Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    A friend of mine asked Scott at the panel about his comment a month ago regarding a "way to get more fan-favorites out more quickly."

He said: "That will be revealed at NY Toy Fair."
    I thought he said it was something in a couple of weeks. Isn't that NYCC? The Toy Fair I'm thinking of is usually in February so a little further out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    They can tell us July, August, the Quarter 3 item perhaps (Horde Trooper 2-pack), also maybe a bonus item like the battle ram, or at least a sky sled, show a concept of Grayskull, and reveal the SDCC exclusive, perhaps the rumored Razz/Broom Kowl, Lookie 3 pack? Also they can maybe give news if 2014 is a go or no?
    I'd be very surprised (and happy) if they showed off any vehicle. They are really sticking to that Wind Raider as an under-performer in sales. Scott said people bought more Gygors which I am honestly shocked by (keep in mind Gygor wasn't in a sub either).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Let's see:
    CG for $200, add $20 for postage (and I'm being optimistic there), add 20% UK Value Added Tax, add customs "handling fee" and I'm at around $270.

Nope, I think not.
    Yeah, for us international customers the castle is going to be a bit more expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if the overall costs rose over 300EUR (app. 330USD). But, the chance to own a castle in scale with the MOTUC figures is just too awesome to pass for me personally. I'll get a third job if I have to.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

What a great day to be a MOTUC fan. Honestly today feels like Christmas! Castle Grayskull?!?!?! Are you serious? A-MAZING!

Castle Grayskull

Well MOTUC fans, we asked for it and we got it. A pre-order Castle Grayskull. Personally it is a no-brainer for me and obviously getting one and have faith in the 4H making one sick design. Couple of things:

1) I don't know this for fact but pretty sure it will be the two wall version like the screenshot shows. A four wall version will just be too massive and impossible to display on any shelf. This is the definitive version.
    2) Don't count on a facade version, an "opening" version, an acala version, a filmation version, etc, etc. They are making one pre-order Castle Grayskull.
    3) It has been said numerous times that you won't get fully charged until it ships. I'm in whatever they do.
    4) The $200 price range is right in line with a poll done here on the ORG (see here) so majority rules. You can ask for a Castle Grayskull to be made for $100 but it just won't happen and for that I'm glad.
    5) This was all Scott's work and he deserves heaps of credit. We all know it wasn't management who came to the table and said "let's take a flyer on this Castle Grayskull pre-order". Pretty sure Scott is sticking is neck out for the fans so let's cut the guy lots of slack.

The Reveals

Fantastic! Octavia looks amazing and so do Snake Face and Karatti.

1) I'm glad Octavia doesn't have bendy arms as I'm tired of reading about Snout Spout. Apparently they're still poseable so that's great. I don't plan on playing with her so she'll look great on my shelf.
    2) Very nice getting the reveal email at the same time as it was presented at Powercon. I don't expect this all the time but it's great.
    3) For those not receiving the email. Contact DR an have them update your settings. There's very little we can do here.

Secret Accessory

Glad I ordered it. I was afraid it was simply going to be a weapon in a different colour (e.g. Blue Clawful mace... yippee... ) but having Keldor swords that are fused together make for a great diorama display I'm working on. And it's very limited so that's pretty cool.

Like I said, a very great day to be a MOTU fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    With all due respect, I have to say that your logic here is faulty. You are assuming that zero cherry pickers will sign up for Grayskull and that retailers won't buy more castles than they bought subs. I know some cherry pickers will buy a Grayskull, some retailers may buy a few extra since it's not a $700 committment like the sub was, and who knows, if they play this right, this could bring in some new collectors. People who have never heard of the line might find out about Grayskull, jump in and buy a few essential figures.

So while it will be difficult, it's not a mathematical impossibility.
    I really think this will be difficult to get the numbers for Castle Grayskull to get made. From what I've read Mattel will need similar pre-order numbers to subscription numbers (meaning close to the whole 135%). While some non sub holders will pre-order, some sub-holders hold multiple subscriptions and will likely not purchase as many, and some not at all? And I think retailers would really scale back from any number of subscriptions, it's already around $200 and it's all at once, where is the mark-up? How are they going to sell this for a profit?

