Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

OK here's my reaction to the reveals and news:
    • the figure reveals all are awesome
    • it's good to have more villains and I'm especially happy about more Filmation characters! Octavia is awesome!
    • that said, I'm not interested in NA D-listers like Karatti anymore at this point of the line
    • the Keldor swords look cool and I'm glad I ordered them from Fantastic Plastic Toys
    • I'm happy I didn't pre-order the Icon Heroes Castle
    • I stand corrected on my initial negative reaction to the annoucement of a new faction. It seems it's really just a sticker on an exclusive so I don't think it will take away many A-list characters
    • I suspect there might be at least one more "He-Ro son of He-Man" character already planned, why else bother to invent a faction sticker
    • I hope I can switch Frosta's forearms as easily as Mer-Man's. I'm happy about the free gift they offer as an apoligy. Mattel has really learned their lessons as far as PR and customer relations are concerned
    • poor Icon Heroes guys. I feel for them
    Awesome sticker included!

I imagine the Grayskull key holder that came with Scare Glow might give us a tiny hint of what is going to be revealed design wise on the B-Sheet at NYCC. There is no ugly jutting out overbite and tiny teeth here, but it does appear to have all the other elements of Mark Taylor's prototype. Hopefully that will also be the case when we see the official design.

Just out of intrest was it confirmed that the 4H will be sculpting it if it goes ahead?
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 23, 2012 at 05:20am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Today was intense, after the Con we attended a impromptu party thrown by our own Jack Olesker where Dean Stefan picked up a guitar and started singing a bunch of songs!!

I did not attend any panels due to how busy it was at the stores table, but it was so surreal and more then made up for it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I want to get excited by the reveals. I really do. As an NA fan, Karatti is a dream come true. And Castle Grayskull ... well, it's Castle Grayskull.

But I just got $92.15 worth of defective figures today that are cast in black plastic and had flaking paint as soon as I took them out of the package. The thought of paying double that price for a castle with the same problems gives me more grief than excitement. Heck, the thought of any new figures right now just gives me grief because it's money thrown down the drain.

Mattel, fix your tremendous QC problems. Then you will get our preorders.
    Last edited by Sword-of-Grayskull; September 23, 2012 at 05:19am. Reason: typo
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Does anyone know if we'll get some extra "He-Ro son of He-Man" stickers to put on some characters like Spector or SLL?
    Awesome sticker included!

Just finished up watching the Roast Gooble Dinner crew and the Masters Cast crew record a giant-sized podcast!

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Right finally digested everything.

Castle Grayskull - I will preorder it and I hope we get the level we need to go into production.

Keldor sword - meh

I love the fact that Mattel sent out emails at the same time as the fan panel. Really good idea and made us all feel like we were part of the panel.

Snake Face - Yay! My #1 wanted figure of the moment is on its way! I really think he's more or less perfect. The two face sculpts are amazing and I really get a Medusa from the first Clash of the Titans movie vibe from them. The armor and the snakes wrapped around his arms are really done nicely. The legs I think can do with a bit more work - I wonder if the Clawful thighs would work? Also wished he had his "duck feet" although they were goofy - but were part of the original figures' charm. The "Skeletor feet" are so overused. I really hope he comes with his snake staff as he would look bare without it.

Karatte - Totally unexpected but really welcome. I've always liked Karatte, I owned a few when I was younger and always thought he was cool. I think the sculpt is exceptional. The colours really stand out and I'm glad he comes with his two techno-daggers.

Octavia - I had a feeling she'd show up this year. She looks really awesome. I think the 4HM did a fantastic job on her. I especially love the 4 removable swords and the squid crossbow.

I really hope these brilliant sculpts really do transfer well into plastic - and the right colour plastic at that with the right kind of details and paint apps - that is afterwall what we paid extra for!

BTW, did anyone bring up the black plastic issue at the con?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    What, how... how can there be two Spectors ... in one place? Did universe explode, and I didn't just notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    OK here's my reaction to the reveals and news:
    • I hope I can switch Frosta's forearms as easily as Mer-Man's. I'm happy about the free gift they offer as an apoligy. Mattel has really learned their lessons as far as PR and customer relations are concerned
    Is there problem with original Mer-man's forearms, I haven't noticed it in years I have had him?

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Just finished up watching the Roast Gooble Dinner crew and the Masters Cast crew record a giant-sized podcast!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...41161752_o.jpg
    Who is who in the photo? I know Pixel-Dan and Val for certain.
    Last edited by Invicta; September 23, 2012 at 06:33am.

Well I will put Castle GreySkull on pre order and save up the money in case it does happen.

Sanke Face cool another Vintage figure I never had knocked out.

Karatte do not know much about NA but just looking at him so far he the 1st one from of the NA figures I like oh cool I want one.

Octavia cool another Filmation chacter knocked out happy to see the Horde grow.

I know some who you like it this way but is it just me or is 2013 so far a little villian heavy. 3 heroes (Ram-Man, King He-Man and Nersotaa (sp)) to 5 to 8 villians (Jistu, Fang Man, Ocatavia, Karatte, Snake Face and the Fighting Foe Man ( Sense they come with changeable Horde emables))

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    What, how... how can there be two Spectors ... in one place? Did universe explode, and I didn't just notice.

