Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

Scott has been asked to play the role of The Mighty Spector in the MOTU movie.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

We're finally getting that Pregnant Power She-Ra variant??
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I hope it is movie news. The movie forum has been kind of dead for awhile.

2014 will be 12 figures, and be all Vintage like they said....

Possibly a movie....finally

An awesome gesture to the fans and there will be some way they get all the Vintage in the works, and maybe be outside the sub in 2013, and the full on onslaught of the rest in 2014....somehow.

We'll finally be free of Black Plastic, sooner than Dekker.

Mattel will finally listen to the fans about more things....

OOO, I know DR will be gone, and we'll finally have a great online experience buying figures....yeah, I know, that'll never happen....

Whatever it is, pity at that time I'll be out....so you'll all know before me....ah well, I can wait....I just hope it's killer, and MOTUC related.

Oh, I forgot one....

Such a dramatic price increase was found to not be needed and the $22 will be the sub & DOS price....Hey a price in a contract can't go up, but it can go down....I mean would anyone be upset about that? But I can see that one guy ****** because he wants to pay $25 for his sub figures....because it's in the contract....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 21, 2012 at 10:31pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Scott will rip the flesh off of his face and replace it with that of Nic Cage proclaiming that he is not a toy guru, he is more of a toy protector.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    New House, Pink Corvette and pony accessories for The Mighty Spector?????
    CRAP
    I just Pictured Scott driving the Barbie Corvette with Teela riding shotgun as they pull up to the mansion.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Court Magician
    Battle Ram as the "big" item next year a la Granamyr. Battle Ram was printed on the white mailer box of the Wind Raider and I believe all of those items/figures that were named on other mailer boxes that way have or will be coming out (Dekker, Fighting Foe Men etc). I think that would be a great thing for them to announce for next year and would really help reinvigorate enthusiasm for the line.

Snappy Threader
    Movie which will bring Retail and Grayskull.

I hope it's not a movie announcement. Rather not see MOTU get Transformerized...

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    It very well could be Toyguru's departure from the line. He takes a lot of of abuse, some of it quite deservedly, but he may just not want to put up with the hassle anymore. He always says that this is a labor of love, and perhaps he isn't feeling the love anymore, and also sensing the line is declining, maybe he wants to move on. I hope its not, as I think that despite his shortcomings he probably cares more about this line than anyone else at Mattel that could do the job.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Scott has been asked to play the role of The Mighty Spector in the MOTU movie.
    I heard it's The Mighty Spector movie...

Geenlit by Guru Productions with two more sequels locked in. Filmed with the legendary video preview camera we've all come to love on location at mattel hq .
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    2014 has been greenlit by upper management and will be 12 figures. That's my guess and it seems the most logical. Scott has been down lately and making comments like there may not EVEN be a 2014. Maybe we were closer to the end then most thought and we dodged a bullet we didn't even know was coming?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I hope it's not a movie announcement. Rather not see MOTU get Transformerized...
    think positively, a movie being made doesn't mean it will be transformerized. Just make He-Man and co the main characters and you already avoid that trap!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Shadow-Ra on shadow weaves realm has just suggested that it could be that DC has picked up the liscence for an on-going MOTU comic series after the initial 6 issie run ends. I think this could certianly be in the realms of possibility. Maybe a bit more possible than the movie announcement or a MOTUC Castle Grayskull as much as I do want that play set. I would imagine announcing a movie has been green lit would be announced at NYCC or SDCC to get the max amount of hype. Also with the sub taking a complete battering this year I don't see Mattel expanding the line into play sets off the back of such poor sales.
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 21, 2012 at 11:57pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

The green light for vehicles and playsets, starting with Battle-Ram and Castle Grayskull. (Yeah right, whom am I kidding?)

Probably a movie announcement, with a totally new toy line to go with it?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Oooh, OOOOOOH! It's JOSH!!!!! It's gotta be!!!!!!!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I am guessing that it is the announcement of some huge sale near the end of the year, similar to last year's black friday where we get a re-release of a bunch of previously released figures or something...I just don't see how it could be a playset or vehicle thing, seeing as much gloom and doom as there has been around the line for the better part of this year.

In a perfect world, it would be the pre-order for one of those sweet eternia displays we seen last year! I would take that over a grayskull playset any day of the week!

I'm in the camp that it's probably movie related, though I wish it was an announcement for a big toy like Castle Grayskull or maybe even Gigantisaur!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    My guess is that the line is cancelled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I hope it's MOTUC related. That's where my passion lies.
    You don't say?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm highly doubtful that it is movie-related - not to knock on PowerCon, but it's a small niche convention, there will not be hordes of mainstream press there, and if it was to be announced they aren't going to send it through some lowly brand-manager for a "tiny tiny tiny tiny" toy line. Mattel likely wouldn't be part of any announcement, either - that's what the studios would do. Mattel doesn't make movies, they license properties for them.

I'd love to believe it is a Castle Grayskull, but I'm doubting it.

I'd err on the side of it being more DC comics, especially since the writer recently said he hopes that is in the works.

I'd also not be surprised if it is a big sale of existing stock - Scott has made comments lately about them cleaning out, and just mentioned very recently about them taking inventory of what they have.

Now that I think about it, it's probably the last one - sell out of existing stock. Which - does not bode well for the future of the line, IMO. It means they are reducing warehouse space for MOTUC, and since they are supposedly not making extra stock to sell later any more aside from "CS stock" to replace defectives, that means no extra figures to sell at various monthly sales (like Zodak this month, etc.).

Actually, I really think that may be what it is. We will find out soon, I guess.

First I would highly doubt it's anything negative like the end of the line.
    It would totally be against TG's rule of "Managing expectations."

Maybe MOTUC has been picked up by ratail stores or maybe just one like Toys R Us that sells a lot of "specialty" figures from Neca n such.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Biggest announcement ever? He's going to reveal he is actually the second Sith and commands for everyone start buying Star Wars toys!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Black Plastic Grayskull... can't wait!!!

It better come with a reversed Jawbridge, exploding elevator, and foam throne.

Apple has bought MOTUC and free iPhone 6's under everyone chair at the Matty Panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Black Plastic Grayskull... can't wait!!!

It better come with a reversed Jawbridge, exploding elevator, and foam throne.
    ... That would be the bomb.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.