Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

Well just left my place in AZ, should arrive at 9:30. Hope that gives me enough time to make it for the announcement.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Maybe movie news, but I hope something MOTUC related like new rights or sub-line.
    Actually, I while I really don't think it's a *new* movie, the movie rights to those characters wouldn't be out of the question, especially since Scott said recently, "We kind of owe him one, don't we?" after people asking about Blade.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It has to be the movie has been greenlit - that would be the biggest news and everything will follow after that - the movie will get MOTU mass exposure and publicity - and things like comics, toys, cartoons will follow that.

Nothing will beat that, because its the only thing that is missing for MOTU presently that would get it back into the public eye.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

To answer my own question, here is an easy way for everyone to figure when the announcement happens.

Current local time in Torrance (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    If they announce Castle Grayskull (which I doubt they will) Icon Heroes will be very mad! I think they ca throw that tiny statue they made straight in the trash then...

Maybe movie news, but I hope something MOTUC related like new rights or sub-line.
    I think it would have two different audiences. Scott always said the MOTUC Castle would be 200 - 400, while the Icons one is a little over $100. The Icons one would do just fine with the passive MOTU audience while us crazy people would buy the really expensive castle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    It has to be the movie has been greenlit - that would be the biggest news and everything will follow after that - the movie will get MOTU mass exposure and publicity - and things like comics, toys, cartoons will follow that.

Nothing will beat that, because its the only thing that is missing for MOTU presently that would get it back into the public eye.
    To preface this is nothing against Scott of Power-Con.

But why would they want to officially announce the movie a) through Scott, and b) at Power-Con?

Seems like something they would save for a bigger audience, even NYCC or just put out a press junket.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

If there's x% sub renewal Mattel will "think" about castle grayskull...

If you tease it they will come.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

There are very few things that I can think of that would actually be on par with "Biggest Announcement Ever" and that would be:

~New MOTU movie (possible)
    ~New motu cartoon/ retail toys (possible)
    ~MOTUC Castle Grayskull (unlikely)
    ~Cancellation of the line (Highly unlikely)
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

If it is an announcement about a movie, I don't think it will be regarding the live-action movie as the studio would put out a press release for that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I hope it's not a movie announcement. Rather not see MOTU get Transformerized...
    Although Bayformers gets alot of hate, look at what those movies have done for that franchise. New toys--even combiners came back this year, the Cybertron game series, 3 IDW comic books, and 4 television shows (G1, Animated, Rescue Bots and Prime) airing on the Hub. Transformers is bigger than ever.

As long as Mattel has the wisdom to keep the original stuff out there along with the new stuff, like ThunderCats and TMNT did, then there shouldn't be a problem.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    If it is an announcement about a movie, I don't think it will be regarding the live-action movie as the studio would put out a press release for that.
    Nikki Finke isn't beaten to the punch too often either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    I think it would have two different audiences. Scott always said the MOTUC Castle would be 200 - 400, while the Icons one is a little over $100. The Icons one would do just fine with the passive MOTU audience while us crazy people would buy the really expensive castle.

- - - Updated - - -

To preface this is nothing against Scott of Power-Con.

But why would they want to officially announce the movie a) through Scott, and b) at Power-Con?

Seems like something they would save for a bigger audience, even NYCC or just put out a press junket.
    Many movies get announced via press releases and you read the news on a website first. the way the movie industry moves you can't really 'wait' for a big event to announce it, sometimes the announcement is what makes the event big.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Possibly they made a plan with Mattel to do kick off the press release AT power-con.

Not saying it IS the movie, but it's easy to see how it COULD be. so far we have movie info it felt like it was on it's way and ramping up to go into production, so IF it's the movie the actual announcement would be giving a set date on the starting of principal photography, cast announcements etc.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I wonder if this announcement has anything to do with things getting greenlit when the 2013 sub went through? TG mentioned this back in August, but had no plans to announce it then. Maybe this is a logical extension of it?

As to what it is, I really don't know. A separate Filmation sub?

It's going to be that the 2013 sub is a go! Toyguru forgot he already told us.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's going to be that the 2013 sub is a go! Toyguru forgot he already told us.
    Excellent point! After talking to WWE creative, Mattel realizes that they need a gimmick to get over with the fans/customers.

There's a storyline where Mattel reveals they have signs of dementia when it comes to MOTU, and that explains some of the problems with the line. They just plain forget what they say in things.

Then a few months later, Vince McMahon comes out on a MattyCollector video and "buys" Mattel, and then there's a huge WWE toy invasion in MOTUC. It could happen. All things will be settled at WrestleEternia 2013 (on the 15th of some month), when John Cena clashes with He-Man in a non-wanted two pack for the ages.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    There are very few things that I can think of that would actually be on par with "Biggest Announcement Ever" and that would be:

~New MOTU movie (possible)
    ~New motu cartoon/ retail toys (possible)
    ~MOTUC Castle Grayskull (unlikely)
    ~Cancellation of the line (Highly unlikely)
    In my view:

~New MOTU movie (out of the question: it's been in development hell for many years on end, and most movie projects entering that vicious circle end up buried and forgotten)

~New motu cartoon/ retail toys (out of the question: without movie, no retail toys)

~MOTUC Castle Grayskull (highly unlikely: Mattel has already made their zero-risk near-zero investment policy towards this brand abundantly clear)

~Cancellation of the line (very likely: if the 2014 line finally made it, I would be genuinely surprised; Mattel's "either take the black pastic or we'll cheap out some other way" attitude is already crystalline clear, and after the blaxtic fiasco most customers have also made it clear they're not going to continue to support the line if such substandard quality has come to stay one way or another)
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I wonder if this announcement has anything to do with things getting greenlit when the 2013 sub went through? TG mentioned this back in August, but had no plans to announce it then. Maybe this is a logical extension of it?
    This sounds logical to me.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    The last day of the Mayan calendar is December 21 2012 so no 2013 sub!
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

I'm rolling thunder pouring rain
    I'm coming on like a hurricane Hordak
    My lightning's flashing across the sky
    You're only young but you're gonna die
    I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives
    Nobody's putting up a fight
    I got my bell I'm gonna take you to Despondos
    I'm gonna get ya Hordak get ya

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    The last day of the Mayan calendar is December 21 2012 so no 2013 sub!
    And that's my birthday, so I better eat my cake early in the day. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds logical, but doesn't fit in the category of "Biggest News Ever" in my opinion. But again, that's just my opinion.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    It's the second MOTUC vehicle:

The Spectormobile.

It's going to be the Battle Ram. Scott will announce that enough windraiders were sold to justify another Vehicle and that the Battle Ram is a go for 2013.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the thing scott mentioned that management greenlit during his video confirming the 2013 sub went through. Doubtful a movie or cartoon greenlight. This in all liklihood has to do with MOTUC otherwise it would be announced/leaked through other channels already. Maybe testing out the preorder idea with the Battle Ram since it's already been sculpted and is low risk for that reason? Eh, probably more wishful thinking on my end. Looking forward to the announcement and hope that Scott hasn't hyped up whatever it is too much.

Battle-Ram would be awesome.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Santa Clause and his elves are now in China, overseeing production, and all our qc problems will be solved. Also, he will be personally delivering the figures in exchange for cookies, so goodbye Sparks, NV.

This is what I was thinking as well. Only a few hours until we find out!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

How about Lego Masters? It would be the biggest and smallest announcement at the same time. (this is more wishful thinking than a realistic hope).

Or maybe their crack lab of researchers found out that if you feed your MOTUC after midnight, the paint magically repairs itself, eliminating all black spots.