Is there problem with original Mer-man's forearms, I haven't noticed it in years I have had him?

Haha, that guy looks a lot better in Spandex than Scott.

4 sides .... that's all I ask. I dont want it to open, i dont want a play set, i just want it to be basically a huge, awesome stand for all my figures. We have never had a grayskull with 4 sides.... and make it to scale of the MOTUC figures. MOTUC is about doing it right, and we have never had a grayskull ever that didnt sacrifice accuracy for playability.

1 massive, awe inspiring, 4 sided castle ... PLEASE .... something that if your house was on fire and you could only grab 1 motu item, that would be it.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Starting from the back...

Leanne (StratosMacca), Jon (TheShadow), James (Busta Toons)

Front...

Danielle (Penny Dreadful)

Amazing reveals!!!

Grayskull is a total surprise and I've never wanted to give Matty $200 so fast!

Octavia looks great. Not a fan of the tentacles holding swords, but the crossbow is awesome.

Karatti is the most exciting figure reveal. He looks spot on, and just an all round terrific figure.

Snakeface having two heads is brilliant, the and 'snakes out' head is definitely where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Ok, so we got three incredible reveals today, and we got news that Mattel is willing to give Castle Grayskull a shot if we meet the necessary pre-orders.

On top of that, the way they're handling the Frosta debacle--now that they see the site is more worth investing in--is admittedly most commendable.

So do folks here still believe they don't care about the line?

I certainly believe Scott's been pushing for us like crazy, and I think they do have faith in the line, and if the Castle Grayskull pre-order goes thru...it might give them the faith to continue on with the 2014 roadmap, even if it is the revised one.
    Exactly! It makes a lot of sense. I don't think its quite over yet, despite what they tell us.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Starting from the back...

Leanne (StratosMacca), Jon (TheShadow), James (Busta Toons)

Front...

Danielle (Penny Dreadful)
    It's official: I have a massive crush on Danielle. She's beautiful.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Guys, make sure Scott includes his SNAKE STAFF. He said it might possibly be cut. This was shown at the Matty panel, but not in the display stands. Get on Scott about this.
    I hope that the price-increase was big enough to cover for all accessories. It'd be great if figures at the very least included their vintage accessories.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    OMG!!! Just saw the reveals. I'm so excited!

Karatti looks great. I'm very happy for NA fans they get another character.

Snake Face looks as good as I hoped for. He will fit in so nicely with King Hsss and Rattlor. Love that they all will look like their vintage toys.

But I'm most happy with Octavia! Woohoo! She looks sooo amazing! Everything I hoped for. Love the tentacles and that she has her 4 swords, the armband, I love they gave her a smaller, more feminine crossbow looking like some Etherian swamp leech or something. Also really like how the red Horde emblems blend in at the bottom of her boots with the black, and her face is spot on! Just an amazing figure. Can't wait to receive her.
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; September 23, 2012 at 07:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Guys, make sure Scott includes his SNAKE STAFF. He said it might possibly be cut. This was shown at the Matty panel, but not in the display stands. Get on Scott about this.
    Yeah he really needs his staff, hope it doesn't get cut.

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Let's see:
    CG for $200, add $20 for postage (and I'm being optimistic there), add 20% UK Value Added Tax, add customs "handling fee" and I'm at around $270.

Nope, I think not.
    Unfortunatly just what I was thinking. If I get this it will have to be through a third party who can send it as a "Gift".

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    . The released NA figures need their "leaders".
    Yeah bring on Darius and Flogg But I'm still over the moon with Karatti
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Awesome reveals, I really hope for a castle grayskull to be made.
    But it seems like it's gonna be hard to hit that number, they need a 100 procent and the same number as sub sales.

We hit 130 procent for the subs and TG says we need 100 for the CG. That means 30 procent is left of sub buyers that don't have to preorder CG to hit their number.

If you factor in that a lot of people bought multiple subs and don't preorder more than one CG, then it becomes very hard to hit that number.

In fact it seems impossible mathematicly.To keep it simple lets say they need to sell 100 subs and they sell 130 subs.
    50 people bought 1 sub and 40 people bought 2 subs, that's a total of 130 subs sold to 90 people.

Those 90 people who all bought 1 or 2 subs only buy 1 CG (because buying multiples is not realistic).
    Then 90 preorders will be done for CG and they need a 100 preorders.

Mattel can easily know what the maximum of preorders will be. Count all your clients who bought a 2013 sub and that's the maximum of preorders you will get. Factoring the price I think you're gonna loose about 10 procent of that maximum number.

You can't put electronics in this time so you can ship worldwide? I say you know allready that hitting your sale number only in the US would be even more impossible.

Do the math Matty
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Ok, so we got three incredible reveals today, and we got news that Mattel is willing to give Castle Grayskull a shot if we meet the necessary pre-orders.

On top of that, the way they're handling the Frosta debacle--now that they see the site is more worth investing in--is admittedly most commendable.

So do folks here still believe they don't care about the line?