The subscription comparison is weak IMO, talking about the sub being $700 and the Castle only $200 doesn't fly. The subscription you don't have to pay all up front, so with each figure you can sell the stock (in theory) and depending on the figure that profit can then be spent on the next month's figure(s). While the Castle will be dropping at least $200 for each Castle all at once, I guess we'll see?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I thought he said it was something in a couple of weeks. Isn't that NYCC? The Toy Fair I'm thinking of is usually in February so a little further out.

I'd be very surprised (and happy) if they showed off any vehicle. They are really sticking to that Wind Raider as an under-performer in sales. Scott said people bought more Gygors which I am honestly shocked by (keep in mind Gygor wasn't in a sub either).
    The next phase or surprise was always going to be revealed at NY Toy Fair, some people confused it with NYCC. Makes sense since this is where a lot of new toylines are revealed or expanded lines.
    Last edited by cbomb23; September 23, 2012 at 09:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I want to get excited by the reveals. I really do. As an NA fan, Karatti is a dream come true. And Castle Grayskull ... well, it's Castle Grayskull.

But I just got $92.15 worth of defective figures today that are cast in black plastic and had flaking paint as soon as I took them out of the package. The thought of paying double that price for a castle with the same problems gives me more grief than excitement. Heck, the thought of any new figures right now just gives me grief because it's money thrown down the drain.

Mattel, fix your tremendous QC problems. Then you will get our preorders.
    The Black Plastic use is over In November starting with Decker. Scott said the only reason Ruben in Design used the black plastic was as a cost saving mesure due to the fact Mattel was hit with price increases for matterials & labor mid 2012 and they couldn't raise figure cost as sub prices were locked in at $20.00 Scott said in 2013 the black plastic will not be an issue it won't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    The next phase or surprise was always going to be revealed at NY Toy Fair, some people confused it with NYCC. Makes sense since this is where a lot of new toylines are revealed or expanded lines.
    Possibly Toyguru confused it as well because I know he said a couple of weeks from now and that is indeed NYCC. But this was in relation specifically to the greenlit project that would get more of our favorites to us, so it doesn't necessarily mean they would reveal their whole hand at NYCC if there was more to say about it then. I'm good with what we got though, and won't be sorry if we learn nothing between now and Feb. We saw a hellavalot more at Power-Con than I expected since 2013 is set to have less than 2012 had.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    (null)
    It would be nice if they designed it such that two sets could be connected for a full four sided castle. Then people who want/can spend more buys two and others just one. Easy solution to help please both. Very exciting!!
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok...so Ive had time to let it all sink in-

Keldor sword-meh! Glad I got it but am sad cos I REALLY was hoping it would be the 'Black Star Sword'...oh well..... weapons pack!

Castle Grayskull- I will pre-order two! I only need one but Im sure i can offload the other...i just want it made....Vintage Box art version please!

Octavia- Beautiful! cant wait! My dislike of Filmation is shelved in light of her perfection! she is detailed enough to fit in perfectly! Bravo...couldnt care less about the tentacles...I dont play with my figures anyhow.

Snake Face- Superb, I do think he needs clawfuls thighs though, and maybe Hordaks 'feet'. but he is perfect as is! If he doesnt come with the staff...please put it in the next weapons pack!

Karatti- ****!!!! amen to the 4H! what they have acheived with the NA figures is no less than a miracle! dont get me Wrong I LOVE NA, I want them all......But The fact that the 4H can show just how awesome the vintage toys were designed (but not executed...cos..Damn!)...wow! I actually did a happy dance at his reveal!

in short.....2013 is THE best year so far for this line! Finally its acheived what the original mission statement asserted!...ALL Factions! next year in the 1st six months alone we have POP,NA,Vintage,200X,filmation,Minicomics and concept. and not just the easy kills....B listers!...Bravo!

my one request is that on the path from Proto to Produced figures....the Colors are NOT dulled and lessened!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

why didnt i get the email reveal?!

Bring on a second day of power con!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

LOVE the reveals - I was anticipating Octavia at some point this year so I'm really happy to see her!

Snake Face - sooooo it looks like there are still a few more snakes that fit on to the armor somewhere? I see there are some holes for the two snakes to drop down out of his chest, but there looks like a couple of red snakes sitting next to him in the pics... where are those going?

