Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

those figures look great! well done!
    not to be a downer but the other thing i see is 1 vintage figure and 2 new ones. i've been keeping a good ear to matty's "promises" and i don't see the promises of pumping out the vintage leftovers. funny how toyguru's little cubicle videos died as soon as he was blowing the party screamers.
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm at work, but YAY!!!! Octavia looks amazing as do the others. A++ job. Castle Grayskull is exciting news. I hope it looks as nice as the Icon Heroes one. Awesome Power-Con announcements!

I completely share your excitement. Ever since I saw Octavia on the She-Ra cartoon I wanted a figure of her. It's so awesome that they gave her four swords and an extremely cool squid crossbow.

I actually hope her tentacles bend, but that they use the King Hiss material instead. Her waist/hip area look perfect here as well, keep our fingers crossed that the final product looks this good!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    I'm very surprised the Castle Grayskull would cost "only" 200$...
    According to what was done with Granamyr, I thought the ideal castle Grayskull in classic style could not cost less than 300$...
    Yeah, but it seems we're not going to get anywhere near an ideal or "definitive" Grayskull. Instead, we'll get a mere redo of the same vintage 2-sided thing, only in a bit larger scale and possibly with some sculpted interior details and/or prototype details that weren't in the final product.

A huge disappointment after having imagined a Classics-sized real toy building looking like a huge "openable" Icon Heroes statue with its 4 sides, a floor, a roof and a real interior.

At least, we'll be getting some kind of CG in MotUC, although it doesn't seem like it's going to be a significant improvement over what we already have with the 200X castle, which is almost Classics-scale and has much better interior-simulating attributes than the lame vintage shell.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    i've been keeping a good ear to matty's "promises" and i don't see the promises of pumping out the vintage leftovers.
    Maybe you need to work on your actual listening skills a bit then, TG has stated multiple times, that 2013 is locked in already. Any changes would only be made to 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post

A huge disappointment after having imagined a Classics-sized real toy building looking like a huge "openable" Icon Heroes statue with its 4 sides, a floor, a roof and a real interior.
    Before we start getting disappointed, lets wait to hear a little more about it. I'm confident the Horsemen will make it look amazing.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, but it seems we're not going to get anywhere near an ideal or "definitive" Grayskull. Instead, we'll get a mere redo of the same vintage 2-sided thing, only in a bit larger scale and possibly with some sculpted interior details and/or prototype details that weren't in the final product.

At least, we'll be getting some kind of CG in MotUC, although it doesn't seem like it's going to be a significant improvement over what we already have with the 200X castle, which is almost Classics-scale and has much better interior-simulating attributes than the lame vintage shell.
    No pleasing some people, I guess.

Very logical, provided we haven't even seen it yet.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    No pleasing some people, I guess.
    Seriously, it's like, what can they possibly do to get some people excited?

Speaking for myself, I still won't be disappointed if it's only a facade. I want to see the outside of Grayskull. I don't REALLY care all that much about the insides. It's going on the shelf facing out. Maybe as we know more it'll be worth getting a couple to have both display options.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I'm stoked for the Castle! I hope the 4H gives us some actual sculpted stony floors and go all Alcala mini-comic on it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Ľ 200X Prince Adam Ľ 200X Sorceress Ľ Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    those figures look great! well done!
    not to be a downer but the other thing i see is 1 vintage figure and 2 new ones. i've been keeping a good ear to matty's "promises" and i don't see the promises of pumping out the vintage leftovers. funny how toyguru's little cubicle videos died as soon as he was blowing the party screamers.
    When Toy Guru said "Vintage", he was referring to the vintage toy lines, which includes MOTU, POP and NA. He also said that Filmation was going to get good representation as well.

