Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

Oh..... I thought that was determined when the last couple of promo emails went out - none of which I have ever received. I get all the other emails, just not these ones.

Has anyone other than SCB been able to remove Slush Head's tentacles? I tried removing one and the plug just streeeeeetched and now it hangs limp.
    Last edited by He-Boy; September 23, 2012 at 08:59pm.

I think the e-mails or lack there of are related to your e-mail ISP. The subject of the email was in weird coded symbols, so your filter might have picked it up as spam.

I used use AOL and never got the reveals from Matty. After changing e-mails, I get them fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    He looks so much more unique and cooler now!
    Not a fan of the official sculpt for Zodac's helmetless head. http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...ies_zodak2.jpg

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I think the e-mails or lack there of are related to your e-mail ISP. The subject of the email was in weird coded symbols, so your filter might have picked it up as spam.

I used use AOL and never got the reveals from Matty. After changing e-mails, I get them fine now.
    I have AOL and I have gotten all of their emails.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Not a fan of the official sculpt for Zodac's helmetless head. http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...ies_zodak2.jpg
    Are you sure that isn't a custom? He is missing his metallic jawline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Pixel Dan says that Temple of Darkness Sorceress has been sold out.

Are you joking?
    Meh, no big loss. I wanted one, but it wasn't a must have. Kind of strange how the only convention it is being sold at is the one it sells out at. I wonder how many they sold to Scalp-Or.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Power-con was the 2nd con that she was sold at, last month Grakull con sold her as well

J

She sold out to the point where someone bought the loose one in the display case.

She sold out to the point where someone bought the loose one in the display case.

A big thanks to Val and everyone who put this con together this year! The panels were all awesome as well as the vendor selection!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

So, is she sold out for good, then? Or did they just sell out of the stock they brought to Power Con?

That pic looks like the African Palace Guard head retooled.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Oh..... I thought that was determined when the last couple of promo emails went out - none of which I have ever received. I get all the other emails, just not these ones.

Has anyone other than SCB been able to remove Slush Head's tentacles? I tried removing one and the plug just streeeeeetched and now it hangs limp.
    Log into your account on Mattycollectors and go into "My Profile" Make sure the check box is marked next to "Yes! Sign me up for Matty's e-mail newsletter so I can get the latest updates on exclusive toys!"

Occam's razor

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    So, is she sold out for good, then? Or did they just sell out of the stock they brought to Power Con?
    Pretty sure it was just what they brought to the con.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Probably just the Power Con supply. This was a small intimate show, I doubt that little were produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Meh, no big loss. I wanted one, but it wasn't a must have. Kind of strange how the only convention it is being sold at is the one it sells out at. I wonder how many they sold to Scalp-Or.
    The first day I saw lots of people of people buying six at a time and getting back in line, so there just may be a bunch of these on the secondary market shortly. Knowing they sold out makes me feel less bad about missing out on a panel I wanted to go to in order to get mine on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    With all due respect, I have to say that your logic here is faulty. You are assuming that zero cherry pickers will sign up for Grayskull and that retailers won't buy more castles than they bought subs. I know some cherry pickers will buy a Grayskull, some retailers may buy a few extra since it's not a $700 committment like the sub was, and who knows, if they play this right, this could bring in some new collectors. People who have never heard of the line might find out about Grayskull, jump in and buy a few essential figures.

So while it will be difficult, it's not a mathematical impossibility.
    Again: they need a hundred procent and the exact amount as they needed for subs in 2013.

If you calculate cherrypickers in then a third of mattys costumers must be cherrypickers. That could maybe be but then every CP must order 1 CG.

I would go even further and say that if everyone who has a sub in 2012 and everyone that cherrypicks in 2012 preorders 1 CG then we would hit just above the 100 procent.
    That's the best case scenario and in all honesty not gonna happen imo.

I say this is a charade and Mattel knows this number is hard to get. They got the exact sale figure of everything, and must know how many individual clients they have average every month.

In best case CG sells the amount like an A-lister, alltough this costs more.
    Take for example sorceress; count all individual purchasers (sub, cp) and deduct 20 procent for reasons (price to high, to big to display on shelf, more then a year waiting after preorder, in doubt over quality (plastic use) )

Don't get me wrong, I want one but can't help myself beeing pessimistic about this.

I'm aspecting a video to boast preoders and this time staring Tom Cruise from Mission Impossible
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

I have. I had to use a hairdryer to soften them up first though.

My Slush Head's tentacles pop on and off easily. A little too easily! They fall off if I don't pose them just right, so often that I just keep him in a zip lock bag stored in my closet.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    My Slush Head's tentacles pop on and off easily. A little too easily! They fall off if I don't pose them just right, so often that I just keep him in a zip lock bag stored in my closet.
    Yeah. Mine won't pop in. They just fall off. I'm considering gluing them in.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

That isn't the Zodak head that comes with Strobo. That Zodak head in the picture link you posted is a custom head sculpted by org member kevin Kosse. I know because I own that custom head made by Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Do you know that they're reversed? If you plug them into their correct sockets then they look the opposite of the cardback pic.

haha yup damn meant to type Scorpia. I saw sumone do an awesome custom for her outa a ML figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'd rather have MOTUC figures over Power Ranger ones any day. And I like her much better than Scorpia, too!

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post

I had the same problem - it was an easy fix for me (YMMV). If you haven't already, try this: Use either hot water (close to boiling) or a hair dryer to heat up the backpack piece for around a minute. Basically, until it's soft. Then push the tentacles in firmly.

They should snap in perfectly this way. You just need to get the backpack portion to the point where it's more pliant, is all.

In my experience, the tentacles go in (and come out) very easily this way. But after the backpack is cooled (which you can let happen naturally or with cold water), the tentacles stay in place solidly.

Do you know that they're reversed? If you plug them into their correct sockets then they look the opposite of the cardback pic.
    Yeah. I've tried every possible way. They just won't snap in.

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    That pic looks like the African Palace Guard head retooled.
    That picture is a custom by Kosse Kevin (www.facebook.com/kevin.kosse). It is a nice head for Zodak, but this is not a picture of the official Mattel Zodak head.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    I had the same problem - it was an easy fix for me (YMMV). If you haven't already, try this: Use either hot water (close to boiling) or a hair dryer to heat up the backpack piece for around a minute. Basically, until it's soft. Then push the tentacles in firmly.

They should snap in perfectly this way. You just need to get the backpack portion to the point where it's more pliant, is all.

In my experience, the tentacles go in (and come out) very easily this way. But after the backpack is cooled (which you can let happen naturally or with cold water), the tentacles stay in place solidly.
    Thanks! I will definitely try this method out.

There are plenty more TOD Sorceress. She will be sold at a shop in NYC next month during some art sale as well as NYCC. I'm sure there will still be plenty left for December as well.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!