expect to get my figures sooner. I'll have no problem waiting until I get my King He-Man, and then just cancelling my credit card--which will cancel my sub for next year.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

got my swedish orders in today

Carrier: mail on the move
    ship: service international parcels

from Ontario California to Sweden to me.

sweden info
    dept 2184

po box 5001
    se-202 26 malmo
    sweden

Scott you want hundreds of examples, but even ONE package going from USA to Sweden to get to Canada EVERYTIME is stupid. it's unnecessary its environmentally unsound and in this day and age completely avoidable, not to mention irresponsible on mattel's part. if we DON'T get hundreds of examples (because not everyone will take the time to post the issue) how about we alert some watchdog groups? Mattel won't like the expose. I'm not making a threat but seriously there is ZERO reason for a single sub holder to have his figures shipped so inefficiently. and again in an age of environmental concerns and fuel costs/pollution issues, this should NOT be an issue and we should NOT have to wait for HUNDREDS of responses. you want proof of an epidemic when we can stop the issue at a simple localized virus issue.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 9, 2012 at 09:36pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I only gave Scott one of my tracking numbers, but he could multiply it by 30+, because pretty much anything I've bought off Mattycollector has done the zig-zag thing.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The September items all arrived in under a week, so at least for me, the issue seems to be resolved.

So yay!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Just to be clear i am not angry with scott here. I understand his point about making a case...i am just saying that in this day and age any kind of waste of resources is bad pr. So waiting for hundreds of issues here as opposed to the black plastic issue etc its just more environmentally unsound. This is a situation where we have proof that orders are taking a scenic route. It isnt a matter of qc its a matter of illogical logistics. Changing it doesnt require going to the factory. A few simple calls should answer the question and its a question we have been asking for years. Why does it take so long to get to Canada?? Now we know it goes to sweden first. But why?!?!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

master of hiphop
    Just received my order from last month 5 weeks to arrive from Sweden to Canada yet again. Scott please advise what is going on and why we have packages going from Cali to Sweden and back to Canada.. package should arrive in 2 weeks the longest.. these are taking 5-6 weeks.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Just got my September day of stuff from Sweden. Info as follows:

Order Number: 12359813422
    Order Date: 9/17/2012
    Date Received: 10/15/2012

This is another pic of the Sweden sticker on the box:

PLEASE get back to us about this, Scott. These wait times are absolutely ridiculous and there is clear evidence here (with picture proof) that for whatever reason, our packages are being sent to Sweden first. It doesn't matter if it's 5 people or 1000 people...it's an issue that needs solving. Some of us have even contacted DR about the issue but to no avail...help us, ToyGuru; you're our only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    Just received my order from last month 5 weeks to arrive from Sweden to Canada yet again. Scott please advise what is going on and why we have packages going from Cali to Sweden and back to Canada.. package should arrive in 2 weeks the longest.. these are taking 5-6 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Just got my September day of stuff from Sweden. Info as follows:

Order Number: 12359813422
    Order Date: 9/17/2012
    Date Received: 10/15/2012

This is another pic of the Sweden sticker on the box:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/IMG_0187.jpg

PLEASE get back to us about this, Scott. These wait times are absolutely ridiculous and there is clear evidence here (with picture proof) that for whatever reason, our packages are being sent to Sweden first. It doesn't matter if it's 5 people or 1000 people...it's an issue that needs solving. Some of us have even contacted DR about the issue but to no avail...help us, ToyGuru; you're our only hope!
    exactly, this is something that's been happening for a while now, so multiply the users here by the months it's been going on and you have hundreds of examples. but in a case like this NO customer should have his items sent from America to Sweden to get to Canada, it makes ZERO sense.

Fear is faith in failure

Another package arrived today from Sweden:

Order Number: 10824829400
    Order Date: 9/12/2012
    Date Received: 10/16/2012

So, did TG abandon us or what?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Looks like DR is using Mattel to smuggle stuff to Sweden/Europe... Ya I said it.

So has Scott provided any update on this or was this thread just a I'll pretend to care thread?

J

Is this happening only to guys in Canada? My day-of MOTUC items and my DCIE sub figures also all have the Sweden sticker on it. Normally it takes 3-4 weeks for my sub figures to arrive, and 4-5 weeks before my sub figure arrives.

I wonder, if this is the reason why shipping cost is going to be higher next year....because we are paying for shipping to Sweden then to Canada....
    Last edited by erik352; October 17, 2012 at 10:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    So has Scott provided any update on this or was this thread just a I'll pretend to care thread?

J
    I saw an update on page 1 of this thread where Scott said he needed a lot more examples or something to that effect. But beyond that, no there has been no news on this. The Sweden thing is what is preventing me from going in on Castle Grayskull simply because I am not waiting two months for it to arrive after spending such a huge amount of money on it (and the shipping for it even at the corrected rates).
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Is this happening only to guys in Canada?
    I think there were some reports of people in South American countries having their shipments sent to Sweden first too.

Once the Ask Matty forums calm down post Grayskull shipping fiasco, I'll be sure to post on the Ask Matty forums about this again. Something seriously needs to be done about it.

Someone of facebook said this
    And the overseas stuff is shipped to Sweden instead of the US for custom costs. Sweden is the location of their overseas warehouse. That way they don't have to pay customs to the US and then to Canada or anywhere else for that matter."
    but that sounds completely WRONG. I'm not familiar with retail exports but this sounds dead wrong.

Fear is faith in failure

Well just got my day-of-sale September figures today, and also came from Sweden. here's the detail:

Order Number: 8728340748
    Order Date: September 17, 2012

So shipping took around 1 month to Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Someone of facebook said this

but that sounds completely WRONG. I'm not familiar with retail exports but this sounds dead wrong.
    I'll say it sounds dead wrong. Canada is not overseas from the USA. In most cases, it's less than 200km from the US border by LAND.

lolwut that is so beyond wrong...it doesn't even make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    I'll say it sounds dead wrong. Canada is not overseas from the USA. In most cases, it's less than 200km from the US border by LAND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    lolwut that is so beyond wrong...it doesn't even make any sense.
    yeah, I don't want to outright refute it because I AM ignorant of many import/export regulations, but this makes ZERO logical sense. (but then again so does shipping to sweden before getting to Canada! ) But do retailers pay customs for EXPORTING?? I thought custom charges were laid on those who import. I can't speak on big corporations but again, that makes no logical sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my DoS snakemen from good ol sweden!!

Fear is faith in failure

Received my September figures this week in Canada.

Order Number: 8728254748
    Order Date: Sept. 17
    Ship Date: Sept. 20
    Arrival Date: Oct. 15

And this package came from Sweden. It has the same sticker/stamp that has been posted numerous times by several independent people. This is REAL.

Sweden Stamp Matty.JPG
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.