1 MOTU (Snake Face)
    1 POP/Filmation (Octavia)
    1 NA (Karatti)

These reveals do hold true to his words. Besides we've gotten PLENTY of vintage MOTU in the past 4+ years, I'm glad to see more diversity in this line.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Before we start getting disappointed, lets wait to hear a little more about it. I'm confident the Horsemen will make it look amazing.
    The 4H have already made CG look amazing: just look at the Icon Heroes statue, which is a near-perfect rendition save for a few minor details (the odd-looking odd number of teeth and the "bricked" eyebrows, mainly). The disappointment is, instead of that amazing beauty cast in plastic at a larger scale and with an accessible sculpted interior, Mattel's gonna have the 4H follow closely the early prototype (TG & Co. seem to have an obsession with bringing to life unfinished, unrefined prototypes), which in my opinion does not compare in the least next to the jaw-dropping full-sided box-art-inspired version of the Icon Heroes statue.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

To get what you're asking, you're talking double or triple the amount quoted - and that is extremely prohibitive for most collectors. That's just not going to happen. Most collectors who are willing to by a CG would settle for just a facade. So the fact that they're doing this at all is awesome.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    The 4H have already made CG look amazing: just look at the Icon Heroes statue, which is a near-perfect rendition save for a few minor details (the odd-looking odd number of teeth and the "bricked" eyebrows, mainly). The disappointment is, instead of that amazing beauty cast in plastic at a larger scale and with an accessible sculpted interior, Mattel's gonna have the 4H follow closely the early prototype (TG & Co. seem to have an obsession with bringing to life unfinished, unrefined prototypes), which in my opinion does not compare in the least next to the jaw-dropping full-sided box-art-inspired version of the Icon Heroes statue.
    What you're asking for, though, is just a giant statue with zero playability and very little interactivity with the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Exactly! This also means the chances of the other factions getting completed are lower than ever. This totally opposes their "only heavy hitters in 2014" policy.
    This is by far one of the worst announcements of all time!
    Somehow, I seriously doubt now that the line will end after 2014. I had my doubts about all this "line ending" talk from Mattel due to "lower percentages" and thought it hype from the get go. Look at the facts: we have a new faction just revealed. We have Castle Grayskull just revealed. Dose this sound like a toy line that is about to end to you? I mean, really?

So any more reveals or is this it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Somehow, I seriously doubt now that the line will end after 2014. I had my doubts about all this "line ending" talk from Mattel due to "lower percentages" and thought it hype from the get go. Look at the facts: we have a new faction just revealed. We have Castle Grayskull just revealed. Dose this sound like a toy line that is about to end to you? I mean, really?
    I'm still trying to figure out how reveals for mid-way through 2013 have anything to do with the previously-stated heavy hitters in 2014 deal.

I don't get on here to complain about complaining, but seriously, some of this becomes almost comically ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    To get what you're asking, you're talking double or triple the amount quoted - and that is extremely prohibitive for most collectors. That's just not going to happen. Most collectors who are willing to by a CG would settle for just a facade. So the fact that they're doing this at all is awesome.
    But TG had repeatedly stated that if they were to do CG, it would be a full castle and not merely a fašade.

Yes, I know there are many collectors who would be more than happy with a simple fašade, and IMO the ideal deal would be to have two SKUs: the full castle at whatever price it takes (say, in the $300-$500 range, which most of those of us who want it in full are willing to pay to finally have the real thing), and a second SKU for the fašade alone at a $100-$150 price tag.

What we're getting doesn't satisfy either demand, since it's not merely a fašade (and therefore has bigger price tag than it should for that function), and it isn't anywhere near a full castle either (at the very least it would need 3 sides).

Heroic Warrior
    But TG had repeatedly stated that if they were to do CG, it would be a full castle and not merely a fašade.

Yes, I know there are many collectors who would be more than happy with a simple fašade, and IMO the ideal deal would be to have two SKUs: the full castle at whatever price it takes (say, in the $300-$500 range, which most of those of us who want it in full are willing to pay to finally have the real thing), and a second SKU for the fašade alone at a $100-$150 price tag.