I certainly believe Scott's been pushing for us like crazy, and I think they do have faith in the line, and if the Castle Grayskull pre-order goes thru...it might give them the faith to continue on with the 2014 roadmap, even if it is the revised one.
    I have been very vocal about Mattel not caring, and though I'm not changing my overall belief, I do have to give them credit for doing something about Frosta. One small step for fans, one giant leap for qc.... nah, not yet. But a step in the right direction. Good job Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post

Karatti also looks good and I'm glad to see NA fans receive another reveal. The MIA NA He-Man and Skeletor must be starting to hurt though. The released NA figures need their "leaders".
    To me the leaders aren't he-man & skeletor they're Flogg & Sebrian, Darius & Hydron

I saw all of this unfold last night, but couldn't post. I'll try and sum up my reactions...

Snake Face - to be expected. I like that he has two heads, one with snakes out and one with them in. Makes perfect sense. I'm not a massive fan of the character and likely won't buy, but he looks good.

Karatti - Is the new spelling 'Karatii' then? Or have I been spelling it wrong for all these years? Another one I won't be buying, BUT: the Four Horsemen are really working those NA figures. I loved what they did with Flipshot, but they've knocked Karatti out of the park - he looks awesome! I love how they've accentuated his dreads. They really make the character 'kick' - no puns intended. He was always very background in the cartoon (and most media, if I remember rightly), but this figure has made me sit up and pay attention - he puts all of the 30th anniversary figures in the shade, if you ask me. The colours are also vibrant - fab.

Octavia - THIS is the big news for me. WHAT A SCORE!!! Been waiting 25 years for this deliciously devilish Horde laydee and they haven't disappointed. I'll be honest - I really like Shadow Weaver, but she was never top of my Filmation wants and she was always going to be the first Filmation character revealed, so the wait for my favourites was always going to be dependent on when they revealed her. Given that we saw her a year ago, I crossed my fingers for Octavia as soon as possible (and will continue to cross them for Madame Razz and Broom, Scorpia, Sea Hawk and Granita). She looks PHENOMENAL! Easily my favourite from all the reveals. The colours are brilliant and true to the cartoon, as is the general design. I love that she includes her swords...

...my only criticism is that her tentacles NEED to be bendy. Someone's already pointed out how this is her 'action feature', but more to the point she should be posable like everyone else. The tentacles are stretched too wide, IMO - they need to be bunched closer to her body.

Now, obviously, we don't want a debacle the same as Snout Spout's trunk, but King Hiss' bendy snake heads have been fine. I presume they used a different plastic/foam - I'd recommend using these for Octavia. Having seen the issues with Frosta unfold (which I just can't believe...), I really want Octavia to be done right.

Castle Grayskull - won't be buying, but pleased for those who want it. A preorder system makes perfect sense and perhaps this model can be extended for other one-off items that require more tooling. Looking forward to seeing it anyway.

I wonder if there will be anything else to reveal at NYCC? If not, it'll be a long wait for NYTF in February!

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    Awesome reveals, I really hope for a castle grayskull to be made.
    But it seems like it's gonna be hard to hit that number, they need a 100 procent and the same number as sub sales.

We hit 130 procent for the subs and TG says we need 100 for the CG. That means 30 procent is left of sub buyers that don't have to preorder CG to hit their number.

If you factor in that a lot of people bought multiple subs and don't preorder more than one CG, then it becomes very hard to hit that number.

In fact it seems impossible mathematicly.To keep it simple lets say they need to sell 100 subs and they sell 130 subs.
    50 people bought 1 sub and 40 people bought 2 subs, that's a total of 130 subs sold to 90 people.

Those 90 people who all bought 1 or 2 subs only buy 1 CG (because buying multiples is not realistic).
    Then 90 preorders will be done for CG and they need a 100 preorders.

Mattel can easily know what the maximum of preorders will be. Count all your clients who bought a 2013 sub and that's the maximum of preorders you will get. Factoring the price I think you're gonna loose about 10 procent of that maximum number.

You can't put electronics in this time so you can ship worldwide? I say you know allready that hitting your sale number only in the US would be even more impossible.

Do the math Matty
    With all due respect, I have to say that your logic here is faulty. You are assuming that zero cherry pickers will sign up for Grayskull and that retailers won't buy more castles than they bought subs. I know some cherry pickers will buy a Grayskull, some retailers may buy a few extra since it's not a $700 committment like the sub was, and who knows, if they play this right, this could bring in some new collectors. People who have never heard of the line might find out about Grayskull, jump in and buy a few essential figures.

So while it will be difficult, it's not a mathematical impossibility.

Seeing as how 1 figure under the trackable shipping method next year is approx $28 to the UK I'm guessing redsquadron's estimate is far too optimistic.

I would guess UK shipping (trackable - definitely!!) for CG will be at least $60 - plus customs and admin I reckon you're looking at around $300 or £200?

It's a lot - but I'm kind of in the boat where I'd regret it more if I passed up. I'm just going to put all of my spare change aside each day for a year - at a few quid a day no problem.

I cant get enough od new adventures! Look at karati :O what a marvelous figure!!! Seriously omg!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app