Karatti - these continue to be my favorite reveals for me. I never had the NA line as a kid so these MOTUC NA figures are like a whole new figure for me. TG is right, there's still something about seeing all new figures... It reminds me of the time as a kid when I was in TRU with my mom looking through MOTU pegs and came across the only Mekky hidden behind dozens of other figures. I had never seen him before. It was like finding gold. I get the same feeling when I see new characters (new to me) like Karatti. Awesome designs too!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    All in good fun Val must have been watching the online bids on the phone or someone was calling them in cause the person on the phone went $750 and that had to be you of course! Those 2-ups are exactly the same size as the other busts like Hordak, He-man, Skeletor ect. Awesome to have in the collection! If Buzz off had not went for $400+ and I bought the comic strips for $125 I would have bid on those as well

I will have to take it easy Sunday and then pick some extra days up at work now, but it was worth it and it went to a good cause.

On a side note, since it was a CHARITY auction, does anyone know if the purchase is tax deductible
    Yup. The $750 was me I wasnt sure how the internet bids were going through to your end. As the charity was an auction, I dont believe that items are tax deductible..... I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe Val or someone "in the know" could clarify. Last year I got the sweet Beastman bust painted by Nathan B, and some additional art pieces. I didnt get anything specific to turn in for taxes, but that was likely just my error for not asking or knowing what I needed........

It sure would be cool to be able to get a little help on a tax deductible!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Are there any full pics of the displays? Toynewsi has only a few terrible photos.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Starting from the back...

Leanne (StratosMacca), Jon (TheShadow), James (Busta Toons)

Front...

Danielle (Penny Dreadful)
    So then does that leave Val as the guy with the mic? He's much younger looking than I imagined he'd be. Not like that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrkKnight View Post
    It would be nice if they designed it such that two sets could be connected for a full four sided castle. Then people who want/can spend more buys two and others just one. Easy solution to help please both. Very exciting!!
    Yes I was thinking the connector idea is a good one as well. I used to display my 2 200X Castle Grayskull's that way.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I hope it wasn´t asked/answered before and i simply missed it but will Pixel Dan get a walk through with Scott -Toyguru- Neitlich this time as well?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I hope it wasn´t asked/answered before and i simply missed it but will Pixel Dan get a walk through with Scott -Toyguru- Neitlich this time as well?
    I have been wondering the same.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Dan tweeted that yesterday he spent no time on the floor but today he will. He listed walk through in his hopefully get done things tody.

J

I tweeted him about it but no response. He did have a busy night though
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Yes he said so on Twitter. It's in his plans for today.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    why didnt i get the email reveal?!
    You need to go to Mattycollectors and check the box saying you want emails. Go to the Help/FAQ page, click on My Profile and check the box that says "Yes! Sign me up for Matty's email newsletter so I can get the latest updates on exclusive toys!"

Did anyone see Terry to ask him how Sythor or Cy-Chop looked before he became a cyborg?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Any updates to the black plastic issue?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    The Black Plastic use is over In November starting with Decker. Scott said the only reason Ruben in Design used the black plastic was as a cost saving mesure due to the fact Mattel was hit with price increases for matterials & labor mid 2012 and they couldn't raise figure cost as sub prices were locked in at $20.00 Scott said in 2013 the black plastic will not be an issue it won't be used.
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I believe TG said that hopefully the black plastic would be gone by the time Dekker came out.

I don't recall any further updates guaranteeing that it will be, or that 2013 is definitely safe.

I will be happy if I'm wrong, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    4 sides .... that's all I ask. I dont want it to open, i dont want a play set, i just want it to be basically a huge, awesome stand for all my figures. We have never had a grayskull with 4 sides.... and make it to scale of the MOTUC figures. MOTUC is about doing it right, and we have never had a grayskull ever that didnt sacrifice accuracy for playability. 1 massive, awe inspiring, 4 sided castle ... PLEASE .... something that if your house was on fire and you could only grab 1 motu item, that would be it.

I unfortunately don't think that this will initially happen, but it would be nice if they made it to where it was at least possible to have add ons down the road if they decided to produce them.

For instance, I have a feeling that we're going to get the usual front and back piece of the castle with the swivel door and nothing more.

A possible add on for those that wanted the ultimate version at an extra cost down the road would be perhaps two side walls, a roof, and a floor which would then enable it to all snap together as one massive complete piece.

Kinda like what they're doing for the Back to the Future Hover Board. They're releasing the Hover Board as just the board to keep costs down, BUT including the extra holes and measures for the handle bar *just in case* it does well enough to then release *that* additional accessory down the road.

Just make it so that it at least *might* be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrkKnight View Post

How could you do such a thing if all that it ends up being is a front and back piece?