What we're getting doesn't satisfy either demand, since it's not merely a fašade (and therefore has bigger price tag than it should for that function), and it isn't anywhere near a full castle either (at the very least it would need 3 sides).
    A facade would be a big flat image of it, on something like a poster, or at most a thin 1 or 2 inch deep sculpt of just the front. THAT is what a facade is.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    After seeing better pictures of the three new reveals, WOW. All three are just fantastic! And Grayskull coming? YES! Disappointed majorly in the Frosta news, but right now, the good definitely outweighs the bad for me by a long shot. The only bad is that I'm not there...

(Happy that for once, my guesses in the prediction thread were right - for octavia and snake face. Now if the Horde Trooper staff is snuck into the case tomorrow, I'll look downright prescient. )
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Yes but who would pay that crazy $300-500 for ONE piece??? I don't get this line is since when did it cater to the super rich??? If I had $500 I would not spend it on ONE piece?? Really??? $200 is fine anything higher is crazy and most people like this line "affordable"

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar

Was it definitely said that it would only have 2 sides? I assumed that it would be based on the original two sided proto but would have all four sides sculpted. I will be very disappointed if we get another 2 sided compromise, personally.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Octavia: Cool! I love the swords, thought it sucks that she probably won't have bendy tenticles. I wish they understood that we just didn't want the foam stuff used, rather than not having bendy items. Ah well. She's still very cool!

Snake Face: WOW! Never knew I wanted him. He looks WAY better than I thought he would!

Karatii: WOW twice! They blew that guy outta the water; the headsculpt is WAYWAYWAY better than the original figure! Quite impressed. Kinda sucks that his left hand is the open one, though. He won't be able to hold that knife in any useful way...

As for the rest, I don't feel like scanning the thread for answers.

- I thought the Keldor sword was coming in the weapons pak; is this one just special 'cause it doesn't come apart?

- Is that all the info we have on Grayskull? Do we know how big or what kinda features it will have?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Just walked in the door from a horrendous college football loss/game. Iowa blew it BIG TIME today. In any case, these reveals totally knocked my socks off and made me a happy camper again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

GRAYSKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Best news since we saved the MOTUC's line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All 3 figures look truly awesome as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is a great day to be a MOTU fan

This is what excites me. Somethig I was not excited about at all that have been done in a way that changes my mind completely.

I wasn't looking forward to Octavia a whole lot since I figured she'd just be kind of boring looking with an ugly mug, but wow does that figure look great. I love how large all of the tentacles are! 4 swords? Cool! I like seeing that much plastic packed into one release. I finally get how cool she is. I can really imagine a vintage MOTU action figure of her fitting in that line with ease.

Snake Face is fascinating to me. The vintage toy had such a goofy face that I didn't have much hope for a Classics version. The 4H really dug into that thing and pulled out a great design while remaining faithful. These are the things that impress me.

Karatti's similar to Snake Face to me in that a vintage face that I found crummy was salvaged and made interesting. I still wasn't thrilled by him, but all of this Predator comparison is turning me around.

Keldor Swords...my $15 gamble may not have paid off, but I'll be glad to have it and at the very least PGT's generosity gave me an opportunity to support Power-Con in some small way since I won't be going any time soon.

Castle Grayskull. That's unreal. No matter how many more figures are or aren't introduced in the coming years, I'll be able to look at that thing and feel as though my MOTUC collection is complete. Maybe not complete, but there won't be the giant castle-shaped hole in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    A facade would be a big flat image of it, on something like a poster, or at most a thin 1 or 2 inch deep sculpt of just the front. THAT is what a facade is.
    So what's your point? There's no way they're sculpting only the fašade in the manner of a store background display, but the full sculpt includes the fašade piece, so to please both sides the straightforward approach would be to simply produce more units of the fašade part and sell both the full-building version and the fašade-only version. With the intermediate fašade-plus-one-side approach, they cater to the needs of neither audience.